Britt's Goal or Bust OMAD Journey

Options

Replies

• veranj25
    veranj25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed reading your thread , im still new and the support the community has is awesome
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your kind words, everyone. Yesterday was a rough one for me emotionally, but I received a lot of online and in-person support (my coworker also struggles with an ED, and I am so happy things were orchestrated for us to be working together!). I am feeling much better today, and I know all I can do is move forward. No binges yesterday, though I did have the urge. I am looking forward to putting those behind me once again.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    @veranj25 welcome! You won't find a better group than this one <3
  • veranj25
    veranj25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »

Thank you
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you have support. Remember that "Tomorrow is always a new day" <3
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear about the binge! I am glad that you are making peace with it, and moving on. That is the only way you keep up all the good work that you have worked so hard for.

You are amazing!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Me too, @Brendalea69. A few years ago, one binge would've sent me completely off the rails for months at a time. I have been so accustomed to isolating when I feel shame, and I am finding that reaching out for help really helps me sort through how I am feeling in a way that is much more empowering when making further choices. I have preached that my whole life, but I haven't heeded my own advice until recently.

@sammygold2015 thank you so much. You and everyone here are also amazing!
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I'm elated that you have recovered so well.

• brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks, @EstrangedTiger! So far so good :)
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Update:
    My original plan was to lift on MWF and go for long walks on TThS, but I think the fact that LA is so hilly in comparison to Miami means that I will need more rest days than just one each week. A 4-mile flat Miami walk is nothing compared to the 4-mile hikes I have been taking across the bluff here, and my body is definitely crying out for some stretching and rest. As such, I have decided that Saturdays will be dedicated to yoga/stretching, and Sundays will be complete rest days. I am still planning to get at least 10K+ steps on the weekends but through more leisurely means instead of intentionally going on long hikes. Since I won't be as active, I will be OMADing on both Saturdays and Sundays for the rest of the summer and will check in here. My weigh-ins will still be on Mondays.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    6/30
    Days until maintenance: 63

Today's OMAD:
    v6r85rkgftu7.jpg
    xyorgow38ady.jpg
  • EstrangedTiger
    Options
    @brittdee88 Jalapeños, black beans, guac, pico, chips and chocolate. Oh yeah.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    After yet another binge last night, I realize that I need to get back on the FAA plan for a while. I am definitely OD'ing on sugar once again, and I need to get back on track. I am going to follow it for the rest of the month, and I will rejoin you lovely people after 30 days on plan.
    I'll be around to cheer you all on!
  • catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    We all slip up sometimes just get back up and stick to your routine and you will be fine dont worry about it you are in control you have it in the bag!!!❤ hugs!
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thank you, @catuccifranco08!
  • catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE VERY WELCOME! ❤
  • tlblanks1
    tlblanks1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Britt, you are making the right choice in switching things up to get back where you need to be. I am finding myself in almost your same situation where I am eating more than I need to be. It seems that I am struggling to get back on track. As long as we don't give up and give in to the negative behaviors we will be fine. I look forward to reading about your triumph and having a triumph of my own.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thank you, @tlblanks1! I am confident that we can make it, too. I am journaling in the binge support group now, so I am hoping that helps.
  • EstrangedTiger
    Options
    After yet another binge last night, I realize that I need to get back on the FAA plan for a while. I am definitely OD'ing on sugar once again, and I need to get back on track. I am going to follow it for the rest of the month, and I will rejoin you lovely people after 30 days on plan.
    I'll be around to cheer you all on!

Best wishes. You are strong and will gain control.

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Avoid the tendency to enlarge the acknowledgment of a failure. Just act like it never happened and don't even dignify it with more than a reflective moment. If you don't do that and it happens again, you will know you need to reassess priorities or find what it might be you haven't come to terms with, but otherwise, just treat it like a kid acting up in the classroom--ignore and move right past it. And once the "kid" realizes no one is watching, it won't keep seeking attention, per our analogy here.

Then again, there is certainly nothing wrong with sharing it with the group, either.