TEAM: The Slimsons (July)

Options

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 It’s funny. I was trying to figure out why I had no desire to post when I used to actively post. Then I realized that I had nothing to report. No gym time really bummed me.
    I got a call yesterday and they have a promotion going on so I am heading back on Monday. I have to work tues, wed, thurs but gym Friday. Then the following week it’s 5 days a week. I return to work full time in September. So. I am recommitted to get to 155 by then. Bring it on.

@jennfalzon1979 I get that. I have dialed back my weight training so that I'm not actively gaining muscle for a few months in hopes of finally getting the scale to move and I feel a little sad, like I'm not doing anything impressive at the gym....
    So happy that you're getting your membership back!!
  • Jkyzab
    Jkyzab Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    jkyzab
    week 2 july
    pw: 281
    cw: 287
    track no
    calories is over
    exercise: I don't know if this is accepted or not, but since I work as a janitor at night, I been walking 6 1/2 hours doing moderate cleaning.

• AB0215
    Options
    Happy Sunday Slimsons!

Welcome to Week 2!

I've been trying to focus myself back on my original goal starting this month an I feel like I'm headed in the right direction. Completed my first 24 hour fast yesterday, was harder than I imagined. I'm thinking about making it a weekly thing. I need to really feel stronger than food and yesterday was a test.

Today I challenged myself to clean out my closet and finally let go of the clothes that are too big. Much to my surprise, that resulted in 2 very full trash bags and that really doesn't even include the bag I already gave my sister last month. Hard to believe I'm not that girl anymore and most of my wardrobe doesn't fit.
    Yesterday I challenged myself to get my ring re-sized. I'm doing these things because mentally I need to let go of the "fat girl." It's not me anymore, yes I'm still bigger than I should be, yes I still have a long way to go, but that girl just isn't me anymore and I think that mentally I need to let go so that I can move forward.

Today is a new day, a new week and another opportunity to get closer to where I want to be.

Make it a great day team and let's get closer to our goals!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Jkyzab wrote: »
    calories is over
    exercise: I don't know if this is accepted or not, but since I work as a janitor at night, I been walking 6 1/2 hours doing moderate cleaning.

@Jkyzab Honestly, activity is activity and it all helps!
  • Emw148
    Emw148 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I see that many of us are up this week. I'm stuck right now and I really truly am not doing anything I can think of to stall my weight loss. Its frustrating but I won't give up!
    They say the definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Well, I'm gonna keep tracking everything and see if I need to make some changes after next week...
  • AB0215
    Options
    Emw148 wrote: »
    I see that many of us are up this week. I'm stuck right now and I really truly am not doing anything I can think of to stall my weight loss. Its frustrating but I won't give up!
    They say the definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Well, I'm gonna keep tracking everything and see if I need to make some changes after next week...
    @Emw148 It's true, doing the same thing and expecting a different result is insane, except sometimes in weight loss. Weight loss is never linear, and you're not truly at a plateau until you've been there for a few weeks. Keep plugging along.
    Having said that, there are cases where you are eating hidden calories too, not weighing foods or tracking everything, or you didn't realize that the can had 2 servings instead of 1, those kinds of things.
    I think the most important thing is not to let one week discourage you. Believe me, if I let 1 week get to me, I would have quit a long time ago and that doesn't help at all.
  • AB0215
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise:Yes, 30 mins weight training, 10 mins bike

Comments: Today did some overhead squats, finished with dumbbell lungs and calf extensions, followed by 10 minutes on the bike.
    Spent most of my day "spring" cleaning so I got in a lot of activity all day and my knees are telling me what a terrible idea that was, hopefully they settle down soon, going to finish the night with some netflix.
  • KT4everFree
    KT4everFree Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Sunday post
    Calories: even
    Exercise: yes
    Water: 120oz
    Track: yes
  • Keri8680
    Keri8680 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Sunday
    Track- yes
    Calories- ok
    Carbs- above my limit but not enough to kick me out of ketosis (i hope).
    Exercise- no
    Water- yes! Refilled my gigantic water bottle twice!
    We went to a brewery to sample some beers because my hubby had a groupon that was about to expire. I probably only drank 16 oz altogether but it ended up giving me an awful headache all afternoon and I had to nap- was sluggish! Stupid alcohol- i rarely drink!
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yes
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Sunday, July 8th
    Tracking yes
    Calories no
    Exercise yes swimming laps
    Carbs over. Nuts are still my downfall.
    We have two teenage grand daughters visiting. We are eating out, going to beach, and having fun. I am cooking and it’s not easy to resist. If I can resist the nuts, I can win here but I have an addiction to them. I love the crunch. 😎
    I do best with fasting but with the kids visiting, that’s out.
  • lydiapassthedonuts
    lydiapassthedonuts Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I think I'm gonna have to sit this one out. I have been sick and so far it's not getting any better.

Keep kickin' *kitten*! I'll be cheering you on.
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Sunday

Track: Yes. Everything.
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: No.
    Water: 1 liter.

Comments: So there's the notorious weekend. Today isn't much better. I'm over my calorie goal but I'm not planning on eating much else for the rest of the day. I'm going to stay on track for the rest of the week. I want at least a one pound loss by Friday. No more of this bs. For some reflection, I've noticed it's when I eat out that going over my calorie goal happens. I'm making a promise to myself not to eat out at all (even if my family or friends go!) until I get to my mini goal weight of 190. It's actually the one thing that creates a downfall and is an easy fix. No matter how 'healthy' i try to eat when I'm out, the results are always high calories.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Monday
    Track - yes
    Calories - under with lots to spare
    Exercise - 3 mile early morning run
  • IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Pw 199
    Cw 190.4
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise no
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    July 9 th wed.
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes 1hr. gym.
    Carbs over 🧐
    I think I will try to do what River Goddess is doing and not worry about carbs so much as sugar and grains right now. All these mangos, strawberries and wonderful fruits I am preparing for my family, make it impossible to keep carbs low.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Sorry, but I think I'm gonna have to sit this one out. I have been sick and so far it's not getting any better.

Keep kickin' *kitten*! I'll be cheering you on.

@lydiapassthedonuts I moved you to the cheer squad, feel free to hang out with us and participate even if not weighing in every week.

Side note, whoever decided that "kitten" was the word they were substituting for the words that they don't want us to see...really needs to re-think it...just saying, last month it was kitten diet, now we're kicking them...and yeah...there's so many things wrong with it...just saying
  • KT4everFree
    KT4everFree Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Track- yes
    Calories: over,not if I include exercise
    Exercise: yes
    Water: 80ish oz
This discussion has been closed.