Graduation Announcements!

Replies

• NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    I'm counting today as graduation. My GPS was flaky and I think it caused my run to be a little short. But, I'm counting it.

I'll repeat the 5K a few times, and try running someplace flatter than the road where I live, and then, on to 10K.
  • laffercat
    laffercat Posts: 902 Member
    I know there's not much action on this thread but I'm posting anyway. Finished C25K last week and did my 2nd 5k race today. I am not running 10 minute miles, but can do 30 minutes. Moving on to 10k trainer next week.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Congrats! @laffercat
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 386 Member
    Just did my last run of C25K! Who'd have ever thought I'd be able to run for 30 minutes without stopping?! I still can't run 5K but I'm making progress! Go me☺️
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Ran for 35 minutes!!

Now onto my 10K trainer!
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Finished Week 8 Day 3 on Good Friday.
    Ran 3.1 miles this morning!- No walking!
    I think I've graduated!!!
  • naomillion
    naomillion Posts: 351 Member
    3gfyywrtjysm.jpeg

I made it last week! I ran for 35 minutes 5.2k and felt like I could ran for longer! I was always training outdoors, so I decided to finish my c25k around a little lake. Plenty of hills and still made it through without walking. Felt like Rocky when I finished it! Now I will work on my pace and then start the 10k program. Can't wait, yay!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,785 Member
    Finished last run this am!! Really learned a lot using this app. Highly recommend it.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    My husband and I finished 5k around the lake today. The temperature was nice but the humidity was so high that we were both dripping wet by the time we finished! Technically this was our second time running the distance, since we did it day before yesterday, but that was a cross country run where we have to stop to climb steps, turn around, etc. so today's was the first run without stopping. We finished in 36 minutes and some change, since he forgot to stop the tracking app when we were done.

This is where we stopped to stretch after running - the running trail is on the other side of this little lake, you're looking across the lake at it.

7ehjo79knog4.jpg

If you had told me a year ago that today we would be running 5k, I wouldn't have believed you. I had undiagnosed diabetes and was morbidly obese, with a giant ovarian tumor. I felt so bad I had given up doing chores because walking from the car to a store was too difficult. My husband had cancer and exercise induced asthma. Today he is cancer free, and his lungs are doing better due to having more stamina. I am within one pound of normal weight (so close!), my diabetes is controlled, and my ovarian surgery is a thing of the past.

We ran / walked our first race already, in support of the West Cancer Center where my husband's cancer was treated. We're signed up for our second race in support of St Jude's Children's hospital on Dec. 2. This time we plan to run the whole thing!
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    I completed my last run on 12/28. It felt great and can't wait to figure out what's next
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    I completed my last run on 12/28. It felt great and can't wait to figure out what's next

Awesome!!! Congrats!
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    I just completed The Couch to 5 K program! Not gonna lie, I fought tears of happiness! I was thinking to myself keep it together girl, keep it together. Lol

Jan 22, 2018
  • CILLAJ8
    CILLAJ8 Posts: 99 Member
    I recently completed the program too. It felt amazing to be able to complete it. Now I'm going to work on my speed and do some more 5k's when the weather warms up.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    edited March 2018
    i finished the program last monday. Got so close to the 6:00 pace needed to complete 5km in 30 minutes but alas it wasnt to be. I got to 4.7km in the alotted 30 minutes and completed the 5km in 32mins.

will move on to 10k once i have my pace down to 6:00

this is the starting spot of my run
    vr5rv8kn3sha.jpg

• PaganUK
    PaganUK Posts: 238 Member
    Hi fellow graduates!
    I completed my NHS Couch to 5K last week covering 30 minutes running.
    Today I ran my first Park run for my Graduation Run!!
    5km in 36.30 seconds. :):)

• Jedi_Jo
    Jedi_Jo Posts: 133 Member
    I graduated Couch to 5K on Sunday. I’m so pleased, and plan to keep running.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Way to go!