Current weight: 184.2
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    July 18
    Exercise: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

Went to run on the treadmill this afternoon while my husband stayed with the little dudes and cooked dinner. When I got back, a grilled chicken breast and broccoli was ready for me. Not a meal I dream about, but one that is always predictably positive for my goals, and I was so grateful and happy that he watched the boys for me and cooked for us all so that I could have that time to exercise.

Here's a question of the day for you all: Who or what do you feel grateful toward for helping or supporting you in your weight loss goals?

I feel like I could name a lot, including this group, but today husband wins with the grilled chicken, broccoli, and free time! :smile:
  • eevang
    eevang Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My father has always pushed exercise, and he’s been pretty good about supporting that. He watches my dog all the time when I’m at the gym and never complains. This week I was at his office for a check up (he is a dentist), and the hygienist said, “You must be so proud” (of the weight loss). He said, “Yes, I am proud.” I really thought there might be a “but” coming, but that was it. My dad isn’t really demonstrative, so that’s a lot coming from him.
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,946 Member
    Options
    Username: inshapeCK
    Weigh day: Wednesday
    Week 3
    Previous weight: 146.7
    Current weight: 146.3
  • cjscoey
    cjscoey Posts: 57 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    July 16
    Exercise: Yes Weights

July 17
    Exercise: Yes Cardio

July 18
    Exercise: No Rest

Username: cjscoey
    Weigh day: Thursday
    Week 3
    Previous weight: 178
    Current weight: 176.8
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    July 18
    Exercised?: Yes. Walk 8+km in 60+ mins (North Sydney - lunch & dinner walk)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Normal busy work day. Got out when I could.

July 19
    Exercised?: Yes. Walk 3km in 24 mins (Lunch walk only).

Very busy work day. Sorted out some computer issues instead of dinner walk. Ordered in steak.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for July 19 is plank. (standard, forearm or knee) (https://greatist.com/fitness/perfect-plank)

2 sets
    • First set 30 seconds if new to them, 60 seconds if a regular, 90 seconds if can regularly make 60 seconds. , wait 2
    • Second set 15 seconds, 30 seconds or 60 seconds
  • craigo3154
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    Here's a question of the day for you all: Who or what do you feel grateful toward for helping or supporting you in your weight loss goals?

I feel like I could name a lot, including this group, but today husband wins with the grilled chicken, broccoli, and free time! :smile:
    @LesIckaBod. Your husband wins :)

For my biggest weight management benefactors have been:
    • My wife (for putting up with me - cooking - and generally being there when needed).
    • MFP for making tracking easy and having great communities (like this one and UAC).
    • The internet (particularly PubMed) for having enough free information to enable me to find out what works for me and WHY. I never take information on face value. I always look for reference sources and try find if the information has been reliably researched or discredited.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    eevang wrote: »
    My father has always pushed exercise, and he’s been pretty good about supporting that. He watches my dog all the time when I’m at the gym and never complains. This week I was at his office for a check up (he is a dentist), and the hygienist said, “You must be so proud” (of the weight loss). He said, “Yes, I am proud.” I really thought there might be a “but” coming, but that was it. My dad isn’t really demonstrative, so that’s a lot coming from him.

@eevang. HIgh praise from a man of few words. Always feels nice to know you have earned respect from those you cherish, not just given it because you are family or friends.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    eevang wrote: »
    I’ve thought a lot about my ultimate weight goals, and I’ve decided to keep pushing full throttle (which for me is -1.3/week average) until I hit the normal weight range. After that point, I might slow it down a bit to start figuring out how to gently transition to maintenance.

I’ve often wished the weight would come off faster. That I could wake up one day having lost 20 pounds over night. But I’m finding myself glad it takes so long to lose weight. Mentally adjusting to weight loss takes time.

@eevang. It's hard to get momentum back once you pull the foot off the gas. I think it is a good thing to keep going at pace till in the "normal" range.

Once there, ease off the throttle.

The trick to maintenance is that you really are still in a weight conscious mode all the time. It becomes your lifestyle. Weight conscious, but not weight focused. You do and eat what makes you "feel" good, not what is "popular". You know what works for you and you just do it.

The hard bit about maintenance is that there is no real "target". Instead of trying to get to a target weight/size, you are trying to NOT get to a weight/size. It's not glamorous, you don't get compliments, it becomes "expected" by those around you.

It takes MONTHS to internalise the feelings of being a smaller size. I was in "normal" range and on full maintenance for 2 months before I "felt" like I was in the normal range and not "overweight". However, I still remember what it was like to be overweight and NEVER want to go there again.

If daily activity and good food in moderation is the price for feeling great in my own body almost every day, it's worth it.
  • klmac8
    klmac8 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Username: klmac8
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's Weight: 198
    Todays Weight: 198.2

Just got back into town! Gained .2 but considering how bad I ate over my birthday weekend (week) I'm not too upset!
  • caitlynns727
    caitlynns727 Posts: 80 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    July 18
    Exercise: 8 mile hike

July 19
    Exercise: 2 mile run

Thought I would be proactive today and get my run and steps in before the tooth extraction. Apparently exercising before the dentist is not the best idea though because that combined with my weird genetics meant I burnt through the local anesthetic too quickly to get the tooth out. I am on orders not to exercise before the next attempt 😂 what a weird feeling! They also said "this is common for athletic people" and I was like wait me athletic? Nice!
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    July 19
    Exercise: Yes
    Calories: No - about 350 over

Tragic news this evening had us hugging our boys a little tighter and recognizing that none of us knows what the next day will bring.

I want to remember that each day spent alive with friends and family is a gift and to treat this time as precious.

May you all be well tonight!

• cjscoey
    cjscoey Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    July 19
    Exercise: Yes Cardio
  • fe452436
    fe452436 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Username:fe452436
    Weigh in day:Friday
    Weigh in week:Week 3
    Weight Last week:188 lbs
    Weight this week:188.5 lbs

Sorry.I will try my best to see loss next week.
    I wasn’t tracking often this week.But still remained very conscious.I had first session with the Phisio therapist.I told her that I was doing 160 repetitions of the forward bends(touching toes while standing).This also contributed to the herniated disk.She told me now to do opposite moves daily.
  • caitlynns727
    caitlynns727 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    July 20
    Exercise: Not today - my jaw was still really sore from yesterday so I gave it another day to recover
  • craigo3154
    Options
    July 20
    Exercised?: Yes. Home from Sydney (Lunch walk + Sydney airport via train. Well over 20 mins activity)

Flew home. Late night. Flight delays. At least in-flight catering got the right meal.

July 21
    Exercised?: Yes. 14,000+ steps, drone race setup and tear down.

Drone race competition. Flew well probably the best I have done to date. No crashes, no damage. Disappointed not to make final. However, bad draw meant that I needed to beat the best pilot in my division even to make the final.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for July 21 is lunges ()

3 sets
    • First set 10 or 15 each leg (if 10 is too easy continue to 15).
    • Second set 6 or 9 each leg.
    • Third set 5 or 8 each leg.
  • craigo3154
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Username: craigo3154
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's Weight: (63.0kg) 138.9
    Todays Weight: (63.0kg) 138.9

Saturday weigh in as was away interstate all week. Actually was 62.5kg the following morning (Sun). Still on the low side.

I have a policy of the numbers are what they are. Even if they feel high or low, I take them as just a measurement of mass in earths gravity (not self worth :) ).
  • LydiaKate1995
    LydiaKate1995 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Username: Lydiakate1995
    Weigh in week: week 3
    Weigh in day: sunday
    Last weeks weight: 304lbs
    This weeks weight: 304lbs

I weighed on friday because i came on holiday so dont have access to scales. I wont be tracking my food this week but will stay midful of the things im eating but also enjoy my holiday. I wont be able to log my weight next sunday as i wont have access to a scale so just entre me as the same weight im sure i wont gain or lose too much.
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Username: emmclean
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Week's Weight: 188
    Todays Weight: 185.6

Sorry for the late weigh in, was travelling for work. Just about back on track, just 6 weeks to the wedding and it's my hen do next weekend, eek!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Message for all team members:

@ahelgers10.
    @ariel1116.
    @CrowChild.
    @fatburner2018.
    @Jenfett1.
    @LydiaKate1995.
    @Yasiral.
    @brunchowl.
    @doverlyk.
    @eevang.
    @LesIckaBod.
    @mthomas0228.
    @susanbenita.
    @luvirishgrls.
    @caitlynns727.
    @inshapeCK.
    @Klmac8.
    @cjscoey.
    @fe452436.
    @emmclean.

This is the last week of the July Challenge. After this week, all members will be rolled over automatically into the August Challenge.

The August challenge thread is:
    TEAM: Gutbusters (August) ( https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10683186/team-gutbusters-august#latest )
    If you wish not to participate next month, please message the team captain or Ashley (@AB0215) or Craig ( @craigo3154. )

Please view your team thread and post a brief introduction so others in the team can know who you are.

When viewing the thread, please "bookmark" the thread by pressing the "star" icon (it should turn yellow).
    3cu4npy62hfa.png

This way you can be notified whenever someone posts to the thread (your "bell" icon on most forum headers will show if there are any notifications).
    yop2unsw1ph1.png

If any returning member is interested in becoming a Captain and helping craigo3154 out, please let me or him know, thank you.
This discussion has been closed.