TEAM: The Slimsons (August)

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @AB0215, I know that I just wrote a book but I forgot to ask a question! :) Does the daily mini challenge begin on Sunday, July 29th or Wednesday, August 1st? I'm a spreadsheet kind of girl and want to get myself ready to go.

Also, my goal for the month is to lose 6 lbs. I'm a super slow loser and I have family coming for three days, so I'm hoping for the best! ;)
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    @AB0215, I know that I just wrote a book but I forgot to ask a question! :) Does the daily mini challenge begin on Sunday, July 29th or Wednesday, August 1st? I'm a spreadsheet kind of girl and want to get myself ready to go.

Also, my goal for the month is to lose 6 lbs. I'm a super slow loser and I have family coming for three days, so I'm hoping for the best! ;)
    @TeresaW1020 I'm a data/spreadsheet nut myself. The mini-challenge and well as the August challenge begins Sunday July, 29th. All of our challenges run Sunday thru Saturday, which ultimately means they don't always line up perfectly with the beginning and end of the months.
  • AB0215
    lorib642 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I participated in June and have got off track. I have not been logging all my meals. I am still losing but at a slower rate. Hoping this will help. I am going on vacation for a wek starting Sunday. My day is Monday, but i will have to check in earlier because i dont think there will be a scale.

@lorib642 Welcome back!!
  • paige41164
    paige41164 Posts: 4 Member
    Hey there! My name is Sierra, I’m 17. Working to get my GED. Just trying to feel better about myself by being healthier and trying to lose weight. Starting weight 250. , goal weight 150
  • hazerveeve269
    hazerveeve269 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi everyone! My name is Jenna and I'm from a smallish town in British Columbia, Canada. I've always been a drive thru gal since college and its my hardest habit to break. Also a few injuries have kept me sedentary and when I did get better the habits did not!! I know I do much better tracking.

I'm a sometimes full time teacher and part time makeup artist and writer. Teaching took it ournof me this year and I gained back 15 of the 25 pounds I lost the year before. But!! This weekend I am moving to beautiful new place with a close friend and I want to harness some fresh start vibes and use it towards my health.

Overall I would like to lose close to 100 pounds but this month I just want to focus on habit forming and beginning to make better choices. Even 5 pounds would make me happy!

I sometimes don't keep up socially online but I wanted to get out of my comfort zone and connect with like minded people. Happy to be apart of this team!!! Whoop!

Question: my weigh in day is Sunday....so i should weigh in on the 29th right?
  • AB0215
    paige41164 wrote: »
    Hey there! My name is Sierra, I’m 17. Working to get my GED. Just trying to feel better about myself by being healthier and trying to lose weight. Starting weight 250. , goal weight 150
    @Hi Sierra, welcome to the team! Just take it one day at a time and you'll start feeling better about yourself in no time!!
  • AB0215
    edited July 2018
    Hi everyone! My name is Jenna and I'm from a smallish town in British Columbia, Canada. I've always been a drive thru gal since college and its my hardest habit to break. Also a few injuries have kept me sedentary and when I did get better the habits did not!! I know I do much better tracking.

I'm a sometimes full time teacher and part time makeup artist and writer. Teaching took it ournof me this year and I gained back 15 of the 25 pounds I lost the year before. But!! This weekend I am moving to beautiful new place with a close friend and I want to harness some fresh start vibes and use it towards my health.

Overall I would like to lose close to 100 pounds but this month I just want to focus on habit forming and beginning to make better choices. Even 5 pounds would make me happy!

I sometimes don't keep up socially online but I wanted to get out of my comfort zone and connect with like minded people. Happy to be apart of this team!!! Whoop!

Question: my weigh in day is Sunday....so i should weigh in on the 29th right?
    @hazerveeve230 Hi Jenna. I know the drive through habit well, and it is hard to break. Maybe you can try meal prepping, take a few hours on one day a week or even 2 days a week and prep some meals so they're easily available, it's a bit like having your own personal drive through, except you don't actually have to go anywhere!
    I think your goals are great and just take things one day at at time and you will get there :smile:
    I was you last year, I was anti-social and I actively avoided talking to people, a few months here and I don't even know that girl anymore!
    As for your weigh in day, yes since Sundays are your weigh in day, your first weigh in will be Sunday July 29th.
  • rissared
    rissared Posts: 9 Member
    Good Afternoon,
    I'm Rissa and just outside of Houston, TX. I am super focused on my appearance which causes me way to much stress, so I am doing something about it. I want to do something different, and need more accountability and support so I am trying this. :) I used to do so much - like triathlons. Then I got pregnant with my second child and I never got back to it, 5 years later I am done with the excuses. I have two kids that keep me very busy along with a full time job that is literally 24/7 that can be very stressful. My kids are very active and I want to keep up.
    Goals - I am currently 270lbs as of Monday, by Aug 31th I would be static with 240lbs. A bit aggressive, but I know I don't drink enough water and I am out in this Texas heat every evening. my ultimate goal is 150 - my perfect weight for my height ( which I was 11 years ago) But overall healthy, look good and feel good about me.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Hi Everyone - My name is Sherry and I'm from a tiny town in Northern California. I'm 33 years old, soon to be 34. My ultimate goal is to lose 50 lbs, which would put me at 175ish pounds (I'm 5'10"). I got down to 188 a few years ago and have slowly gained it all back, which I'm disappointed with myself for letting happen. My biggest, #1 weakness is beer, I LOVE beer. I truly think that if I cut that out I could lose weight easily. I eat pretty well and usually get plenty of exercise (haven’t been walking as much though because it’s been so hot). A few of my mini goals for the month of August is to drink less & wake up early in the mornings to exercise before my day starts. My weight really is out of control and I’m getting tired of looking at my fat self in the mirror. Hoping this challenge will kick start my path to long term weight loss.
  • AB0215
    rissared wrote: »
    Good Afternoon,
    I'm Rissa and just outside of Houston, TX. I am super focused on my appearance which causes me way to much stress, so I am doing something about it. I want to do something different, and need more accountability and support so I am trying this. :) I used to do so much - like triathlons. Then I got pregnant with my second child and I never got back to it, 5 years later I am done with the excuses. I have two kids that keep me very busy along with a full time job that is literally 24/7 that can be very stressful. My kids are very active and I want to keep up.
    Goals - I am currently 270lbs as of Monday, by Aug 31th I would be static with 240lbs. A bit aggressive, but I know I don't drink enough water and I am out in this Texas heat every evening. my ultimate goal is 150 - my perfect weight for my height ( which I was 11 years ago) But overall healthy, look good and feel good about me.
    @rissared Hi Rissa! My suggestion is to start small, add in some activity, even if it's just cleaning or doing something with the kids and focus on eating better, nothing super drastic. You want to make sustainable change and take it one day at a time, make small, achievable goals and use that momentum to make bigger goals and get yourself to the finish line. Give yourself time to adjust to the initial changes and then kick them up a notch slowly, you will adapt and it won't feel as hard as if you were to make super drastic changes. You got this and WELCOME!!
  • AB0215
    Hi Everyone - My name is Sherry and I'm from a tiny town in Northern California. I'm 33 years old, soon to be 34. My ultimate goal is to lose 50 lbs, which would put me at 175ish pounds (I'm 5'10"). I got down to 188 a few years ago and have slowly gained it all back, which I'm disappointed with myself for letting happen. My biggest, #1 weakness is beer, I LOVE beer. I truly think that if I cut that out I could lose weight easily. I eat pretty well and usually get plenty of exercise (haven’t been walking as much though because it’s been so hot). A few of my mini goals for the month of August is to drink less & wake up early in the mornings to exercise before my day starts. My weight really is out of control and I’m getting tired of looking at my fat self in the mirror. Hoping this challenge will kick start my path to long term weight loss.
    @sherbear702 Welcome! Those are some great, super achievable goals! I always suggest getting your exercise in in the morning, before your brain realizes what you're doing :wink: I wouldn't think you would need to cut out all your beer, but it can add up fast if you're not paying attention. Maybe you save it for a weekend treat :smile: Another thing to think about and I didn't realize how important this was at first, but forgive yourself, and stop thinking of yourself as the "fat person" because a lot of times it really is all about the mindset, think of yourself as on your way to being a healthier version of yourself. You got this!!
  • cmm5904
    cmm5904 Posts: 33 Member
    Hi everyone! This is my first time joining an online community through MFP and participating in a challenge. I figure why not go all in! I am a single mom of two kids and I work full-time. I just finished my masters degree in June and am looking forward to carving out time for me! The last couple of years has been all about surviving the mom/work/school trifecta without totally losing it! In the meantime I’ve been incredibly sedentary as I work an office job then wrangle up my kids and hit the books in the evening. Not much time for physical activity or taking time for meal planning or cooking healthy meals. My goal for August is to track and exercise everyday. I am setting a simple yet realistic goal since I’m just getting back into a routine. I’m hoping I can manage to lose 5-6 pounds or an average of about 1.5 pounds each week during this challenge.
  • AB0215
    cmm5904 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! This is my first time joining an online community through MFP and participating in a challenge. I figure why not go all in! I am a single mom of two kids and I work full-time. I just finished my masters degree in June and am looking forward to carving out time for me! The last couple of years has been all about surviving the mom/work/school trifecta without totally losing it! In the meantime I’ve been incredibly sedentary as I work an office job then wrangle up my kids and hit the books in the evening. Not much time for physical activity or taking time for meal planning or cooking healthy meals. My goal for August is to track and exercise everyday. I am setting a simple yet realistic goal since I’m just getting back into a routine. I’m hoping I can manage to lose 5-6 pounds or an average of about 1.5 pounds each week during this challenge.

@cmm5904 Welcome!! Congrats on your masters!! Great goals!! You have a great plan too, good luck, you got this!
  • CerysDub
    CerysDub Posts: 15 Member
    Hi everyone!!

I'm Cerys I'm 31 and in the UK, and although I'm new to the group, but returning to the weight loss scene!

After being overweight my whole life, I had foot surgery on both feet and being stuck in bed for a long period of time was a massive wake up call for me, so decided to try to get my BMI into the healthy range before I turned 30. Which I achieved with the help of a personal trainer! I went from 215lbs down to 130lbs in about a year and a half (in time to get married which was a bonus!) And began competing in powerlifting competitions which I loved (I represented britain and european level)!!

The next summer I went on an amazing 6 week holiday to america put on some weight, and then fell pregnant at christmas... fast forward a year and half of being pregnant and having my now 9 month old daughter and not really exercising (was too scared and then was recovering from an emergency c-section) and not watching what I ate.. and I am almost back to where I was to begin with :( 205lbs!

So basically time to do it all again! I'm a little disheartened and a little worried, as life is super busy now, I recently got promoted to head of science at a school I teach at, and now I have a little one who isn't the biggest fan of sleep... However, I also know that I can do it and how to do it!

I've just started the summer holidays here so I really want to set up good habits to make things easier when I'm back at work in september, so this seemed like a good challenge to keep me focused! I'd like to lose 7lbs this month to start things off! Sorry for the essay!!
  • a_petersen09
    a_petersen09 Posts: 58 Member
    Hi everyone! My name is Amy, I’m from a small town in Arizona. I’m a stay at home mom with a 5 month old daughter. I’m currently 3lbs lighter than my pre pregnancy weight, so I’m pretty proud of myself about that. I haven’t really thought of a goal amount to lose for the month but I know in total I’d like to lose around 120lbs. I know it’s going to take a while and a lot of hard work and dedication but I’m so pumped! Zumba and yoga are currently my go to exercises, I would like to add hiking into the mix when it starts to cool down some. I’m so excited to do this challenge!!
  • BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    Hey there everyone!! Hope you all are having a wonderful day! Are you ready for the challenge to start tomorrow? If you can't tell, I am! Be kind to yourself, love yourself, and enjoy life!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Hey there everyone!! Hope you all are having a wonderful day! Are you ready for the challenge to start tomorrow? If you can't tell, I am! Be kind to yourself, love yourself, and enjoy life!

Yes!! I'm excited for tomorrow! :D I already have my spreadsheet ready to go for the daily accountability. I am determined to finish the last half of the year much stronger than I did in the first half. :/
  • a_petersen09
    a_petersen09 Posts: 58 Member
    @AB0215 So this is my first challenge and I’m a little confused when I’m supposed to weigh in. Do we weigh on our normal days or on Sunday?
  • Nikki_1130
    Nikki_1130 Posts: 58 Member
    Username: Nikki_1130
    Week: July 29th 2018
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW = 262.6
    CW = 261.2
This discussion has been closed.