TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (August)

Options

Replies

• MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    CCzMini wrote: »
    Exercise ring, as in fitbit?

It is on the Apple Watch. There are three rings- move, exercise & stand. You have to actively just move throughout the day, but the exercise doesn’t actually register unless you walk briskly & get your heart rate up. The exercise is currently set at 30 min daily, but I will increase the goal soon. The standing ring is set at 12 hours where you have to stand and move around for at least one min an hour. The watch sends reminders to stand and move. It is fun to actually see the rings progress & you get these little badges for accomplishments. I use my Apple Watch all the time!

That sounds fun! I have a Fitbit and love the green screen... but have but considering an upgrade...maybe ill look at an apple watch yhis time.
  • violasmith85
    violasmith85 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    August 1st Mini Challenge
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: over
    Exercise: yes, 30 mins biking

Try again tomorrow...were you over by much?

Yeah, kind of wish I'd stopped tracking. Not sure why I was so hungry yesterday. Luckily today has been the opposite so hopefully I make up for it.
  • violasmith85
    violasmith85 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Wednesday August 1st

Tracked yes
    Calories no
    Exercised no

I was having an off day yesterday, I tend to slip one day I week so I guess yesterday was that day. I am hoping to improve this and not slip, at all unless it's somewhat out of my control (like a baptism that I know will be coming up in a couple of months, the food is usually pre planed) oh well can't look back just forward.

I do the same thing almost every week. Luckily I seem to do really well the rest of the week so I end up with a loss. Would be better if I could push through those days because I know I'd show much bigger losses each week if I did.
  • miroller
    miroller Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    8/1
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes. 25 mins on the elliptical.
  • priiiiiska
    priiiiiska Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge
    02/08
    Calories : tracked and under
    Exercices : 17 257 steps vit no gym as it was way too hot !!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Wednesday August 1st

Tracked yes
    Calories no
    Exercised no

I was having an off day yesterday, I tend to slip one day I week so I guess yesterday was that day. I am hoping to improve this and not slip, at all unless it's somewhat out of my control (like a baptism that I know will be coming up in a couple of months, the food is usually pre planed) oh well can't look back just forward.

Lots of people have one cheat day, or cheat meal, a week that they know ahead of time they will be doing. You just seem to do yours inadvertently! If it's only once a week, you should still be fine. If you can get right back on track, then you should still be fine. And yes, there are always special occasions where we are not in control of our food. To combat those days, you can try to bank your calories from a few days before, or that day by eating a light lunch or skipping it altogether, for example. You can also try to get in a really great calorie burning workout earlier in the day to give you extra food calories to work with!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    Aug 1
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: none
    I am stiff & sore lots of strains
    But Dr. said I am blessed because I am really good shape for my age....lol..I just smiled and said thank you trying not to read anything into that comment. I am not that old......
    Steps: 2269
    Water 128oz

Gonna try some yoga and meditation today
    Happy Thursday

No, Tami, you are not that old! (I think we are the same age!!) He probably meant that, by age 50, if you aren't actively working out or eating well, you will be out of shape. I would say most middle aged North Americans are out of shape somewhat, wouldn't you agree? Think about other women you know in your age group. They might not necessarily be obese, but definitely a few pounds overweight, and their exercise consists mainly of what, walks around the neighbourhood? That is nothing compared to what you do!! You work out like a fiend, and not just cardio, but strength training as well. Unless you are super short, weighing in the low 150's like you do, you are not that far off of goal weight! You are in much better shape than most other women in their 50's!!! I think that is what your doctor meant. Take it as a compliment!!
  • goodreadsgal
    goodreadsgal Posts: 248 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    M
  • kidkees
    kidkees Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    August 2
    Tracking yes
    Under calories yes
    Over 11,000 steps so far. Made a yummy veggies stir fry with sausage for dinner.
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Thursday, August 2
    Logged: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercised: No

Sun: Yes
    Mon: Yes
    Tue: Yes
    Wed: Yes

Thu: No

• Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    August 2
    Tracking-yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes ( 1 mile walk)
  • CCzMini
    CCzMini Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    8/2
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- no, 250 over.
    Exercise- yes, treadmill 40 min.
  • Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Thursday 8-2
    Track yes, had to eat more based on my calorie burned.
    Calorie , yes
    Exercise, yes Softball played outfield and scored a couple of times.
  • jkdooley
    jkdooley Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    jkdooley wrote: »
    jkdooley wrote: »
    Weigh in day weight: 168.2

Mini Challenge
    Exercise: yes, billed to a restaurant for lunch.
    Track food: yes
    I rode my bike to lunch at a restaurant. The person I met was surprised I rode my bike and asked why? All I could say was it was beautiful day. Someday I would like to say and why not! But that sounds rude.

Great job on biking to the restaurant...burning some calories before your lunch!! You said you tracked your food....were you under on your calories?

Yes I was under
  • jkdooley
    jkdooley Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Tracking food yes and under amount
    Tracking exercise
    Mowed the lawn with a self propelled push mower. Takes an hour to do my yard. My neighbors use riding mowers. Glad I do not use a rider. Did an aerobics class for 40 minutes.
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Username: Tracie_Lord
    Weigh in week: Aug Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Week's weight: 213.25
    Todays Weight: 212.50

Loss this week 0.75lbs; slowly slowly as they say I guess :/

6 weeks today I will be at the airport woo hoo!! @HASWLRS I am flying from Manchester, UK to Orlando, US (Sorry I only saw your comment after July thread has closed so couldn't reply)

SW 298.50
    GW 180.00
    Loss to date 86.00lbs
  • Coheednkimbria
    Coheednkimbria Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Username: Coheednkimbria
    Weigh in week: August week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Week's weight: 158.5
    Todays Weight: 158
This discussion has been closed.