TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (August)

Options

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    txmaryk99 wrote: »
    @HASWLRS Welcome back. We missed you but are glad you got the time with your son.
    Woot @HASWLRS we missed you!!! How was your vacation?

😀😀😀glad you are back😃😃😃

Yes, I am back and still trying to get caught up....lots to read from this and my other challenge. Haven't even ventured to my home page yet! Will tell you more about my trip, just a little later!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge - August Week #4 (Sun the 19th to Sat the 25th)

Winner's Circle - 6 or 7 days:
    @abowersgirl (7) - 2nd week in a row in the Winner's Circle!!
    @murdog3t (7) - 13th week IN A ROW in the Winner's Circle!!
    @erikNJ (6) - only attempted last week!!
    @kidkees (6) - 4th week in a row in the Winner's Circle!!
    @Robandy12345 (6) - 4th week in a row in the Winner's Circle!!

Notable Effort - 4 or 5 days:
    @jkdooley (5) - another Notable Effort!!
    @txmaryk99 (4) - another Notable Effort!!

Attempted:
    @MelsLeanDream (3)
    @Nicoletime4me (3)
    @priiiiiska (2)
    @violasmith85 (2)
    @CCzMini (1)
    @miroller (1)

We had 13 participate this week, down from 14 the week before, but we had 5 in the Winner's Circle, one more than last week. @abowersgirl (ALL SEVEN DAYS), @murdog3t (ALL SEVEN DAYS), @kidkees and @Robandy12345 were joined in the Winner's Circle this week by @erikNJ. Congratulations to all five of you for a fabulous week!!
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @HASWLRS
    Cant wait to hear about your trip once you settle in.
  • erikNJ
    Options
    I have been staying on target with my calories this week, doing well there. My back pain is keeping me from any activity though. It is feeling better today. I am a very stubborn person by nature, and I want to force myself back in the gym. But I know that could hurt it worse and keep me out longer, so I am trying to be patient ...
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    August 28
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes ( 2 miles on treadmill)
  • txmaryk99
    txmaryk99 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    mini challenge 8/28
    Tracking Yes
    Calories Yes
    Exercise Yes Got out and walk/jogged with the puppy or at least tried. We are still working on manners and leash walking so sometimes she slows down when I am trying to speed up or speeds up when I am trying to slow down but we will get our rhythm sooner or later.
  • kidkees
    kidkees Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Tracked and under
    Zumba and 12k steps
  • Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 29 Aug
    Track, yes
    Under calorie target
    Exercise. Won two 9 inning ball games over 18,000 steps.
  • CCzMini
    CCzMini Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Tuesday, 8/28 mini challenge
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- under
    Exercise- yes, treadmill and several hours of hard cleaning!
    Welcome back @HASWLRS !!!!
  • Tracie_Lord
    Tracie_Lord Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    ahhh how lovely! thank you very much :)
    Happy anniversary to you and your hubby @Tracie_Lord

• jkdooley
    jkdooley Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 8/28
    171.9 ugh why bother seem to be stuck at 169-172.
    Tracked weight, calories and food. Am usually at or under calories.
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    @murdog3t wow. I wish I could manage a streak like that. That is crazy!!!!
  • abowersgirl
    Options
    @erikNJ awwwww still 😣😣hope u feel better soon
  • abowersgirl
    Options
    August 29

Tracked yes
    Calories yes
    Exercised yes. Didn't get my usual routine in (took my aunt to the hospital, nothing serious) but I did walk as much as I could (like rather then sit waiting for one appointment to the next, we walked as much as she could while waiting)

Sunday yes
    Monday yes
    Tuesday yes
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Good morning, my team of Big Butts! I am home from my vacation. It was a wonderful two weeks travelling around Europe with my husband and my son, whom I hadn't seen in person since January. The major cities we hit were Frankfurt, Zurich, Geneva, Munich, Vienna and Budapest. Whenever possible we went up a church tower or a gondola to get a great view. That was especially true when we took the gondola up the mountain to see the Matterhorn up close. We were 100 metres or so from Italy at that point, but we didn't walk across the snow where people were skiing to cross the border so we could say we were there. We did hit six other countries though ...Germany, Switzerland, France (when we took a gondola in Geneva up to Mont Saleve), Liechtenstein (because we could), Austria and Hungary. Whenever possible, we also tried to sample the local food and my guys made sure to sample a lot of local beer!! Dacau and Hitler's Eagle's Nest were two war related sites we visited and the three museums (or displays) were CERN, FIFA and BMW. In Hungary we visited a cemetery with possible relatives, and realized our last name probably had umlauts over the "o". We did a lot of walking, so my weight didn't change. I am aiming for Thursday or Friday to get back into logging my food. Exercise will follow...haven't decided yet what or when my exercise will be!! It was wonderful to see my son, but I am really glad to be home!! Time to start crushing some goals.

I have read all your posts. Some of you are doing really well and some of you are struggling, and I see we lost some Big Butts while I was gone... However, there are a few days left to finish off August, so let's finish strong!! I know it'll be hard with the long weekend, but at the very least we can start fresh right afterwards!!!
  • miroller
    miroller Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    8/29 weigh in Wednesday
    Previous: 180.6
    Current: 182.6

I'm going to begin to focus on just submitting
    my weekly weigh-ins rather than the daily challenges. Yesterday I started eating low-carb and will no longer be tracking calories. I wouldn't say it's Paleo or keto but greatly reducing my carbs. We'll see how it goes. A bit of an experiment. Till next week.
  • abowersgirl
    Options
    Wow @HASWLRS that sounds amazing!!! So glad u had fun 😃😃
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Aug 28
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 60 min yoga & meditation
    Steps: 2937
    My back & neck were hurting
    Water 88oz
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS welcome back
    We missed you
    Sounds like you had a wonderful time
  • erikNJ
    Options
    miroller wrote: »
    8/29 weigh in Wednesday
    Previous: 180.6
    Current: 182.6

I'm going to begin to focus on just submitting
    my weekly weigh-ins rather than the daily challenges. Yesterday I started eating low-carb and will no longer be tracking calories. I wouldn't say it's Paleo or keto but greatly reducing my carbs. We'll see how it goes. A bit of an experiment. Till next week.

I also had a period where I stopped the mini challenge, overwhelmed me a bit at first.
    I hope you find what works best for you!
This discussion has been closed.