Options

Replies

• mfclingan
    mfclingan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Wednesday 9/5
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Right in target
    Exercise: Yes ....hot hot hot lunchtime walk (and breaks too)
    Goals/Day: I am currently working on my own vow to not eat any sweet treat for two weeks. I made edible cookie dough today (by request) and I haven’t had any...vowing to not pull that bowl out of the fridge!! I can do it!!!
  • mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options

Mini Challenge

Here is how it works - I am going to find a picture of my "happy place" (make sure it is forum appropriate, lol) and post it here. Tell a little about it and what it means to me. Then I will tag someone from our team - anyone - and it is their turn. Keep it going until we all get to post! (PS - I use the "spoiler" tag just so there isn't 100 pictures trying to load at once!)

Our current list of members
    @BEASTFIELD314
    @Djou11
    @eminater
    @Fit_fad
    @Frens0614
    @hsuarez1991
    @nanya1
    @ToadstoolBetty
    @WA_Teacher
    @daynajason
    @dheliason
    @Shea2986
    @silke_luise
    @12774
    @bisonpitcher
    @gholderby1234
    @lar25473
    @mram3582
    @cdavisdeva
    @Ecowles675
    @mellee1430
    @MissParisFaye
    @Rhyahcf
    @Anneysmith
    @jdavid101
    @leni1us
    @rhiannonlewis35
    @roamingtiger
    @hakaiser1
    @jcoolaide
    @MarieAnn75
    @mfclingan
    @mlowemgr2

My happy place is Watson Mill State Park in GA. It is about 4 miles from our house, so we go hiking, walking, canoeing, or swimming almost every other day (at least 3-4x's a week) If I ever find myself homeless, I am going to live in this bridge!
    @BEASTFIELD314 & @cdavisdeva I would take a Christmas Park or a day at the beach ANY time someone offered it too :)
    I'm sorry, I also don't know how to use the spoiler setting either.
    Confession: I had to use a stock footage photo bucket pic of Watson Mill because I don't have any photos that don't have random friends and people that don't want to be tagged.

I choose @roamingtiger (because I like your screen name)
  • mram3582
    Options
    DP: 09/05 Wednesday
    Track:yes
    Calories: under (but holy moly on the sodium today...gonna take 3 days to get rid of that! :( )
    Exercise: 3.6mile nightly walk...I didn't do my run because Joel was with me and we had JUST eaten.
    Daily goal: To spread the joy of DOS.... C:\SHANNARA\<INSTALL.EXE>\\ C:\DATA*VOC\\. Do it again tomorrow.
  • Sweetzyd
    Sweetzyd Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday September 5th
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes - 30 min morning walk with kiddos and 22 min evening ab workout
    Goals/day: Good bit under on calories but balanced out from being over yesterday. So often I feed the kiddos and get busy with household duties, put them to bed and realized I haven't eaten dinner (and then it's too late to eat a full meal). We used to all sat down and eat together, but since the new baby it's hard to do sometimes. Going to work on that. I always enjoy sitting down as a family at meal time. It'll also help that I'm not eating so late as well.
  • missparisfaye
    missparisfaye Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Username: MissParisFaye
    Week: September Week 1 9/5
    PW: 199.7
    CW: 196 - Actually kind of surprised as my weight loss seemed to have slowed. I got on the scale three times just to be sure. I’ll take it!
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday, September 5th
    Calories: Under, but very poor food choices
    Exercise: 43 minutes on the treadmill @ 3.5 speed

Goal: Ok, today was not a good day with handling stress eating. I forgot my lunch at home so I had to munch on the goodies that were at our union meeting, very poor choices! I was very shocked that when I logged everything that I was under my calorie count for the day. Tomorrow is the first day back with kids and I will do better!!
  • ToadstoolBetty
    ToadstoolBetty Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Sept 5th
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yes ( 3 hours looking at the reduced animals at an animal Sanctuary)
  • JCoolaide
    JCoolaide Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Sept 5th
    Track: yes
    Calories under: yes
    Exercise: yes(ish)- means I really could have put more energy into it
    Goal for the 5th - water - did not complete-
    goal for 6th- drink 6 cups of water
  • gholderby1234
    gholderby1234 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Wednesday
    Exercise: 25 min 30 day shred
    Goals/day: workout after work tues, wed, and thurs
  • mellee1430
    mellee1430 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Newbie here.... starting weight 265

Sept 6

Weigh in Sept 5th- 261.4- total of 40 lbs gone in 13 weeks!
    Track: -need to read and see what this is?
    Calories: under
    Exercise: only walking at work/home as required- not allowed to exercise until ankle heals
  • BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hey there everyone!

I will be going through and updating the spreadsheet today with weights and daily posts. I will try to respond the best I can.... this has not been a great week at work, and soccer season (3 of my kids are in) and dance (2 of my kids are in) just started - so I have literally been on the go every. single. day. and. night. Combined with my 2nd job... you get the idea.

I am proud of each and every single one of you. Just know that I am here, cheering you on!!!! I hope things settle down after this week. LOL!

Today, Thursday, there are no scheduled weigh ins! Wooohooo! However, I do not have weigh ins for the following people still:

@Djou11 @Fit_fad @shea2986 @bisonpitcher @rhyahcf

May all you have a fabulous day! Like I said, I will try to respond the best I can.

Daily Post: Wednesday, September 5th
    Exercise: While one of kids were at soccer practice, I walked around the field about 15 times - almost 3 miles in total. Why not try to multitask!

Gotta relax a little. There is a on on my plate, which causes great stress... great stress leads to lots of eating. Must have willpower and resist.
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday, Sept 5
    Track: Yes I did
    Calories: Under just slightly
    Exercise: No, not today. Still stiff from Monday's Bridge walk (5.3 miles)
    Goals/Day: Focus on moving more.
  • BEASTFIELD314
    Options
    mellee1430 wrote: »
    Newbie here.... starting weight 265

Sept 6

Weigh in Sept 5th- 261.4- total of 40 lbs gone in 13 weeks!
    Track: -need to read and see what this is?
    Exercise: only walking at work/home as required- not allowed to exercise until ankle heals

Hey there @mellee1430 -

Welcome to the team! Basically, the track section is just a yes/no on whether you tracked your calories and food intake for the day. A lot of people find that is one of the best and easiest ways to lose weight is to start logging all your calories. You wouldn't believe how many times I thought there was a certain amount in something and it was like 5x that amount!!!
  • BEASTFIELD314
    Options
    Sometimes, I need to hear this... https://youtu.be/hnjeMwxFuBA
  • ToadstoolBetty
    ToadstoolBetty Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Thursday 6th
    Track:yes
    Calories: over
    Exercise: yes 5.48 miles walking to shop and back, pushing youngest.
  • hsuarez1991
    hsuarez1991 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Thursday, Sept 6th
    Track: Yes. I’ve missed a few entries last night but besides that I’ve been doing well.
    Exercise: every day so far this week. Mostly Orange Theory and have been going on 30 mins walks at work!
    Goals/Day: I’ve meal prepped and haven’t eaten out the past few days! That is a huge accomplishment for me. Will continue to meal prep and not eat out! I feel patient, consistent and disciplined.
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Sept 6th
    Track ....Yes
    Cal....Under
    Exercise ...Yes======Water aerobics 60 mins and swimming 10 mins
    Goal.Daily weights and increase water intake===== 6 glasses today

I love this method of daily posting.It provides accountability not only to myself but also to my team members.
  • mram3582
    Options
    DP:09/06 Thursday
    track: yes
    Exercise: 3.6mile 60 nightly walk. 5 min. run (just not feeling very fast tonight though...very lethargic) I still did it in the same amount of time...just feeling ssslllloooowww, I guess.
    Daily goal: meet TSA "requirements". Drink more water tonight, get some sleep and maybe I will feel more energetic tomorrow....It is park day tomorrow B)
  • Sweetzyd
    Sweetzyd Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    @BEASTFIELD314 I love that song :) thanks for sharing
This discussion has been closed.