Robert's Southern Fried OMAD Journey

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Wow...Ramadan style? Amazing! I can never do that...I just need some liquid now and then. Good luck with your weigh-in :)
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    edited August 2018
    jadepearl wrote: »
    Wow...Ramadan style? Amazing! I can never do that...I just need some liquid now and then. Good luck with your weigh-in :)

The cravings were just running away from me. It has worked as intended.

I decided to stop yesterday and rehydrated. Well, fluid is now unrestricted. However, I'm not craving it so much...

Thought it was important to weigh after a day of hydration for an accurate accounting.

During my feeding/hydration window, I was taking in 2L of water, just not distributed throughout the day.

I've decided drinking fluid can be an addiction, just like food. We often hear about people drinking too much and flushing electrolytes/retaining water. Had a doctor tell me that sipping on water all day is inferior to drinking larger amounts in a sitting (outside of a meal).

Why do we need this constant stimulation?

Anyway. I'm down to my lowest weight since 2003, 219 lbs. My urine is light colored, too light really - so hydrated.

I believe dry fasting, with proper preparation - can be a plateau buster.

Next week will be interesting, on the scale side.

• dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Great results! That is great insight also!
  • EstrangedTiger
    pessxx wrote: »
    have a great weekend and good luck!

Thank you.
    dkayingram wrote: »
    Great results! That is great insight also!

This makes me nervous. However, seems to be true for me, at least.

• jadepearl
    Congrats on your weight loss! Lowest weight since 2003? Amazing. I am not too good with dry fasting. I found that green tea is my best friend during fasting :) Don't think I can go down to my lowest weight as I was 45kg. I will be happy if I reach my GW of 50kg. Its a long way to go for me...nearly 12kg more to loose. Fingers cross! Happy Thursday! :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Congrats on being at your lowest weight in 15 years :) I cannot do dry fasting because my UT would not be very happy with me but if it works for you then thats awesome, KUTGW :)
  • EstrangedTiger
    Congrats on your weight loss! Lowest weight since 2003? Amazing. I am not too good with dry fasting. I found that green tea is my best friend during fasting :) Don't think I can go down to my lowest weight as I was 45kg. I will be happy if I reach my GW of 50kg. Its a long way to go for me...nearly 12kg more to loose. Fingers cross! Happy Thursday! :)

I really like drinking different teas, as well.

12kg isn’t so bad, you can see the finish line. 😎

45kg, yeah, 50kg is better. 😀

Dry fasting is absolutely unnecessary, but I like experimenting. Have a good weekend!
    Congrats on being at your lowest weight in 15 years :) I cannot do dry fasting because my UT would not be very happy with me but if it works for you then thats awesome, KUTGW :)

Thank you.

Yeah, dry fasting is a weapon, not a constant. Would have UTI issues, myself. Worried me a bit, but do believe it forced a swoosh. I’ll add cranberry to my rehydration mix next time.

——

Let’s see, I started at 277 in mid February and am at 219 for the end August.

58 lbs lost is a lot of weight, mercy. My endurance is 10 fold.

Given my mistakes while traveling this summer, will take it.

My wardrobe is wrecked. Digging up old clothes. Thrift stores. It’s a good problem.

SW 277
    CW 219
    GW 170ish

• jadepearl
    I would be jumping for joy if I loss 58lbs! :) That's one amazing achievement. I never like shopping last time as whenever I do go shopping, the number of the clothes depresses me. Imagine me from a size 6 (AUS) to a size 14 (at my heaviest). Right now, I love going to shopping as I can fit size 10 or even 8 depending on the cut. So, when you go shopping for smaller sizes, its a wonderful problem. :) Have a wonderful Tuesday! :)
  • EstrangedTiger
    I would be jumping for joy if I loss 58lbs! :) That's one amazing achievement. I never like shopping last time as whenever I do go shopping, the number of the clothes depresses me. Imagine me from a size 6 (AUS) to a size 14 (at my heaviest). Right now, I love going to shopping as I can fit size 10 or even 8 depending on the cut. So, when you go shopping for smaller sizes, its a wonderful problem. :) Have a wonderful Tuesday! :)

Clothes shopping opens up our insecurities. It's difficult when not feeling so good about ourselves. At my best, I'm the type that finds a style/brand that fits well and buys up different colors and patterns to make shopping easy.

It's just a number, the sizes and weight. Luckily.

Have a good one yourself! Congrats on feeling better about shopping!
  • EstrangedTiger
    SW 277
    CW 218
    GW less than 200 and lean (thinking between 170-175)

Down 59, not too bad.

-1 since last weigh in

• pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    Good job!!
  • Eddy_65
    Eddy_65 Posts: 66 Member
    Seconded!
  • jadepearl
    Congratulations on your weight loss. OMG, I really wonder if all guys are similar as my hubby does the same thing - same brand, same cut and just get different colours. Have a wonderful weekend☺
  • EstrangedTiger
    pessxx wrote: »
    Good job!!

Thank you.
    Eddy_65 wrote: »
    Seconded!

😀
    Congratulations on your weight loss. OMG, I really wonder if all guys are similar as my hubby does the same thing - same brand, same cut and just get different colours. Have a wonderful weekend☺

From a small survey, most of my male friends hate shopping. So, if forced, they pull the mentioned stunt. 😂

• dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Way to go!!!! Very impressive!!!
  • jadepearl
    I too did the same stunt...bought 5 shirts (different colours) as it was only $2 each..lol
    Have a wonderful week ahead! :)
  • EstrangedTiger
    dkayingram wrote: »
    Way to go!!!! Very impressive!!!

Thank you.
    I too did the same stunt...bought 5 shirts (different colours) as it was only $2 each..lol
    Have a wonderful week ahead! :)

Hahahahahaha!

• EstrangedTiger
    Hello everyone, I have taken a break from the online world.

SW 277 Mid Feb 2018

CW 209 10/3

Total lost 68lbs.

The new routine has destroyed my plateau. Good times.

• jadepearl
    Welcome back :) OMG, 68lbs totally rock!
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Thank you for welcoming me back. Wow, you have been super super successful! So great that you found your groove. Fingers crossed that we can all do as well as you :)