Robert's Southern Fried OMAD Journey

Replies

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    edited June 2018
    That is my biggest weakness - cheese! And doubly so when there is wine or cocktails involved... Sounds like you have a solid plan though - have an awesome time!
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    tlblanks1 wrote: »
    The War College, I believe that is Carlisle Barracks. I live about 45 minutes from there. Enjoy your time in PA.

Yes. I’ve never visited the area, so I plan on seeing the beautiful countryside! Thank you.

• EstrangedTiger
    edited June 2018
    Part One:

Failed to weigh in 2+ weeks. Why? Not sure. So, I did so this morning before my weightlifting session at the YMCA...

Guess I’m afraid of becoming obsessed or discouraged. Make sense?

First, this body is shrinking. My pants are falling off and the old shirts are looking like tents. Yes, I’ve had to buy new underwear.
  • EstrangedTiger
    edited June 2018
    Part deux:

Long story short, I’m still at 228, but shrinking. No gain or loss.

The metabolic/anabolic advantages of fasting are real. Strength is noticeably improving, plus muscle tone.

Don’t give up, keep plugging away!
  • EstrangedTiger
    edited June 2018
    minigrrll wrote: »
    That is my biggest weakness - cheese! And doubly so when there is wine or cocktails involved... Sounds like you have a solid plan though - have an awesome time!

Thanks! Yeah, it helps to plan ahead mentally before a trip.

Keto plays into my weakness for cheese and hi fat foods. Might as well go with my strengths?

Read a study that claims people eat up to 20% more when drinking alcohol. Bummer.

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    That is AMAZING! Who cares about the scale when you're clearly getting stronger and losing inches??? That is fantastic!
    I think that is one of the reasons I rely on the scale too heavily -- women's clothes are so inconsistent in sizing across brands that is really hard for me to gage when I am losing inches until it's visibly apparent after several weeks. I think I have a pair of pants in storage that are too small, so I think I will use those for accountability while in CA since I won't be able to reliably weigh! I was considering giving up the scale altogether and going by clothes, so this summer will be a nice trial run.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    minigrrll wrote: »

Thanks! Yeah, it helps to plan ahead mentally before a trip.

Keto plays into my weakness for cheese and hi fat foods. Might as well go with my strengths?

Read a study that claims people eat up to 20% more when drinking alcohol. Bummer.

The 20% more food intake with drinking is a bummer since I am on the way to the beach but I am sure it is true! :smiley:

Great job on losing inches, I have come to realize it isn't all about the numbers on the scale, you can certainly tell when you are shrinking, regardless if the scale agrees or not!

• EstrangedTiger
    @brittdee88 Somehow I end shopping for the females in my life. Buying a size below and above is a good idea, indeed. Absolutely do not envy the preparations involved to go out, due to societal norms. Such is life...

@dkayingram Yeah, I was on the lake today. Two tequilas with lime and club soda may have happened at happy hour. Two dozen broiled oysters. Whoops!

Anyway, yeah, it's about the inches.

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    It's actually all about the CLOTHES!! Which I guess basically translates to "it's all about the inches"... :)
  • brittdee88
    Definitely about the inches! I pulled out those too-small pants from storage and they actually fit now! I have a bunch of clothes packed up that I thought were too small because I weigh more than I did when I bought them. I have missed out on so many of them, so I will happily wear them this summer. I did find 5 dresses and skirts that don't fit ranging from "I can close it but wouldn't feel comfortable wearing it" to "I can't get the zipper up," so I am going to use those to measure progress this summer. If I can get into the latter and feel comfortable in them, I will know I have both made great progress and can officially say I can wear EVERYTHING in my closet!!! That's my ultimate goal - weight be damned.
  • EstrangedTiger
    @minigrrll Yep!

@brittdee88 Good idea. Gonna try on my limited clothing collection today. Do have one shirt (acquired in Nassau) eyeballed. Bought it 8 years ago, with losing weight in mind. Now, to find the goal bottoms!

Sidenote: Appreciate everyone speaking so openly and frankly about their struggles in this community. It's brave!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Hi there! Really enjoyed reading your thread and looking forward to following your journey <3<3
  • EstrangedTiger
    Hi there! Really enjoyed reading your thread and looking forward to following your journey <3<3

Thank you and likewise. :)
  • brittdee88
    Here's to fitting into your Nassau shirt by the end of the summer! *cheers*
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    You're definitely losing and the scale isn't showing it because you're probably gaining muscle :)
  • EstrangedTiger
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Here's to fitting into your Nassau shirt by the end of the summer! *cheers*

I'll take a pic. Thank you.
    You're definitely losing and the scale isn't showing it because you're probably gaining muscle :)

I'm not supposed to gain muscle at 44 - stupid fasting, breaking all the rules!

• EstrangedTiger
    edited June 2018
    This has been a splurge day. 16:8 window.

9am: 6 eggs with hot sauce and old bay seasoning, 3 pieces of bacon. Roy Rogers is a cool chain, first time. Made a Thai Tea. 1/2 unsweetened tea, 1/2 coffee, 3 half/half minis and one Sweet n Low. Around 25 ounces.

1pm: Broiled Shrimp Salad (huge salad) with balsamic and 2 crab cakes.

Sitting in the airport, thinking of my options for home this afternoon. Walked one hour in the airport for exercise.

Shall I have an actual dessert tonight? Dum, dum. Stay tuned!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    I'll have to try old bay in my eggs! Sounds delish!
  • EstrangedTiger
    I'll have to try old bay in my eggs! Sounds delish!

Yes. They use Old Bay in Maryland on everything or at least have it available!

I like it here and across the border in PA. Nice people.

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    The scale is really only useful as a guide when you are majorly overweight. How you feel and how your clothes fit are much better indicators of progress, indeed.