Robert's Southern Fried OMAD Journey

Replies

• EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Yum yum! I would love some sushi right about now!

The long family holiday visit has been great. Should I secretly laugh as they disapprove of my sushi?

• DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    looks yummy!!
  • catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    WOW ! YOU OMAD LADIES AND GENTLEMEN ARE SO INSPIRING TO ME IN MY OMAD JOURNEY I ALSO LOVE TO GO THROUGH ALL THE THREADS AND SEE YOU ARE ALL GOING THROUGH THE SAME THINGS AS MYSELF AS WE TRAVEL THE OMAD LIFESTYLE! AWSOME!!! GOD RICHLY BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES AND GIVE YOU ALL THE DESIRES OF EACH HEART👍❤
  • EstrangedTiger
    edited July 2018
    WOW ! YOU OMAD LADIES AND GENTLEMEN ARE SO INSPIRING TO ME IN MY OMAD JOURNEY I ALSO LOVE TO GO THROUGH ALL THE THREADS AND SEE YOU ARE ALL GOING THROUGH THE SAME THINGS AS MYSELF AS WE TRAVEL THE OMAD LIFESTYLE! AWSOME!!! GOD RICHLY BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES AND GIVE YOU ALL THE DESIRES OF EACH HEART👍❤

Thank you.

On a personal note, something has been off since my round of traveling last month.

Too much booze, perhaps. My mind is refusing to allow my body to step on the scale, I really feel icky.

Missing workouts, using a larger eating window.

Life is sort of swallowing me - Mom has dementia and watching her decline has been insanely difficult. Also, I am responsible for my Aunt, which is in a nursing facility. Home, well, it’s barely tolerable.

This new lifestyle has been my rock, my solace. I feel my mind wandering towards the old ways and just need a little encouragement. There is no going back.

Have to get my ummmm, you know that - together. (Crass, I know)

• catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    I'LL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS🙏 I KNOW WHAT IT IS TO TAKE CARE OF SOMEONE YOU LOVE STRUGGLING WITH DEMENTIA .
  • EstrangedTiger
    I'LL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS🙏 I KNOW WHAT IT IS TO TAKE CARE OF SOMEONE YOU LOVE STRUGGLING WITH DEMENTIA .

Thank you.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Stress is such a hard thing to deal with when you are used to using food for solace. I sometimes feel freaking starving and when I actually think about why, it's because I am stressed (though boredom does it for me too).
  • zoopis94
    zoopis94 Posts: 31 Member

This new lifestyle has been my rock, my solace. I feel my mind wandering towards the old ways and just need a little encouragement. There is no going back.

One thing I like to do is open up a word document and write out the things that are causing me to stray from the plan I'm on. For example, I ate way too much last week when I really didn't need to, and I wrote down what changed in my life that was causing this.

One of those eating triggers was that I was coming home from work way earlier than usual and feeling demotivated because the company I work at is falling apart. This made me want to order food from ubereats right when I got home, which means I was probably gonna consume more calories than if I just cooked a meal myself.

To counter this I started coming home early, then immediately leave my apartment and go to a cafe and have some black coffee, hit the gym, take a walk while listening to new releases on spotify, buy the things I'm planning to cook, then I come home and cook and eat. This keeps my mind off work and makes me feel a bit more motivated.

Hope you overcome the difficulties!
  • EstrangedTiger
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Stress is such a hard thing to deal with when you are used to using food for solace. I sometimes feel freaking starving and when I actually think about why, it's because I am stressed (though boredom does it for me too).

Boredom, habit, stress, thrist and wanting a sugar induced coma!

• EstrangedTiger
    @zoopis94 Thanks. I’m going to use some of your ideas.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    I'm so sorry, Rob! I have been distracted with work, but I hope things are turning around.
  • EstrangedTiger
    I'm so sorry, Rob! I have been distracted with work, but I hope things are turning around.

All will be fine, thank you for responding.

The last two days have been solid.

• dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    That is great! Hope all is well!
  • EstrangedTiger
    edited July 2018
    dkayingram wrote: »
    That is great! Hope all is well!

I’m back on track. My monthly weigh in is tomorrow. Do know it will be disappointing, but a learning experience. Also, I’m resuming my food log and weekly weigh ins. Too much freedom for me is bad news!

Had rather learn a hard lesson with a 3-5lb gain, versus my past 30-40.

The OMAD is always whispering in my ear.

Hope you continue to recover well.

• brittdee88
    edited July 2018
    Too much freedom for me is bad news!

This really resonates with me, and I needed to read that today.
  • KatsNewYear
    KatsNewYear Posts: 47 Member
    That pizza looks so awesome! I will make this the next time the family buys pizza. I definitely would not miss the crust.
  • EstrangedTiger
    Too much freedom for me is bad news!

This really resonates with me, and I needed to read that today.

Well, I needed to read it again, as well!
  • Eddy_65
    Eddy_65 Posts: 66 Member

Thank you.

On a personal note, something has been off since my round of traveling last month.

Too much booze, perhaps. My mind is refusing to allow my body to step on the scale, I really feel icky.

Missing workouts, using a larger eating window.

Life is sort of swallowing me - Mom has dementia and watching her decline has been insanely difficult. Also, I am responsible for my Aunt, which is in a nursing facility. Home, well, it’s barely tolerable.

Have to get my ummmm, you know that - together. (Crass, I know)

Man, that's rough. I'm sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself, and the others entrusted in your care. They're fortunate to have you.

Good thing is, re.: weight, you have your system ingrained and won't allow yourself to stray too far off course. You know the consequences. Best wishes to you and your family.
  • brittdee88
    How did your weigh-in go?
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Hoping you had a great weigh in! Glad you are back on track.