New To EM2WL? Introduce Yourself Here!

Replies

• cspicer1954
    cspicer1954 Posts: 6 Member
    Hello My name is Cheryl I would like to eat better and lose maybe 30 ibs and I could use some support
    thanks
  • FilippaCarmelina
    FilippaCarmelina Posts: 1 Member
    Hey everyone! my name is Filippa. I am in my 6-7year of my lifestyle change journey, I began this change at 130kg and am now sitting at 67kg, I had worked down to 65kg and began my reversal dieting phase this year, it has been increasing scary to see the scale rise but im determined to work at eating healthy and living a fit lifestyle. I love weight training and the focus of this year has been to get stronger, this is a new stage of my life moving the focus from restrictive diets to eating a balance diet. Anyway looking forward to the comments and posts in this group just the confidence booster I need I think.
  • Jess2Success
    Jess2Success Posts: 12 Member
    Hi I’m new! Wold love some more friends to do this journey with. :)
  • janismcquinton
    janismcquinton Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, I am Janis, I live in TX, USA, by way of Seattle, by way of Los Angeles; I started my workout journey October 2017, my start weight was 205 and right now I am at 192.6. I have been very disciplined with working out, but not with eating. I work on a job that requires me to sit at my desk for at least 6 hours of the day. I want to get more disciplined with eating for healthy living, not just to lose the weight. I would like to find things to eat that I like but are good to me as well as for me, and a schedule that fits my lifestyle
  • BrendaTessier
    BrendaTessier Posts: 2 Member
    Hi I am new to the eat more to lose weight community. I am a 43 year old who has been told her whole life to eat less. I am interested to learn the ways of the eat more. Lol
  • dnhenriquez
    dnhenriquez Posts: 7 Member
    Hi I am Diane from New Hampshire
  • dnhenriquez
    dnhenriquez Posts: 7 Member
    I started at 169.5 weight and just about completed my jump start phase and went down to 164.0 I would like to get down to a healthy weight of 145
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Hi I am new to the eat more to lose weight community. I am a 43 year old who has been told her whole life to eat less. I am interested to learn the ways of the eat more. Lol

Well, the phrase is meant to be in context.

Eat more than bare minimum and still lose.

Basically eat as much as you can to still lose.

Eat bare minimum and body will adapt by slowing you down, thereby now burning less calories. So now not losing as fast.

Well, that same slower rate of loss could have been accomplished by eating more from a fulling burning metabolism and fully active life. Which has much better side effects besides making workouts a whole lot more effective.
  • carridanae
    carridanae Posts: 4 Member
    Hi! Just recently rejoined MFP after a couple years hiatus. Did keto this past year and while it worked amazing for the first 6 months (I lost 75 pounds), I got sick of it. It’s not sustainable for me. I’ve gained back about 20 of the 75 I lost and now I’ve lost about 10 of that 20
    I have a broken tibia bone currently but want to take the time to learn how to eat the right way and fix my metabolism.

I have a history of eating disorders but haven’t had serious problems with that in about 13 years. Just a lot of yo yo dieting. Now that I’m approaching 40, I want to do things right and make a lifestyle change. What I’ve read about EM2WL has been inspiring. I got the starter kit and am happy to be a part of the group!
  • bfield92
    bfield92 Posts: 47 Member
    Hi I’m Bree I’m 26 and I’m trying to either drop 60lbs or get into a size 8 n I’m a size 12 now so which ever comes first . I’m curvy but strong . I live in NY and I just want to feel comfortable in my skin .
  • Natasha201643
    Natasha201643 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi I'm Natasha and I am trying to reach a size 8. My journey started at a size 16/18, I am now a size 12/14. My issue is trying to maintain the weight I've already lost and continue to lose. I have horrid cravings, especially now that the holidays are starting and everyone is bringing in sweet treats! I hope that this group will help
  • pammielnik
    pammielnik Posts: 3 Member
    hello all
    Im Pam
    I'm 62 years old and have no idea what i'm doing. I live on my own and so far I have been figuring out this losing weight and eating right with exercise on my own. Been very daunting as I'm now type 2 diabetic also. I started last year at 90kg and now down to 77kg but my goal weight is 65kg. Im not doing to bad but some days its so hard as I've given up so many foods that Ive eaten all my life that im sure im in mourning lol. I try to keep the spirits up and sometimes I fall off the wagon but my hardest challenge is family. They want to feed me sugar food or high carb food. I tell them Im not eating that but they dont understand so Ive given up trying to explain.
  • georgelapenta76
    georgelapenta76 Posts: 43 Member
    Hello everyone. I honestly do not remember joining the group, but then again, I can't remember breakfast this morning either! :-) I started my journey in November 2012 after being medically retired from my career. I was up to 250 pounds as result of my injury. I was ashamed of who I was. I joined Beachbody and over the course of the next two years I lost 48 lbs! Then another Injury, at the gym this time, laid me up for six months. Needless to say it has been a roller coaster ride. BUT...I've met some amazing people along the way and am still highly motivated. So, hello from me...:+)
  • begone1
    begone1 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I'm Lauranne, I am 53 years old. I weigh 207 1bs. I have been attending this program called Core Life for about 4 weeks. I started weighing 211 lbs. My goals with the program is to be on a 1400 calorie diet. I have been trying to track my foods through My fitness pal. It's been helpful and challenging. My hardest thing is getting the 64 oz of water daily. I want to lose 40 lbs and it is also challenging trying to get the recommended calories, carbs, and protein in each day. So I'm hoping to get ideas for meals and motivation from the group
  • DayCarole
    DayCarole Posts: 1 Member
    Hi there everyone. Carole here. I have had a Fitbit since last year and I try to get my 10,000 steps in everyday but one. My problem is that I have a huge sweet tooth, so sugar is almost impossible for me to stop. I am working on a weight challenge to end in December and want to lose 25lbs. This is the start of week six and I have only lost 7 lbs.
  • heybales
    DayCarole wrote: »
    Hi there everyone. Carole here. I have had a Fitbit since last year and I try to get my 10,000 steps in everyday but one. My problem is that I have a huge sweet tooth, so sugar is almost impossible for me to stop. I am working on a weight challenge to end in December and want to lose 25lbs. This is the start of week six and I have only lost 7 lbs.

Yeah, time based weight loss goals are fraught with issues - number 1 is making bad decisions.
  • scrantong
    scrantong Posts: 9 Member
    is this still an active group ?
  • heybales
    Not much - many went to the facebook page for the business
  • tygrlily83
    tygrlily83 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! My name is Angel. I've been back on the weight loss train for about a month now and I want to seek out some ways to drop the lbs. I have been going to the gym 3-4 days a week (which I've never done before but am liking it so far) and am a bit discouraged. I have been teetering at gaining/losing the same 2-3 lbs every week for the last 4 weeks. I need to lose the most amount of fat in my midsection. Any advice is welcome! I have already seen a link I want to check out about resetting my metabolism. I think that is a big part of it. I'm also diabetic, so I need to get my carbs under control at the same time, which is hard for me since I LOVE pasta and rice! I look forward to checking out the information in this group!
  • heybales
    edited November 2018
    tygrlily83 wrote: »
    Hello! My name is Angel. I've been back on the weight loss train for about a month now and I want to seek out some ways to drop the lbs. I have been going to the gym 3-4 days a week (which I've never done before but am liking it so far) and am a bit discouraged. I have been teetering at gaining/losing the same 2-3 lbs every week for the last 4 weeks. I need to lose the most amount of fat in my midsection. Any advice is welcome! I have already seen a link I want to check out about resetting my metabolism. I think that is a big part of it. I'm also diabetic, so I need to get my carbs under control at the same time, which is hard for me since I LOVE pasta and rice! I look forward to checking out the information in this group!

First fat changes are not fast, gaining or losing.
    Water weight is.

Exercise has many reasons for water weight gain. Both cardio for heart and resistance training for body transformation.

For a woman anything less than 28 days is not meaningful change of weight, need longer to discern what may be happening.

Since your changes are within the 28 days, not meaningful yet.

You can't spot reduce, mid-section is usually first gained but last lost for fat, so measure many spots.

Take a reasonable deficit and weight loss rate, or body will get stressed out and retain water merely for that matter. That can mask the fat loss that is occurring, but also means body is stressed out which isn't good.

How much to lose to healthy weight?

Also, with disease and already stressed body - reasonable rate of loss for you is less than someone without issues.

Also need to weigh food for accuracy, measuring volume can go very wrong for carbs, especially if fat is involved that you need - but not too much of it.