TEAM: Gutbusters (October)

Options

Replies

• inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Be well, @inshapeCK! I hope that your dad is doing bettter. I can't imagine the shock and worry you must have felt when whatever happened happened! Here's wishing peace and health your way and your dad's way

@LesIckaBod

I am feeling exhausted. Been with my dad for 4 days monitoring him. Today he feel asleep in his recliner listening to music so I had to stand and watch him to make sure he was breathing for my own peace of mind. What happened this week was we walking/hiking (which is normal for him as he does it regularly and is very active) and all of a sudden I saw him dropping to to ground. Passed out, legs buckled, feel backwards and when I ran to him his eyes were open but he wasn't conscious but I didn't know that at the time but he remembers nothing and his eyes were wide and pupils/irises up higher than normal like they were going to roll into the back of his head and he looked like he was in utter distress but obviously couldn't tell me what was happening and I was screaming for help and there was no one around even though we had passed a good number of people during our walk. So thankful that after some time he came through. Still in the testing process to find out what is wrong as they know something is wrong based on what happened and some abnormalities in some tests but need to wait for more testing.

Since then I haven't been exercising as I have been with him constantly and he has to take it easy.
    I am not eating as well as other times when I am working on healthy eating but I am not having mega pig outs either which is good.

• Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    October 7
    Exercise. Yes
    Calories. No
    Tracked. Yes
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Lilmamawoz wrote: »
    I am not 100% sure how I will finish this challenge. I had to go to the ER this morning about my neck and severe pain and I'm concerned it feels the same right before I had surgery last last time. I'm pretty incapacitated at this time. I felt really good yesterday and did a lot of things around the house but I must have ever done it. My husband and I tried to go for a walk last night and I couldn't even make it up the hill. Woke up at 4:30 this morning to go to the bathroom and just about hit the floor and pain my husband told me right to the ER. I'm so disgusted.

@Lilmamawoz It sounds like you're going through a really tough time. Whether you stay with this challenge or not is up to you, and only you can decide whether you are able -- and want - to continue. But I hope you do! You might not be able to do the exercise you wish you could, but it's still possible to stay on track with your eating choices. Your weight loss goals might have to be revised, but really, it's the process goals that make the long-term difference: remembering to track your calorie consumption, focusing on the combination of macros that works for you, being consistent over time.

Good luck!!
  • LesIckaBod
    edited October 2018
    Options
    inshapeCK wrote: »
    Be well, @inshapeCK! I hope that your dad is doing bettter. I can't imagine the shock and worry you must have felt when whatever happened happened! Here's wishing peace and health your way and your dad's way

@LesIckaBod

I am feeling exhausted. Been with my dad for 4 days monitoring him. Today he feel asleep in his recliner listening to music so I had to stand and watch him to make sure he was breathing for my own peace of mind. What happened this week was we walking/hiking (which is normal for him as he does it regularly and is very active) and all of a sudden I saw him dropping to to ground. Passed out, legs buckled, feel backwards and when I ran to him his eyes were open but he wasn't conscious but I didn't know that at the time but he remembers nothing and his eyes were wide and pupils/irises up higher than normal like they were going to roll into the back of his head and he looked like he was in utter distress but obviously couldn't tell me what was happening and I was screaming for help and there was no one around even though we had passed a good number of people during our walk. So thankful that after some time he came through. Still in the testing process to find out what is wrong as they know something is wrong based on what happened and some abnormalities in some tests but need to wait for more testing.

Since then I haven't been exercising as I have been with him constantly and he has to take it easy.
    I am not eating as well as other times when I am working on healthy eating but I am not having mega pig outs either which is good.

@inshapeCK You've been through a nightmare. The blessing here is that your dad is still with you, but I can only imagine that you're never feeling quite safe about that either, and I understand about watching over him while he sleeps. Do you have a support system of friends to share some of your worries with? I know it's hard to share with family, because they have the same worries.

You can always keep sharing with us here. But if you need additional help for your mental or emotional well-being, not to mention your physical health, please get that help. If you need any ideas about resources, feel free to message me and I'll do my best to give some ideas.
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    We've entered October, Week 2! Happy Weigh-Ins today for:

@janetschaferbeck
    @WishfulThinning18
  • LesIckaBod
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Oct 5
    Exercise: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

Oct 6
    Calories: No
    Tracked: Not yet

So, weekends are clearly my problem right now. I made sure to wake up early Saturday and get in 30 minutes on the treadmill. It was my hasfit off-day, and I try to at least walk or jog on those days to get a little activity. After that, we were in the car a lot of the day on errands, and I forgot to pack food for myself, and then I was a little over-enthusiastic about the chips and salsa at the mexican restaurant we had early dinner at.

I feel like I can't rely on myself to make the best choices at restaurants and determine how to manipulate the menu to meet my goals yet. I think the best strategy for me right now is to pack a small cooler with high-protein items for myself so that I can "pre-game" restaurant stops with the family, and then at the restaurant only have something very light that allows me to be social with the family without overdoing the calories.

And longer term, I think we need to figure out why we feel the urge to get away from home so much on the weekends, and why we drive so far. I'm in a kind of rural area, so yes, some driving is required to do things that you want to do in person, and the fact is, I don't want to use options like Amazon and grocery delivery because I like going away and doing it myself. I don't want it all delivered to me. Why don't I want to spend more time at home?
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Username: emmclean
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 185.2
    Todays Weight: 186.6

Not sure why the gain, but wasn't expecting to see a loss just yet. Still in maintenance mode but made it out for a run yesterday so hoping to kick start a loss again soon!
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    grebber1 wrote: »
    No standing desk but I'm a machinist so I stand all day anyways. I'm assuming that's why my legs are always so sore. I thought dropping the weight would fix it but it hasn't. It had however pretty much taken care of my knees which use to hurt.
    Thinking about taking up some yoga a few nights a week to help stretch. Anyone here do yoga? Results? Looking to get more flexible and hopefully lesson the muscle soreness with yoga. Specially my legs.

@grebber1 if you are interested in trying yoga at home vs going to a studio, I highly recommend "Yoga with Adriene" on YouTube. She has lots of options. I use yoga to keep my hip flexors open before I run and then I also do yoga stretches after to manage any soreness.I would also recommend getting a foam roller, which will really help with the soreness in your legs.

I'll try that out. I also like beach body workouts but currently don't do them
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    October 7
    Exercised?: Yes (15km morning - tour of palace)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Visited the Royal palace and walked around Madrid city, but did not go to the Museo de Prado as it was getting past 2:00pm and I still had some work to complete (I know it is Sunday, but things need to be complete before I fly out Thursday).

Palace was very pretty (and interesting). No photos from inside as it was requested not to take them. I have a couple of panoramas from the courtyard though. I have the information app on my phone (and iPad) and it had better photos that I could have taken anyway (and MUCH more information). Toured both the palace and the armoury.

Very late now and early morning, so posting some of my photos from Madrid will have to wait.

Daily Strength challenge

"Challenge for October 07 is squats (no weight - air squat - http://www.12minuteathlete.com/how-to-do-a-proper-air-squat/).
    You can do assisted squats (using a table or bench top to take weight off the knees if it is too much)."

3 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 60% of the number you did in the first set (half, then another 10%), wait 2 mins
    • Third set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)
  • 90kgToNewMe
    90kgToNewMe Posts: 52 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    90kgtoNewMe
    Weigh in week 2
    Weigh day Monday
    Pw 161.4
    Cw 161.6

Not what I wanted, but it could have been worse. The two glasses of wine and caramel slice I had last night probably didn't help either. It's Monday (in Australia) so new beginnings and I'm hoping for a loss this week.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options

October 7
    Exercised?: Yes (60min walk)
    The scales haven't budged so I am going to measure my food more carefully today
  • 90kgToNewMe
    90kgToNewMe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    cdqtducks wrote: »
    Hello Everyone!

I'm Kim, 32 from Minnesota! I am married and just gave birth to a stillborn 3 months ago.

I lost all the baby weight and then started eating again, gaining 10 back. I want to lose 20 or more pounds before we get pregnant again. My ultimate goal would be down 101 pounds but considering my husband and I want to get pregnant again, I am just hoping to lose a little weight first!

I just saw a nutritionist and got my calories/macros in line for myself. I WILL LOSE WEIGHT!!

Thanks for all the motivation or help in this group. I'll need it!

You will lose it!

Much love and luck.

• LesIckaBod
    edited October 2018
    Options
    emmclean wrote: »
    Username: emmclean
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 185.2
    Todays Weight: 186.6

Not sure why the gain, but wasn't expecting to see a loss just yet. Still in maintenance mode but made it out for a run yesterday so hoping to kick start a loss again soon!

@emmclean You and me both have to kick start a loss!

The spreadsheet has you down for 184.6 from the last week of Sept. I don't think it matters, since the Week 1 results have already been posted, but I figured I'd mention it.
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Username: WishfulThinning18
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Week's weight: 298.8
    Todays Weight: 294.0

@WishfulThinning18 Wow! Way to go! You're about to blow away the 290s!
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    October 7
    Exercised?: Yes (15km morning - tour of palace)

Visited the Royal palace and walked around Madrid city, but did not go to the Museo de Prado as it was getting past 2:00pm and I still had some work to complete (I know it is Sunday, but things need to be complete before I fly out Thursday).

Palace was very pretty (and interesting). No photos from inside as it was requested not to take them. I have a couple of panoramas from the courtyard though. I have the information app on my phone (and iPad) and it had better photos that I could have taken anyway (and MUCH more information). Toured both the palace and the armoury.

Very late now and early morning, so posting some of my photos from Madrid will have to wait.

@craigo3154 Can't wait to see the pics - it's fun to get share this travel vicariously! I've never been to Madrid, but I've always wanted to. Are there any Spanish or particularly-Madrid-style dishes that you've been able to enjoy on your travels? How have weight loss and being in maintenance affected your ability to enjoy local foods, if at all?
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    October 7
    Calories: No
    Tracked: Yes

Not what I wanted for myself today. The workout was good, and I spent most of the day standing while working at home. Luckily, the little dudes were pretty content to play inside while listening to stories or else ran outside and found other kids to play with - in and out the whole day, so a wonderful Sunday in that regard.

I was fine for food until dinner. I had a plan for myself, but asked the husband to cook for himself and the dudes, and then they went to grocery store and brought home a bunch of junk food. I didn't gorge myself, but I ate some, and just having some was more than I should have had.

Is this a return of my old nemesis, self-sabotage? I don't think so, but I'm going to keep a careful eye on this. Back to regular schedule tomorrow, and I'm pulling chicken out of the freezer for dinner tomorrow. Can't have another late trip to the grocery store interfering with my plans!
  • WishfulThinning18
    WishfulThinning18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    Username: WishfulThinning18
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Week's weight: 298.8
    Todays Weight: 294.0

@WishfulThinning18 Wow! Way to go! You're about to blow away the 290s!

I sure hope so!! Getting nervous. 289 has been the lowest I’ve been in YEARS. It’s also the point where I would get to before I’d just give up and gain it all back. I have two major milestone coming up. 289 will be the lowest weight... and then 279 will be less than 100lbs to go and also 50 lbs loss... and means I’d only have to lose 50 lbs only two more times. Yikes
  • Mariamamjad
    Mariamamjad Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Weigh in week: 2
    Username: mariamamjad
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous weight: 181.6
    Current weight: 181.6

I'm happy with that depending it's that time of month
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options