Options
    10/13 today
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »
    SwimMighty wrote: »
    @nebslp Thanks, I'm crossing fingers but prepping a bunch of questions at the same time. 😁🤔 Wishing you a lifetime of spin-free days! And thanks for the quote from James Clear. It makes one think...why does this habit stick around? Why am i keeping it? What's it doing for me?

@SwimMighty thank you..... those are great questions. Without awareness we’re just “spinning” our wheels😏

These are great questions, thanks, @SwimMighty. All habits give us something, the reward, or else they would not be repeated. But figuring out the reward can be tricky.

I just started reading James Clear’s book, Atomic Habits. He was the one who got me started thinking about habits. Second only to my parents, I’ve learned more from James Clear about living a full, productive, happy life than anyone else. He offers a free weekly newsletter if you’re interested. I’m giving the book as Christmas presents.
  • themedalist
    Options
    10/13 today

@nebslp, you are doing GREAT!
  • Heidijens123
    Heidijens123 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I didn't make it to class Mon or Tues as my mom passed away Monday and I was at her bedside all weekend and I just needed time Tuesday. But I made it to class yesterday and today. It was a much needed distraction.
    I was doing awesome on my gyms challenge and the website crashed. :(
  • SwimMighty
    SwimMighty Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I didn't make it to class Mon or Tues as my mom passed away Monday and I was at her bedside all weekend and I just needed time Tuesday. But I made it to class yesterday and today. It was a much needed distraction.

My condolences about your mom. I pray she is resting in peace, and that you find comfort at this time. Sending you healing energy. 💜💜
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    This week did not work for me. I stopped walking because of pain on one foot and started using the elliptical, at least 40 to 50 minutes per day. Once I am done I am so tired all I want do is sit. I have not reached the 10,000 step goal this week but I know I am moving and being active is not as much as I would like to.

Keep up the good work everyone.
  • mikaila96
    mikaila96 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Well the hitting the gym when I’m on campus thing has been a total bust so far because the previously mentioned aggravated hip injury upgrades to full blown back spasms for a week. Feeling somewhat better now, but thinking I’ll just stick to daily yoga until I’m back to baseline pain!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,978 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry for your loss! Losing a parent is so hard. Do take the time you need. Distractions are good too.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,978 Member
    Options
    mikaila96 wrote: »
    Well the hitting the gym when I’m on campus thing has been a total bust so far because the previously mentioned aggravated hip injury upgrades to full blown back spasms for a week. Feeling somewhat better now, but thinking I’ll just stick to daily yoga until I’m back to baseline pain!

A hip injury is tough since that is your drive train. Yoga is hard on my hips, but that is simply because I need to improve my flexibility.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    @Heidijens123 I’m sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
  • nebslp
    Options
    10/18: 9/13 hours
    10/19: 6/13 (first miss in 19 days😕)
    10/20: 12/13 days

I was feeling blue for the past couple of days and my eating was out of control. Lots of changes in routine this week and I need to handle that better in the future. I had a 10+ hour day yesterday babysitting but was SO tired that playing Barbies and school wasn’t even fun and I couldn’t force myself to go outside and play basketball. I even struggled with gratefulness for the past couple of days! It was bad!! After spending a lot of time in my sewing room today doing things that I love (planning, sewing, listening to a book, and studying), my spirits had lifted. I had also gotten away from intermittent fasting last week and I know that was a contributing factor to my blah feeling. Lifestyle makes a huge difference in my attitude. Today I’m grateful that I recognize that.

• themedalist
    Options

@Heidijens123, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I’m glad that your gym class provided a much needed distraction.

I’m sure they will get your gym’s challenge website sorted out soon and you will get full credit for the many classes you’ve attended. The staff can see the hard work you are putting in.
  • themedalist
    Options
    This week did not work for me. I stopped walking because of pain on one foot and started using the elliptical, at least 40 to 50 minutes per day. Once I am done I am so tired all I want do is sit. I have not reached the 10,000 step goal this week but I know I am moving and being active is not as much as I would like to.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Good job listening to your body, @prgirl39mfp. No sense trying to work through pain. But I’m glad the elliptical is a good stand in for you. I hope your foot is better soon.
  • themedalist
    Options
    mikaila96 wrote: »

I think this makes a lot of sense @mikaila96. Having a painful hip and back spasms makes it hard to exercise and you don’t want to get injured further. Daily yoga is a great activity!
  • themedalist
    Options

I was feeling blue for the past couple of days and my eating was out of control. Lots of changes in routine this week and I need to handle that better in the future. I had a 10+ hour day yesterday babysitting but was SO tired that playing Barbies and school wasn’t even fun and I couldn’t force myself to go outside and play basketball. I even struggled with gratefulness for the past couple of days! It was bad!! After spending a lot of time in my sewing room today doing things that I love (planning, sewing, listening to a book, and studying), my spirits had lifted. I had also gotten away from intermittent fasting last week and I know that was a contributing factor to my blah feeling. Lifestyle makes a huge difference in my attitude. Today I’m grateful that I recognize that.

Oh, @nebslp, I’m sorry this has been a tough week for you. Changing routines is very disruptive, and long babysitting sessions are really taxing. But you hit on something I think is really key: the importance of having a happy place...someplace we can go or something we do that gives us great joy and reconnects us with who we are. Clearly, your sewing room is your happy place and it’s no surprise that spending some time there lifted your spirits. I think a daily visit to our happy place is essential for well being. No matter what’s going on in your life or what else you feel you must do, take 15-20 minutes and do something that renews you. It’s a great coping mechanism. It’s 1% of your day that will make the other 99% so much better!
  • nebslp
    Options

Oh, @nebslp, I’m sorry this has been a tough week for you. Changing routines is very disruptive, and long babysitting sessions are really taxing. But you hit on something I think is really key: the importance of having a happy place...someplace we can go or something we do that gives us great joy and reconnects us with who we are. Clearly, your sewing room is your happy place and it’s no surprise that spending some time there lifted your spirits. I think a daily visit to our happy place is essential for well being. <b> No matter what’s going on in your life or what else you feel you must do, take 15-20 minutes and do something that renews you. It’s a great coping mechanism. It’s 1% of your day that will make the other 99% so much better!
    <b>

@themedalist You are so right about the importance of having and USING that happy place every day. I just realized that going up to plan my day in the morning or do some work upstairs has become a habit and when I don't do it, it disrupts my mood. The first time I did the Tiny Habits program, going upstairs and standing in my room for 1 minute was my goal. That was a year ago and I guess it stuck! Thank you😍
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I did well this week with my food logging & it continues to be helpful. Wanted to add in 3x per week running but was way too busy. Will try again this week & need to change my thinking that I will run after all the busy stuff is done. It should be top of the list!

@Heidijens123 - Am very sorry for your loss. Take care
  • nebslp
    Options
    9/13 hours.