Pregnancy

Replies

• WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    @VeryKatie I'm glad to read that your pregnancy is going well so far! I really hope you're able to enjoy your stress leave and get all the naps and just being generally happier! It really sounds like it's just what you need. Has anyone near you experienced pre-term labor (friends, family) and that's why it may be on your mind? Is it something maybe you could speak with your doctor about, to ease your mind a bit? Sometimes a little reassurance goes a long way. <3
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    I have an old friend from elementary school who gave birth at the 6 month mark. Her son is now doing great. But I'm not sure where the thought really came from, I haven't seen her in a long time. I did read an article that said it's more likely if you're sleep deprived too. So it's probably just my brain going there. I'll probably mention it to my midwife.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    The article is probably the culprit. Hopefully in just a few days you won't be so sleep deprived! I think mentioning it to your midwife can't hurt.

Is Keith still fighting sleep?
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Hi all.... @VeryKatie, good luck with your last few days of work?
    Isn’t it normal to worry about things like that in pregnancy? I know I worried a whole lot about all sorts of things when pregnant with my now 12yr old. I would definitely mention it to your midwife though, for peace of mind.
    I’m not using ovulation kits... I’m just crossing my fingers and hoping. BD happens every second day during my fertile window anyway- on my Drs recommendation, and my blood tests will tell me if I’ve ovulated. My first is on Friday, so fingers are crossed... although IF I’ve conceived this cycle, I would only be like 2 weeks along now lol, so I feel like the blood test could be too early? I have another one next week too- they will be a regular weekly thing until I get a positive, or my period- whichever comes first!!!

Hope I’ve conceived, I’m feeling like I ovulated last week, if the spotting and light pinches were an indication! They have since gone, so......
  • VeryKatie
    @WifiresGettingFit He is still fighting sleep but it's getting a lot better. He fought bedtime yesterday until I told him "This is the last time I'm coming back up to give you back your soos, so don't throw it out of the crib again"... which he did... but apparently he CAN fall asleep without it (thank you daycare!)... I think it's time to phase the soother out. He has been sleeping through the night a lot better lately, but Chris has also started putting the monitor in his nightstand drawer so we can't see the light or hear the little noises. So at the very least, Keith is not screaming at night any more. I feel like it actually might be passing now... I'm probably jinxing it. Chris and I are getting better at going to bed at 9 pm too, which is helping. He still isn't really eating or drinking well... so maybe still waiting for a molar? Next week, when I'm off work I'm going to start working on the eating (i.e. cooking nicer meals). Pediasure for now is helping with fluids.

@Leannep2201 Thanks! I'm so glad I have only 3 days left. I told my coworkers yesterday... and am now wishing I had waited till Friday. I'm worried one of them is going to tip off my boss, who I wasn't going to email until 5pm on Friday (he's 50% of the issue, not that my coworker knows that). I'm worried if he is told sooner he is going to call me a million times and if I don't answer that he will come into the office on his vacation to bug me.

I suppose it is normal to worry about things during pregnancy. It's funny I'm worrying about a different set of things for this pregnancy than I did for my last one.

I'm wishing you the bestest blood tests ever!!! I think you are right that you ovulated. The signs all point to it :)
  • WifiresGettingFit
    @VeryKatie I'm glad to hear it's getting better. Hopefully it is the sign that the sleep regression is passing. I'm sorry to hear that he still isn't eating or drinking well. Hopefully things will improve soon! =)

• Leannep2201
    Wow, @VeryKatie, it sounds like things are pretty full on!
    I remember when my (now 12yr old) daughter went through a rough patch sleep-wise. Luckily it didn’t last very long.... hopefully this unsettled stage passes quickly for you, too!
    Not eating and drinking well just adds an extra layer of challenge... good luck!
  • VeryKatie
    Turns out my manager notified my boss yesterday that I'm done after Friday. I'm now really hoping he doesn't phone me or come into work on his vacation just to micromanage me. I have a feeling something may have showed on my face (concern?) when my manager told me because he followed up with "I didn't think it would be a big deal since you were leaving in January anyway...". But he doesn't know all the issues I've had with my boss...
  • WifiresGettingFit
    I really hope your boss just leaves you the hell alone.
    I hope tomorrow goes fast for you.
  • Leannep2201
    Oh dear.... good luck, @VeryKatie! Crossing fingers for you....

First blood test this morning, so I’m crossing my fingers for me, too.... keep thinking I have symptoms, but the rational side of me says it’s too early and I’m just feeling like this because I really WANT to be pregnant.
  • VeryKatie
    Good luck @Leannep2201!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    @Leannep2201 fingers crossed for you!
  • Leannep2201
    @VeryKatie how did the last day of work go? Hope the boss stayed away!!!
  • VeryKatie
    edited November 2018
    @Leannep2201 the last day was productive, I got done what I felt I needed to do. Though I did forget to send one email and do my timesheet properly. I popped in on Saturday to send that email. Discovered I couldnt get my timesheet (oh well, I had pre filled it but it was a bit off) and I picked up my box of stuff that I didnt want to bus home with on Friday.

And boss stayed away and didnt call me! So yay. Now I dont have to worry since I will never feel obligated to answer his number on my personal phone. And my counselor said if he does phone or email that i should tell HR right away. Not that HR will doing anything *sigh*.
  • Leannep2201
    @VeryKatie - I’m glad that the last day at work went well.... yay, no more creepy boss!!! I hope he leaves you alone from now on.

I got my blood test results, and I did ovulate, yay!!! So now I have to wait... this is so hard, I just want to know now!!!
    I’ve had some light cramping and very light spotting, which I figure is either a sign of implantation or my period coming on. I’ve also had some nausea for the past two days, but I’m still telling myself that it’s too early for nausea and it’s all in my mind.

Going to drive myself crazy at this rate!!!
  • MsSGriff1
    MsSGriff1 Posts: 9 Member
    I'm 6 Weeks +1. I was doing weight watchers, and I lost about seven lbs in 3 weeks, but weight watchers won't let you be in the program if your pregnant...so I decided to drop out. I haven't been eating super healthy in the past week. I'm really struggling with nausea and insomnia. I know I need to get back to eating healthier. It's just that I don't have as much energy, so I'm struggling. I would like to continue to lose weight as I am boarder line obese, and I know it will be better for the baby if I lose. I'm going to start tomorrow, because I have left over Mexican food and left over chocolate pecan pie to eat for lunch. I may start with dinner tonight. (: Overall, I'm going to shift to a healthy eating focus and not stress about the numbers on the scale. I have my first OBGYN check up in less than 2 weeks.

I will say that I think the weight watchers helped me to conceive. The two things I was doing was eating super healthy, and I stopped obsessing. As soon as I stopped obsessing, we conceived. Baby dust to all.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Back on here! Have two beautiful children. Husband says we can have another next year. I'm planning to try around August, my youngest will be two years two months then. Have three kg to lose. Hard to exercise in the heat, our first summer in the tropics, so it's mostly down to healthy eating
  • WifiresGettingFit
    @MsSGriff1 Congratulations on the baby! I would wait until you speak with your doctor before continuing to actively lose weight.

@12Sarah2015 Welcome back!
  • PregoPenguin
    PregoPenguin Posts: 6 Member
    Hi everyone. First time being pregnant and still early but hoping to lose some weight with the help of my doctor so i don't gain too much. 👋
  • WifiresGettingFit
    @PregoPenguin Welcome! Congratulations on the baby!