• i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Nope
    Calories: Nope
    Exercise:And Nope

Comments: Back at it tomorrow, super sore today after my Meet Saturday, ate literally all the things I have been wanting to eat for like the last 5 months, and back at it tomorrow.

Progress Pics if anyone's interested, these have been randomly taken over the last 14 months. Really need to get better at taking them at regular intervals.
    nq8hk4p6cotl.jpg

I really do encourage everyone to take the pics, even if you don't look at them, one day you will want to sift through them and see where you've been, believe me, that's what I did today and I can't believe the difference, it was worth it to take those pics.

Congrats--- my goodness Ashley! You have done so well... a very nice transformation. How did you do on Saturday?!! (Did I miss that post??)
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Gjaholy33

Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise No
    Goals/Comments:

Hey Slimsons, so I know it's been a week since I last check in and apologize been enjoying time with family but even though they have been bringing Dunkin donuts because my niece works there, every night I have maintain and not strayed from my eating plan. Although today I'm having my mom make me some keto friendly blueberry walnut and chocolate chip-nut butter walnut muffins and my sister brought me some WHISPS (cheese chips) so now besides my trailmix of nuts and dark chocolate I'll have other low carb snacks.
    MY SUBSTITUTES:
    instead of cake 》 my muffin
    Instead of chips 》cheese chips (Whisps)
    Instead of ice cream 》 NO SUGAR ADDED NON DAIRY ICE CREAM (have to be careful only 3 spoons a serving)

So 3-fold question for the team: Are you having trouble sustaining from certain foods around family and friends? If so, have you tried substituting some of your favorite foods on this journey like I am? If so what are they?

I am struggling this week--- I have family staying here this week and lots of food, plus a snow storm on the way here tomorrow means no gym time. I depend on my big burns this time of year so I can bank calories in order to have my day to indulge. I really need to learn to do what you are doing and make some substitutions so I won't gain weight. It's definitely the toughest time of year for me, with birthday celebrations and being the hostess to everyone makes serving and being around the foods I should not eat constantly hard to avoid.

You really seem to have it under control---that is mega hard to do--congrats on great planning and strategy---very inspiring!!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Daily post: Monday, November 19

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Yes, incline walk on the treadmill
  • Jaydoh120
    Jaydoh120 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Jaydoh120 wrote: »
    Monday Weigh-in

Username : jaydoh120
    Week : November Week 3
    PW : 242.5
    CW : 240.3

Not a great week. I do random carboloading during pms and went over my kilojoule allowance 3 times. Now the dreaded Aunt's visit. Next week I WILL do better!

This look great to me but only you know your true self so all I can say is keep on progressing!

Aw, thanks! I meant it was not a great week for food choices but I am always hapoy when the numbers on the scale go down rather than up 😊
  • hollypopp10
    hollypopp10 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Monday
    Track: yes
    Calories: i rocked jt today!
    Exercise: 84 minutes total: 20 on the elliptical and 64 on the treadmill
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Daily post: Monday

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: No

Off work too late to workout. Trying again tomorrow.
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily post (Monday)
    Track: no
    Calories: I was good until my ride home. I bought some candy the other day and couldn't stop stuffing my face!
    Exercise: 30 minutes elliptical
  • kazunomiya
    kazunomiya Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday/ November 19)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, walk 30 minutes
    Goals/Day/Comments: I am doing better with my cravings and portion control. I made a healthy Korean stew called doenjang jjigae that has spinach, tuna, zucchini, onion and potatoes in it for dinner. The new medication seems to be working. The water weight is coming off more and more. So happy.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday all!

I did some prelogging as I am out the door before dinner.

Daily stats:
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: rest day before my next 3 days of extreme “Turkey Burn” SoulCycle challenges.

Going to bring it with heavier weights and lots of water intake. Hoping for at least a lb off by my Saturday weigh in! No one is going to get me with the side dishes and desserts this Thanksgiving!! I was 138.8 for last PW weigh in — working on 137.Anything for next weigh in!
  • Safari_Gal
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Comments: Back at it tomorrow, super sore today after my Meet Saturday, ate literally all the things I have been wanting to eat for like the last 5 months, and back at it tomorrow.

Progress Pics if anyone's interested, these have been randomly taken over the last 14 months. Really need to get better at taking them at regular intervals.
    nq8hk4p6cotl.jpg

I really do encourage everyone to take the pics, even if you don't look at them, one day you will want to sift through them and see where you've been, believe me, that's what I did today and I can't believe the difference, it was worth it to take those pics.

Ashley- awesoooooome!!! 🙌🏻🙌🏻
  • Safari_Gal
    Options
    Gjaholy33

Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise No
    Goals/Comments:

Hey Slimsons, so I know it's been a week since I last check in and apologize been enjoying time with family but even though they have been bringing Dunkin donuts because my niece works there, every night I have maintain and not strayed from my eating plan. Although today I'm having my mom make me some keto friendly blueberry walnut and chocolate chip-nut butter walnut muffins and my sister brought me some WHISPS (cheese chips) so now besides my trailmix of nuts and dark chocolate I'll have other low carb snacks.
    MY SUBSTITUTES:
    instead of cake 》 my muffin
    Instead of chips 》cheese chips (Whisps)
    Instead of ice cream 》 NO SUGAR ADDED NON DAIRY ICE CREAM (have to be careful only 3 spoons a serving)

So 3-fold question for the team: Are you having trouble sustaining from certain foods around family and friends? If so, have you tried substituting some of your favorite foods on this journey like I am? If so what are they?

@gjaholy33 nah - the only dish I’d be weak over is my Moms homemade stuffing and she isn’t making this year. So I’m making low carb stuffing and they better like it lol

Instead of pies - I’m bringing whipped cream and berries for the family. Im bringing one for me made with stevia and one for them with raw sugar because they don’t like sugar substitute. Sigh.
    Not doing potatoes either - they don’t know it yet but they are getting whipped cauliflower and squash pilaf. :)

I guess I’ll miss vino— I’m going to have some on my birthday though the week after Thanksgiving— so I’m holding out for that.

Great inspiration!! I’ll be with ya not having sugar or lots of bread!

Ps - I found a stuffing recipe made from almond flour and coconut flour- we shall find out how it is!
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Daily post: Monday
    Calories: Under.
    Exercise: Yes, a really good workout at the gym. I'm finally figuring out a good workout routine. Took some trial and error and a lot of research.

Comments: Good day yesterday. Will be a good one today as well. Already went to the gym. Have been going earlier in my day and it's SO nice to have it out of the way and the day free. Wasn't able to weigh myself early this morning so I'll do that tomorrow so that kind of motivates me to do well today so that I see a loss hopefully.
  • ssssanaaaa
    Options
    Gjaholy33

I definitely struggle with it! One big one for me is rice. It's a staple in my family's diet and I struggled a lot with it. I substitute it with cauliflower rice and season it the same way and it satisfies the craving. Also, some foods just have unnecessary calories. Like certain foods just have unnecessary amounts of oil which is really dense in calories so I'll just make the same thing with more calorie friendly ingredients and just make the recipe more simply.
  • melbe159
    melbe159 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Daily post tue

Track yes
    Calories no 🙄
    Exercise just a fast dog walk
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »

Congrats--- my goodness Ashley! You have done so well... a very nice transformation. How did you do on Saturday?!! (Did I miss that post??)

@SLIMn2016 I met my goals for Saturday and I came in 3rd in my weight class. I didn't make all of my lifts, but I did nail my openers and place 3rd, and that's what I set out to do. I was trying to learn more than be super competitive. It was my 1st Meet and I think the surroundings sort of got to me a bit on a couple of my lifts and I made technical errors. Overall, I'm very happy with it, I did what I set out to do and that was the important thing. I didn't bomb out and I took 3rd so I'll take it. Now I'm looking forward to the future and thinking about some goals for the next one, but I'm allowing some extra time to work out my problem areas so maybe April or May.

That is wonderful---to place at all in your first meet is pretty fantastic---you should be very proud. That is an intimidating surrounding for sure. Congrats again--- so proud of you for showing up, working hard and placing!! :)
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    Options
    Daily post: Tuesday, November 20

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Yes, stair climber & arc trainer (and obsessively cleaned my home :D:# )
  • ssssanaaaa
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

nq8hk4p6cotl.jpg

!! You look so good!! I have a few pictures from my higher weights and although I don't feel like I've made an immense amount of progress yet, I can see a huge difference. So I completely agree with that!
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post November 20

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, Walked 5000 steps at work + 10 minutes on the exercise bike when I got home.

Slowly but surely my right foot is not hurting like it did prior to the weight loss. I no longer even wear a compression sleeve .....just a small support band.
This discussion has been closed.