Replies

• Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Daily post: Tuesday

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes

Completed two hours of cleaning and early prep for Thanksgiving. Also, me and my husband danced and sung with our kiddos practicing Christmas songs for the school program, which was fun! Now I'm exhausted, off to bed.
  • kathleenford04
    kathleenford04 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday

Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 30 min walking

I’ve been staying on track this week really well but I haven’t seen that reflected in the scale yet, so it’s frustrating. My pants feel a little looser though. I can see a difference in my legs and tummy...just wish the scale would follow! I know it’s just a number, but I never see much fluctuation in my weight, so it’s hard not to believe I’m doing something wrong! Last week the same thing happened and then I saw the number go down at the very end of the week. This week with Thanksgiving I’m afraid I won’t see that!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Exercise: Yes, 45 mins weight training.

• kazunomiya
    kazunomiya Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday

Calories: under
    Exercise: 30 min walking

I’ve been staying on track this week really well but I haven’t seen that reflected in the scale yet, so it’s frustrating. My pants feel a little looser though. I can see a difference in my legs and tummy...just wish the scale would follow! I know it’s just a number, but I never see much fluctuation in my weight, so it’s hard not to believe I’m doing something wrong! Last week the same thing happened and then I saw the number go down at the very end of the week. This week with Thanksgiving I’m afraid I won’t see that!

I can relate. I haven't had much change on the scale but I have lost 4 inches around my waist so far. I'm trying to measure my success in other ways so I don't get discouraged
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily post (Tuesday)
    Track: no
    Calories: I think pretty good
    Exercise: 30 minutes elliptical
  • hollypopp10
    hollypopp10 Posts: 68 Member
    Options

Exercise: yes- treadmill 60 minutes

So- I set a goal weight based on me wanting to keep some of my curves, but today I used the cdc calculator and realized that my goal weight isn’t enough to be considered “healthy” 😔 Feeling a bit discouraged. Maybe I’ll keep my current goals and see how i feel when i get there? Sigh
  • AB0215
    Options
    So- I set a goal weight based on me wanting to keep some of my curves, but today I used the cdc calculator and realized that my goal weight isn’t enough to be considered “healthy” 😔 Feeling a bit discouraged. Maybe I’ll keep my current goals and see how i feel when i get there? Sigh
    @hollypopp10 Well, I think it's a bit relative, I'm 4' 10" and my goal weight is likely not going to be considered healthy by those BMI charts, but my body fat percentage will fall in the healthy range because I spend so much time gaining muscle, I'll weigh more than the average person of my height...but have a healthy body fat %, so I think it really boils down to other factors than just the BMI charts...hopefully that's somewhat reassuring...?
  • kazunomiya
    kazunomiya Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Username: Kazunomiya
    Week: November Week 3
    PW =356
    CW=355
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday, November 21

Exercise: Yes, stair climber & arc trainer

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
    Enjoy the food & fun and blessings of family😘💜
    (and then get back on track on Friday!!! :o:D:D:# )

• ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Calories: Under.
    Exercise: Yes, strength and jogging. But not

Comments: Got in a workout yesterday. Can't go to the gym today so will do a workout at home. Weighed in at 182.8 this morning. Going to do well today as well. Doing well so far.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post November 21

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, Walked 5000+ steps at work
  • kathleenford04
    kathleenford04 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Wed

Calories: over
    Exercise: 70min of Piyo
  • cmteach4
    cmteach4 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Daily post, Wednesday November 21

Tracking. Yes
    Calories. Yes
    Exercise. Stretching and if 5 hours of baking counts! Ha ha!

I would like to Join Nancy and wish everyone a happy and wonderful Thanksgiving!
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Daily post: Wednesday

Exercise: Yes, tons of walking
  • AB0215
    Options
    Hey guys, I've been doing a terrible job of keeping up with the posts this week.

We're missing quite a few weigh ins this week:
    Sunday:
    @Silverstar65
    Monday:
    @Momma3times
    @nurse_1
    Tuesday:
    @orngnerdz

• tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Cheer Squad Weigh In!

Username: tinak33
    Weigh in week: November Week 3
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous Weight: 164.0
    Current Weight: 162.6
  • AB0215
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    Cheer Squad Weigh In!

Username: tinak33
    Weigh in week: November Week 3
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous Weight: 164.0
    Current Weight: 162.6

@tinak33 Look at you losing even though you didn't think you would :)
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    mg07030 wrote: »
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Gjaholy33

Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise No
    Goals/Comments:

Hey Slimsons, so I know it's been a week since I last check in and apologize been enjoying time with family but even though they have been bringing Dunkin donuts because my niece works there, every night I have maintain and not strayed from my eating plan. Although today I'm having my mom make me some keto friendly blueberry walnut and chocolate chip-nut butter walnut muffins and my sister brought me some WHISPS (cheese chips) so now besides my trailmix of nuts and dark chocolate I'll have other low carb snacks.
    MY SUBSTITUTES:
    instead of cake 》 my muffin
    Instead of chips 》cheese chips (Whisps)
    Instead of ice cream 》 NO SUGAR ADDED NON DAIRY ICE CREAM (have to be careful only 3 spoons a serving)

So 3-fold question for the team: Are you having trouble sustaining from certain foods around family and friends? If so, have you tried substituting some of your favorite foods on this journey like I am? If so what are they?

@gjaholy33 nah - the only dish I’d be weak over is my Moms homemade stuffing and she isn’t making this year. So I’m making low carb stuffing and they better like it lol

Instead of pies - I’m bringing whipped cream and berries for the family. Im bringing one for me made with stevia and one for them with raw sugar because they don’t like sugar substitute. Sigh.
    Not doing potatoes either - they don’t know it yet but they are getting whipped cauliflower and squash pilaf. :)

I guess I’ll miss vino— I’m going to have some on my birthday though the week after Thanksgiving— so I’m holding out for that.

Great inspiration!! I’ll be with ya not having sugar or lots of bread!

Ps - I found a stuffing recipe made from almond flour and coconut flour- we shall find out how it is!

Wow you gave me some great ideas for desserts for Christmas Whip cream and berries. I also do not like stevia so I use Xylitol

Happy Thanksgiving
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Gjaholy33
    So 3-fold question for the team: Are you having trouble sustaining from certain foods around family and friends? If so, have you tried substituting some of your favorite foods on this journey like I am? If so what are they?

I definitely struggle with it! One big one for me is rice. It's a staple in my family's diet and I struggled a lot with it. I substitute it with cauliflower rice and season it the same way and it satisfies the craving. Also, some foods just have unnecessary calories. Like certain foods just have unnecessary amounts of oil which is really dense in calories so I'll just make the same thing with more calorie friendly ingredients and just make the recipe more simply.

I think rice is a struggle for most of us. I also tried the cauliflower rice but did not like it. When we are on this journey we have no to learn a different way to cook that is more nutritious.
This discussion has been closed.