TEAM: Flab-U-Less (December)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215 or Craig @craigo3154 .

Replies

• Honey5
    Honey5 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Rhonda. This is my first challenge! I would like to lose a few pounds and in the process gain some positive long-term lifestyle habits. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.
  • mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    diary* not dairy- whoops.
    Hi Rhonda! I'm looking forward to the new month too!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Honey5 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! My name is Rhonda. This is my first challenge! I would like to lose a few pounds and in the process gain some positive long-term lifestyle habits. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Hi Rhonda! Welcome aboard! My name is Rhonda as well. Looking forward to our mutual success next month. We got this!!!!!!!
  • lar25473
    lar25473 Posts: 183 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Hi everyone :) My goal for December is to escape the 170s which have been plaguing me all of November.

Last week: 181.4
    CW: 177.8
    Weigh in day: Tuesdays
    Week 1 - November 27: 177.8
    Week 2 - December 4:
    Week 3 - December 11:
    Week 4 - December 18:
    Week 5 (?) - December 25:
  • karent768
    karent768 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I am just starting out on my get healthy goal after a major health scare in 2014 then followed by having a baby this year! I am home alone with the baby so will be cramming in short bursts of exercise when he is napping.
    Really love being part of a team because at the moment it is easier to put other people first and I don’t want to let you guys down. Once I get into a routine though I know it will be for me. Let’s do this!
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies. This is a great place to get inspired and share your ups and downs. I too am trying to say good bye to the 170's, @lar25473. I started at 178 a few rounds ago. Way to much weight for a 5'2" person. Problem, for me, is a heavy travel schedule for work. Eating out everyday has always been a challenge but I not giving up. December is going to be our month!
  • Honey5
    Honey5 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Question do we keep the same group each round or get moved around to new groups?
  • mram3582
    Options
    Hello Rhonda and Karen! Welcome back to all the others! Looking forward to the December challenge! @Honey5 yes, we keep the same groups. You can request a different one in between challenges if you choose though. I swear we only bite when provoked though! o:)
  • calistabrown
    calistabrown Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! It's my first challenge too. I'm feeling motivated and looking forward to meeting some friends and getting some weight off together. Where do we weigh in? and when? Thanks :)
  • mram3582
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Hi and welcome! @calistabrown You'll weigh in here and then I will add it to the team spreadsheet which anyone can view on the BL Homepage along with any of the teams. This challenge starts on Dec. 2nd and you will weigh in on your chosen day of week.

The format for weigh in is:

username
    Month/Week of challenge
    Previous Weight (or starting weight if new)
    Current Weight
  • karent768
    karent768 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    mram3582 wrote: »
    Hi and welcome! @calistabrown You'll weigh in here and then I will add it to the team spreadsheet which anyone can view on the BL Homepage along with any of the teams. This challenge starts on Dec. 2nd and you will weigh in on your chosen day of week.

username
    Month/Week of challenge
    Current Weight

Hi @mram3582
    I chose Monday’s as my weigh in day which will be Dec 3rd. So do I weigh in then or is first weigh in the following Monday a week into it?

Sorry for the silly question!
  • mram3582
    Options
    karent768 wrote: »
    mram3582 wrote: »

username
    Month/Week of challenge
    Current Weight

Hi @mram3582
    I chose Monday’s as my weigh in day which will be Dec 3rd. So do I weigh in then or is first weigh in the following Monday a week into it?

Sorry for the silly question!

you would weigh in Dec. 3rd.
  • Starshine15
    Starshine15 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm really excited about this. I've always loved the idea of the Biggest Loser competition, except for the stupid food-eating-related challenges! I want to be a helpful team player! I've maintained a 120lb weight loss after gastric bypass surgery almost 14 years ago, but my BMI indicates that I'm still obese at 188 ....SOOOOOOO after fiddling around for 6 months, I thought the BL would be a fresh incentive for me. Good luck to us all and let's do this!!
  • Starshine15
    Starshine15 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Oh, and a question: I'm confused by the first weekly weigh-in day. I selected Mondays, but saw that our fearless team captain advised us to weigh in on Tuesday, December 3rd, rather than on Monday, the 2nd. Please clarify, mram3582?
  • rekvar12
    rekvar12 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, this will be my first challenge, and I am looking forward :smile: ! I started using MFP a couple of months back to lose some thyroid-weight. Lost about 9lb so far, and am at 160 now (overweight for 5'3"). Starting to get lazy now, so I hope the challenge will keep me motivated! Although ambitious for my pace, I'd like to lose 5 pounds this month, so that I can finally be at 70 in the metric scale (which I usually use)
  • RedStickdad
    RedStickdad Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, My name is Gerrit and this will be my 3rd Biggest Loser challenge. I did well in October but had some slowdowns this past month. I seem to be back on track and should make my first 50 lbs loss sometime this month.
    I am adding this routine to my workout for December https://darebee.com/programs/30-days-of-change.html?showall=&start=1

• mram3582
    Options
    @Starshine15 you'd weigh in on Monday Dec. 3rd for 1st weigh in.
  • mram3582
    Options
    Hi to both @Starshine15 and @rekvar12 you both have wonderful starting goals and this is the place to keep you accountable whilst having loads of fun! --You're in the Cool Cats Club now! B)
  • MaryContrary1972
    MaryContrary1972 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi. I’m Mary and a newbie. My weighday is Friday and I’m looking to lose about two and a half stone more (lost 12 pounds so far). I’m a keen cyclist so my weight loss is a bit more sedate as my muscle increases. I’d like to be lighter because it’s easier to get up hills !
This discussion has been closed.