TEAM: Flab-U-Less (December)

Options

Replies

• lar25473
    lar25473 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    leni1us wrote: »
    Welcome to all the newbies. This is a great place to get inspired and share your ups and downs. I too am trying to say good bye to the 170's, @lar25473. I started at 178 a few rounds ago. Way to much weight for a 5'2" person. Problem, for me, is a heavy travel schedule for work. Eating out everyday has always been a challenge but I not giving up. December is going to be our month!

I started out at 199 on the dot, which is not cute when you're only 5 ft 8. So...Im working towards somewhere between 135-145 :)
  • gatorbob353
    gatorbob353 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone, excited to be back and part of the challenge. I am coming off a wedding and a 3 week honeymoon that included way to much food. I have recently started the keto diet and working out more than I used too. I can’t wait for all the motivation in the group.
  • Starshine15
    Starshine15 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Sorry - I kept thinking that Monday was the 2nd. Duh!
  • Honey5
    Honey5 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Posting this hoping that it will help me stay on track for the next few weeks...

1) Meal prep/planning is key! Every meal for the week needs to be planned. Without meal prep I will end up reaching for something bad.
    2) Track everything that I eat.
    3) Drink 80oz of water. From what I have read, 64oz is to maintain weight. 80oz is for weight loss.
  • calistabrown
    calistabrown Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    mram3582 wrote: »
    Hi and welcome! @calistabrown You'll weigh in here and then I will add it to the team spreadsheet which anyone can view on the BL Homepage along with any of the teams. This challenge starts on Dec. 2nd and you will weigh in on your chosen day of week.

The format for weigh in is:

username
    Month/Week of challenge
    Previous Weight (or starting weight if new)
    Current Weight

Perfect! Thanks for clarifying :)
  • mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @Starshine15 I just got moved from night shift to day shift dispatch and I don't even know what day it is! I keep looking at my wall calendar and drawing a blank and then I have to use my computer to tell me what day/week/year it is. It has thrown me completely off.
    @Honey5 superb goals and very doable!
    @gatorbob353 Happy Newlywed status! This is a great place to keep yourself accountable...and there are one or two of us that will drag you back kicking and screaming if you lose interest :#o:)
  • mram3582
    Options
    Hello Team Flab-U-Less and Welcome to December!

Along with the main challenge we are also going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges again this month: Question of the Week and Daily Posts

First and foremost is that participation in these challenges is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

A side note as there has been a bit of confusion for new members in the past, this is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10 mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday/Date)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

The Question of the Week Challenge is a fun participation booster and we will be using it sometimes just as fun and sometimes it can help to foster new ideas for others as we all are different and have different experiences so sharing ideas can help someone else with motivation of freshening up their routine even!! Keep on the lookout for these questions.

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: November Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)
    Just type PW & CW if you'd like (or if it's easier, you could keep a note on your PC desktop to make it easier to copy and paste from week to week.)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for me to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

I'd like to help us be as successful as possible and if I can help in any way, please let me know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, I look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

I am committed to this group and to help where I can, and please let me know if I can help in any way!!

Your Captain: Melinda
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    @Starshine15 you'd weigh in on Monday Dec. 3rd for 1st weigh in.

Mram3582... I'd like to keep my Monday weigh ins too for December. It seemed to work well for me in November. So please don't drop me from the challenge for not weighing in on Sunday the 2nd.
  • mram3582
    Options
    @evangsimmons170 since you're already in the challenge for Nov. your weight will roll over and you aren't expected to weigh until your normal day. No one gets dropped from the challenge unless they haven't weighed for 2 consecutive weeks or they request to be removed. :)
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    @evangsimmons170 since you're already in the challenge for Nov. your weight will roll over and you aren't expected to weigh until your normal day. No one gets dropped from the challenge unless they haven't weighed for 2 consecutive weeks or they request to be removed. :)

Thanks. Another question...when we post our previous weight, should that be whatever we closed out November with?
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,532 Member
    Options
    Good morning all, excited to be starting my first challenge!
  • ashlee_hawkins811
    ashlee_hawkins811 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This may sound like a silly question but I choose Saturday as my weigh in day. So will I weigh in then next Saturday? Or should I do an Initial weigh in before that?
  • mram3582
    Options
    @ashlee_hawkins811 you may either keep the current start weight that you have listed (recommended), you can change the start weight to today's weigh in, but your 1st weigh in won't be until Sat. 8th.
    @evangsimmons170 yes, your pw will be the last weigh in for Nov. I really just use the pw to make sure that I haven't made a mistake or missed something somewhere anyways.
  • MaryContrary1972
    MaryContrary1972 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Saturday 1st

Track: Yes (not quite sure what this is but hey I said yes lol)
    Calories: Yes 924 net
    Exercise: Yes - walking 7500 steps over 3 walks
    Goals/Day/Comments: Today went ok. Made home-made pizza with 3 portions of roasted veg and low sugar ice-cream. I tend to only eat once a day unless I'm cycling to stop me grazing.
  • ghy5
    ghy5 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Gee,hope I get this correct. Exercies=yes
    Track= yes.
    Calories=yes
    May we say yes x 3? Flab U Less teammates let me know if I am doing this incorrectly.I have been Stuck for a long time but not giving up as I usually would.Let's see if this helps,could be fun.

• karent768
    karent768 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone! I won’t be doing the daily challenge as I have a (almost) 5 month old baby and still trying to figure out what a calorie intake I should have while breastfeeding.
    I am really looking forward to the weekly questions though! I know it’s only day two but feel like I am off to a good start. Hope you all feel the same 🙂
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    @mram3582, just letting you know that you are doing a great job as acting team captain
  • evangsimmons170
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I have a couple of goals for December. Isn't it amazing to think that these 31 days are enough time to create new habits?

Here are my December goals (starting Dec 2nd):

Daily intentional exercise (even my rest day will include exercise, just for a shorter time, (<30 minutes). This did wonders for my energy levels in November.

At least one meal per day replaced with a high protein smoothie (<600 calories, which is significantly less than my regular meals). I need more discipline with my calorie intake.

Bedtime before 11 pm.

1 gallon of water per day. Pray for me on this one! 😲

Just wanted to put my goals in writing...kinda like a vision board. I am determined to end this year strong...stronger than previous years!
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the newbies! You all have chosen to be a member of a group whereby you are given all the encouragement and support to achieve your weight loss goals. My name is Lali and this is my 6th year as a Mfp member. Last year I lost 50 lbs and I am now 19 lbs away from my goal.This is not easy and I will not give up.This is a lifetime commitment.
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    12774 wrote: »
    Welcome to the newbies! You all have chosen to be a member of a group whereby you are given all the encouragement and support to achieve your weight loss goals. My name is Lali and this is my 6th year as a Mfp member. Last year I lost 50 lbs and I am now 19 lbs away from my goal.This is not easy and I will not give up.This is a lifetime commitment.

You got this Lali!!! We can do this together. 😀😀
This discussion has been closed.