Team WEIGHT NO MORE-December 2018 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Super busy day at work...in 15 minute we get to start our day with a 2 hour meeting. I'm trying to get some steps in before the meeting. I hate sitting around :)

Wednesday check in
    Yoga - 15 minutes (Day 5, Staying Alive from Adriene)
    Water, Food & Steps all good

My body is finally starting to feel better...everything is loosening up finally. Just like having no dairy in my life (I feel 100% better), I need to do yoga every day because I feel so much better!

BTW...love the puppy pic sooooo cute!!

Have a great day and make it count!!
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    @bbcbw sorry I misread your tracking don't worry about a small gain you can get it back. take heart.
  • amsandos
    Options
    @cyndiestuff it is 6.5ish glasses :D
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff said “ I am so glad you got that scale. i use mine all the time. i have gotten really good at eyeballing it! i play a game called guess how many ounces or grams. and then check to see how close i was. “

Well using the scale is a real eye opener! No wonder I’ve been having problems! Portions are much smaller than I was thinking (or hoping)! Even eating fresh pineapple chunks! Well one chunk was one serving according to MFP portions (I was using ounces rather than a 1/2 cup measurement). Hopefully I’ll get to the point where I can eyeball a serving and know what is a proper portion!!
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 not a big deal, but Saturday is my weigh-in day, you listed me under Friday in your previous post. I don't think it matters. :smile:
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hello & Happy Thursday (Friday Eve - almost TGIF!!!) :wink:

Hope you are all doing well! I am feeling good, but I went off-track this past Tuesday. I do not know what it is about Tuesdays, lol, but the same thing happened 2 weeks ago on Tuesday as well. I worked late, got home, was hungry & tired. I skipped my workout and started picking on junk. I stopped myself, ate a healthy dinner and started my Fast. As I expected, because my body responds quickly when I go off-track, I had a weight gain the next morning. I was back on track yesterday and today, but I am definitely missing my elliptical calorie burn. I have a feeling I am going to have a gain this week, but I will be happy to stay the same, but I doubt that is going to happen. I will be back to the gym next week, and I will definitely get back down. I notice if I do have a gain one week, I have a big loss the next. We will see.

I have not had a chance to read everyone's posts. I will try to catch up later and respond back. Have a wonderful day! :smile:
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Daily check in Wednesday
    Day 3 of cleanse. New 3 day stage starts today.
    water-88 oz
    exercise-30 min walk
    Yoga-Day 5
    steps-13,027

We decorated our Christmas tree last night. Skylynn did most of it. It was a bit of a chore last night but I made dinner, washed dishes, laid out my work clothes, yoga clothes and walking clothes. I also spread out my yoga mat. When the alarm went off at 5:30 I kept sleeping. Woke at 6:30. Scrambled into action. What a gift that everything was ready for me. I jumped into my planet splashed yoga pants, did my yoga, left those clothes on and bundled up with my walking clothes. Really helped me to take the decision out of my morning. Molly asked if I could make her lunch at the last second. She is really making an effort to eat more along my lines. @cyndiesstuff thanks for asking. She just had another smallish episode of the diverticulitis. Now she is taking another look at her diet and rethinking things. I packed her a whole head of romaine (she loves the stuff), raw cashews, organic cherry tomatoes, lentil taco "meat", 2 mandarins, 2 organic gala apples, organic celery stalks, roasted delicata squash and steamed organic baby potatoes. Wanted to make sure she had choices.

@carlsoda on October 15th, this year I turned my diet completely around. I gave up many things that were on my new "no no" list. Dairy was one of them. I am still feeling the effects of the detox. For me...caffeine and the dairy had the harshest side effects regarding withdrawals.

Someone else asked me here about sugar. That is how long I have been off sugar too. I quit caffeine, sugar, oil, salt, alcohol, corn, gluten, soy, vinegar, animal products and I am sure there are other things. I always forget something when I rewrite the list.

But here is a newsflash...I am getting ready to change AGAIN!...As I have said I am following intuitive direction. I keep "stumbling" upon new ideas that just dazzle me. So my latest is the Moon juice movement. It is about cosmic alchemy for a thriving body, beauty and consciousness by Amanda Chantal Bacon. It, for the most part, continues to eliminate all the same "no no's with the exception of adding fermented vegetables and small amounts of apple cider vinegar. But it is truly a whole new way of living and eating. I am soooooo excited about this. Adaptogens play heavy part in this plan as well. I was on Amazon last night ordering the items that I was still missing. It just FEELS right for me at this time in my life. I also bought a dehydrator on line. I can't wait to start playing when I am done with the liver cleanse. Her cookbook is stunning...but admittedly not for everyone.

There is a moon juice for assisting with sleeping. I know there are a lot of members that struggle with that. I will test it out and post recipe and results.

One of the things that intrigues me is that she breaks down kitchen prep quarterly, monthly, weekly and daily. She even advocates making your own almond milk, then you dry the leftover meal and ground it into flour. This kind of thing just turns me on! Lol

Anyway I will keep you all posted as I get ready to launch off on this new moon adventure!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    T.E.A.M. Pledge

Today, every act matters. Every small step I take to reach my goal is a step towards a healthier body. My goal for today is to:

Again prepare myself for a successful tomorrow

These are the small steps I have taken to make the day successful:

1-for me that means put away the last of the fall décor tonight
    2-Again laying out my clothes for yoga and work
    3-plan date night with my sweetheart for tomorrow. Look up movie times. have dinner ready to eat when I get home tomorrow
    4-Make my salad tonight for tomorrows lunch. Have my bags packed and by the door or even in the car. (it's parked in the garage)

I would not have done any of those things yesterday if it hadn't been for this pledge idea. Thanks team for all the support!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @nstephenson01 I LOVE new books!!! Have you tried thriftbooks.com? I get most of mine from that source...including the moon juice cookbook which happened to have been a library book! Just adds to the charm.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @shirin_k looks like we will both be in the 60's before Christmas! Great job!
  • Shirin_K
    Shirin_K Posts: 258 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Daily log in for: Wednesday
    Logged: Yes, under
    Water: 40 oz
    Exercise: Yoga Day 5 and 45 min cardio
    Steps: 8160

It was a great day yesterday and I'm really happy with how the last week has gone. I'm going to work hard to continue this string! Sorry to the members on the Step Challenge for my steps being low yesterday. I didn’t have pockets yesterday and kept forgetting to grab my phone to track steps! My Week Steps should look much better next week too.

T.E.A.M. Pledge

Today, every act matters. Every small step I take to reach my goal is a step towards a healthier body. My goal for today is to:
    Get to bed by 10:30. I haven’t gone to bed before 11:30 for probably a week or more and I’m feeling it. Just so many things to do!

These are the small steps I have taken to make the day successful:

-Exercise and do yoga immediately after kids are in bed.
    -Start getting ready for bed by 10:00.

Thanks for all the support and inspiration and ideas on here! Have a wonderful Thursday everyone!
  • Shirin_K
    Shirin_K Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    @shirin_k looks like we will both be in the 60's before Christmas! Great job!

Yes, we are so close! You had another fabulous week!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    @nstephenson01 I LOVE new books!!! Have you tried thriftbooks.com? I get most of mine from that source...including the moon juice cookbook which happened to have been a library book! Just adds to the charm.

I haven't tried thriftbooks.com. I'll take a look at it. I use Better World Books quite a bit. I prefer to buy used books when I can (especially fiction).
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Great week @shirin_K!!
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    @eminater glad you didn't quit. now we need to get you back to onederland. you can do it!

@eyesopennow that scale can be so fickle. can you sneek up on it and jump? maybe if it didn't see you coming!! lol

@carlsoda good job on commiting to the yoga. just think in January you will be like gumby! lol

@lennoncpa I am so glad you are enjoying your scale. I love mine! and you will start to get really good a guessing portions once you start practicing!

@kirsten11872 you are doing so good with the IF. I am glad it is working for you.

@nstephenson01 you knew it would be a gain. however it is very small. you know how to make it go down. what will you do differently this coming week?

@Mrsbell8well you make your life sound so whimsical. your always learning new things and exploring different options with little apprehension. I love it!!

@Shirin_K woooo whooo the scale goes down. that is wonderful. your hard work is paying off. be proud today. you have been really focused!!

• bbcbw
    bbcbw Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 @cyndiesstuff I now this whole weight loss process is hard to understand. But I'm here strong because I did everything right this whole week. I ate healthy and did my exercises. So wether the scale moves or not I'm in best frame of mind.
  • amsandos
    Options
    Daily log Wednesday
    Food over 13
    Exercise yoga day 5
    Water 7 cups 2.7 l or 100us oz!

This discussion has been closed.