Team WEIGHT NO MORE-December 2018 Team Chat

Replies

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,471 Member
    Awesome stepping team Weigh No More!

We still need another stepper. It is easy, if you have a fitbit or similar device to count your steps, enter them daily on the step page and that's it!

@bmaison2014 this time of year is hard. Hang in there!
    @cyndiesstuff so are you! We are a great team! Glad your offices are done and you are all caught up. Must feel good after the chaotic last week!
    @phoebe112476 Another great loss!
    @shirin_k you are doing great!!
    @nstephenson01 Another great day! Your steps still amaze me!
    @lyssysho26. Awesome loss!!
    @carlsoda sounds like you are doing well even with all the stuff you need to do and your busy work schedule. Keep it going!
    @Mrsbell8well. Look how cute you look! I feel the same between the mirror and pictures. It is strange. I don’t understand why that happens...
    @ihp2015. I am so glad you are doing well. I am sorry to hear about your step daughter. How scary! I will keep her in my prayers.
    @lennoncpa I love your goals and you are doing awesome achieving them.
    @ljdanny isn’t that funny how it doesn’t feel like it counts if you don’t have your Fitbit on? I am the same way! Lol! Less than a week. Try to stay focused this last week with logging and exercise. You have been doing so well. I was also wondering how your son is doing.
    @mandi5512 Just remember to get right back on track if you indulge. You have been doing great. Keep it up!
  • sleepymom5
    edited December 2018
    9qr30od053tb.jpeg

Wednesday Weigh Ins
    @ihp2015
    @Mrsbell8well

Thursday's Weigh Ins
    @bbcbw
    @Ljdanny
    @Nstephenson01
    @Shirin_K
    @Cyndiesstuff

Late Weigh Ins
    @eminater
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    @ljdanny maybe you can have your Cristmas present early???
    @lenka1 I’m getting ready to start my running program again. 7 miles is amazing. You inspire me with your energy and motivation.
    @mandi5512 take a deep breath. Maintenance is a good strategy that a lot of people like to use during this time of year. Good luck. We r rooting for you!
  • sleepymom5
    Daily check in for: Tuesday
    Logged: Yes and under
    Water: 80oz
    Exercise & Steps: Leslie Sansone walking tape, 20 min and 10,024 steps
    Day 4 on my string

My stomach wasn't feeling too good yesterday so that is why my diary was a little strange yesterday. I just want carbs and sweets when I feel sick...I still got a workout in at home and a ton of stuff done. I am all caught up for Christmas! The gifts I have are wrapped and under the tree. I don't have as much as I thought to still get so that is good. I am heading to the shore with my husband this am. It should be fun and relaxing now that I have most of the Christmas stuff done. Today I am going to do a walking tape early. Hopefully it isn't too cold down there and I can get to the beach for a walk at least 1 day. It is supposed to rain Thursday afternoon so I won't be able to after that. Hope everyone has a great day!

@Mrsbell8well and @ihp2015 Nice losses ladies!!

@lenka1 I don't know how I missed your post last night! I hope your daughter is feeling better soon. There is so much going around.

• Mrsbell8well
    @ihp2015 nice loss. Looks like you are back in the zone.
    @sleepymom5 Pam I just love hearing about your life. Your like a Jersey Shore Norman Rockwell. Your tree is beautiful. I am so glad you get some down time with your hubby. You deserve it!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Daily check in for: Tuesday
    Logged: Yes, under
    Water: not sure, quit logging after 72 oz
    Exercise & Steps: 30 minutes strength training; 6,480 steps

Rained all day so steps were a little low. Spent some time decluttering again and made two piles... one for the garbarge and one for donation. Weight is up again today... AARGH. Damned if I do... damned if I don't. Cold, blustery day but I've got to get the dogs out at least for a short walk. Middle of December already... can't wrap my head around that!

• cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    @Mrsbell8well I am so glad you stuck to your guns at the Christmas party. just look how much you have learnt about you! it is amazing that we can learn to still have fun without overinduldging. new habits, new day, new year. you can start again and you can change whenever you put your mind to it. good job!

@DananaNanas ohhh I am so sorry sweety. I know that this is how you are seeing things but much of it is your mental health talking. how long have you been taking the antidepressants? maybe they are not the right ones. or maybe you need something a little more. I know you are struggling. I wish I could reach thru this computer and give you a hug. close your eyes and imagine the caring I am feeling for you right now. This struggle you are feeling will get better, buy you cannot give up my friend. We need you, you need you! Now put on that beautiful smile and figure out what Dana is going to do next to make herself feel better. And I will ask them to add you to the step challenge. We will need you steps from 12-16 going forward. please go to the thread and introduce yourself and when you check in just let them know the team your on your steps and what day they are for. thanks for stepping up. and you can message me anytime if you need to talk. hang in there. love is coming your way.

https:// community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10710064/december-2018-step- challenge#latest

@nstephenson01 no beating yourself up. you are a work in progress girl. don't let that fickle scale ruin all the progress you have made.
  • Shirin_K
    Shirin_K Posts: 258 Member
    Daily log in for: Tuesday
    Logged: Yes, under
    Water: 48 oz
    Exercise: 45 min cardio
    Steps: 10168

I accomplished my Team Pledge yesterday: logged my food, under calories, and got 10000 steps. My headache finally went away after 4 days and so happy my energy is back! Weigh in is tomorrow, hoping for a small loss...

Hope everyone have a great day!

• cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    I am with you @Shirin_K but no matter what the scale says, remember, you are doing what it takes and be proud!!
  • Mrsbell8well
    @DananaNanas I m in there with @cyndiesstuff sending you many hugs and thoughts of peace. You are checking in and that is always a good sign. Stay with us. I have missed your regular postings. I always think that things can change "in the twinkling of an eye". Hang in there. You never know what blessings are around the corner. I always want to manifest miracles in MY time...but life often has another idea of what "idea" timing looks like.
    @cyndiesstuff thanks for the kind words. I always appreciate your support.
    @nstephenson01 our energies seem to cycle. You seem to be adjusting to your new routine with your husband there perhaps? You are so motivated and have done so well! You will get your mojo back and be back in your groove before you know it.
    @shirin_k congrats on accomplishing your pledge. This is what gets us to our end results. Spectacular health? Glad your headache has subsided. That was always my challenge. But doing really well currently. Good luck tomorrow with your weigh in. So hard to let that little metal contraption tell us if we are good decent worthy human beings or a miserable failure. Lol...I am exaggerating of course but I still hate how much power it has over us to set our mood for the day... for the week. It's your actions that matter more than the number on the scale.
  • Shirin_K
    Shirin_K Posts: 258 Member
    @Mrsbell8well and @cyndiesstuff Thank you both for your kind support! I agree it’s not the weight on the scale that really matters. I’ve just put a lot of pressure on myself to make my end-of-year goal of 169...and now a week and half out, I’m getting nervous if I can make it! @Mrsbell8well Great job on another wonderful week! @cyndiesstuff Glad to hear you had a good day yesterday and your office is back to normal!
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    I just feel bad even coming in here and ranting... my insurance won't cover any more therapy appointments until the new year and one of the people that I need to get their act together (my coworker...) so I can go back to feeling normal is also really struggling with issues of her own. I'd love to say something to her but at what point and how do you decide that your mental health is more important than someone else's (you don't... and it's not...) when that person is your friend?

@cyndiesstuff I've been on the same thing of varying doses since January. We discussed changing it a week or so ago but I didn't want to change in the middle of the holidays... one of the worst times for me. I'm sure we'll try something else next year. But I'm just going to try to get through it until then. Thanks for the link, I'll get in the challenge thread and get moving.

@Mrsbell8well thanks, I'm trying!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,428 Member
    Finally checking in...gosh it's getting later and later these days (sorry about that).

Started this morning with our annual girls breakfast at Original Pancake House. We do this every year and it's just us gals at work and the company pays for it. I had eggs, bacon, toast without butter and jam. I could feel the sugar in my body afterwards since I hardly eat any carbs. I was not in the least tempted to eat pancakes - WIN!!!

Then we had a meeting - boo, got some work done and ran out to the mall for my lunch time walk. Can't wait until Christmas is over and the mall becomes empty again :) Soon!!

I'm also sorry to hear about all the sore tummies. There is a lot of icky stuff going around, so remember to wash your hands regularly and keep your hands away from your face where it could spread germs. :) (that's the mom in me speaking!!)

Yesterday was a good day (can you believe it!!): food, water, steps and yoga - all good and on track!

Ok...back to planning my production @ work - one of my most favorite jobs in the world!!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,118 Member
    @sleepymom5 my son is getting better thank you. Today he went and got the pins taken out of his wrist, they did put him back in a cast for another 3 weeks though. He wasn't happy.
    @Mrsbell8well I would love to take my Fitbit now. If it was from my husband I would but since my son can't work right now we are helping him with gifts so my husband bought it from my son. And I don't think my son knows that I know I'm getting it so I have to put my surprised face on.

I have 2 days left of work then I'm on vacation, I'm so looking forward to it. After everything with my son and working with children i am exhausted. Friday can't come quick enough.
This discussion has been closed.