Team WEIGHT NO MORE-December 2018 Team Chat

Replies

• CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 597 Member
    Feeling real discouraged. Was within my calorie goal all this week, some days leaving 200-400 behind, but I do know I didn't hit a 3k step goal any day BUT last Sunday at a little over 4k. Other days in the 1-2k range...The lack in steps and the lack in exercise period is probably NOT working for me to just lean on the calories in portion. I've lose 49lbs since with MFP, it's been a roller coaster from learning and relearning everything, starving self, to learning how to do it properly, but I've never truly done any exercising, just steps. I did try an easier version of Insanity one time, I have A LOT of anxiety so I don't work put in front of others, not even family so I figured if I get up at a good time I can do a work out in the living room when no one is home, but on the week ends, maybe in my room or just focus on steps. Last week I had around 21k steps, this week only 16k.
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 597 Member
    Also, before when I wasn't working out, I was at least getting 7k-10k+ steps, since July of this year after getting out of the Hospital, can't even manage 3k every day. Sad! SMH!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Here is everything I made this weekend for my moon prep. Some of this is supposed to last 3 months. My vegan coconut yogurt came out perfect! My favorite recipe was from dr Fuhrman’s. Lemon balls. Yummy!

9lbdjrkcfjxd.jpeg
    rte2fymjgdo6.jpeg
  • Mrsbell8well
    qexijr0g0qqa.jpeg
    o61t2nz9juqv.jpeg
    ughwaho6e63m.jpeg
    t45ek4nz143v.jpeg
  • Mrsbell8well
    2hkx0m3clybc.jpeg
    Fennel, green apple, juniper cabbage ready to ferment. My first attempt at fermentation. Hopefully ready by next Sunday!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    edited December 2018
    Daily check in for: Saturday
    Logged: Yes, under
    Water: lots
    Exercise & Steps: 30 minutes strength training, 4.5 mile hike with dogs; 17,805 steps

I feel like yesterday's neighborhood Christmas party was a success. I had a healthy, filling snack before we left. The food was set up in the dining room... mostly grocery store party platter type stuff... nothing overly tempting We were mostly in the kitchen and living room but the dining room is cut off from those areas so it was easy to engage in conversation and totally forget about the food. Had more wine than I should... host was darn good at keeping my glass filled. Ate a bit when we got home. Felt great this morning. Today was to be a pre-planned rest day but hubby got me a Bowflex Max Trainer for Christmas!! OMG I'm so excited!!! He set it up today and even he got on it so of course I had to. Our house is pretty small so we had to rearrange some furniture for it to fit. Its in the living room naturally. 14 minutes, 73 calories burned and it totally kicked my butt. So my day of rest hasn't been the case so far. After a break day, back on track tomorrow.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Let's kick Monday's butt!!
  • Mandi5512
    Mandi5512 Posts: 61 Member
    Logged yes and over
    Exercise no (im sick)
    Steps 7649

This weekend was a bad ine for my diet. I fell on nthe wagon a little friday and saturday. But even tho we had a birthday party tonight, i managed to not go too far over my calories ( not feeling well helped with that lol) Im looking at it positively tho. This is not just a quick fix for me, its a lifestyle change, and if im not able to splurge a little every once in a while i know i wont stick with it!
  • Mrsbell8well
    @sleepymom5 glad you had a nice party. I’m still thinking about you throwing out the food. I usually freeze stuff, or let it stay in the fridge a couple of weeks then throw it all out. I always wondered if I could just throw it out on day one without guilt.
    I did sooooo much this weekend. Even cleaned the house and wrapped most of the presents.
    Up early. Planning on walking and yoga this morning.
    @nstephenson01 nice job navigating party. And size 12’s!
    @CassieGetsFit14 you have lost a lot of weight! It sounds like you are really trying hard to find answers and improve your health and well being. Keep posting. Your doing great.
    @cyndiesstuff glad your office is coming together. Sorry you had to work so hard to get it to that point. Did your boss show up to help? Just kidding. I know he didn’t.
    @lljdanny I would cry if my fit bit broke. Your doing such an impressive job with everything. I woke at 4:30 and thought of you. I would love to be up and running early in the morning. You inspire me.
    @amsandos congrats on your first place.
    Congrats everyone as as well!
    @cyndiesstuff I only used the sleepy oil 2 times. Worked great both times. I think the hot bath and epsoms helped as well. Both those nights I was doing the cleanse and struggling to sleep so I was amazed how well they worked for me when I needed them.
    Today is Skylynn’s 9th birthday. She asked me to make her dinner. Making zoodles and pasta sauce.
    Have a great week everyone!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    The following TEAMMATES need to update their steps FOR WEEK 2
    @ljdanny

WOULD YOU PLEASE GET THEM IN SO WE CAN UPDATE THE SPREAD SHEET AND POST THE WINNERS FOR WEEK 2
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,471 Member
    edited December 2018
    @ljdanny was your husband able to fix the fitbit to get you through to you new one? Just in case he couldn't, I am going to ask if we can get someone to substitute for you. I know I did it once for someone when they couldn't do the challenge.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,471 Member
    Daily check in for: Sunday
    Logged: Yes and on track
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise & Steps: Leslie Sansone tape 40 minutes . 10,000 steps (last step was into bed Lol!)
    Day 2 on my string

I was so proud yesterday. I got right off the computer, did my walking tape, straightened up the basement and then got ready to go out. I had 8,000 steps before I even left for the show! I didn't do anything after the show so I have a lot to do today. It will probably be that way until Christmas Lol! Hope everyone has a great day!

@Mrsbell8well There wasn't much else I could do. No one in my family would eat it, it was 1/2 eaten dishes so I couldn't serve them at another time. I don't really know if it would be a good thing to donate to a food pantry. Even if I froze them, I would be the only one who would eat it. I tried to get people to take food home and they didn't want it. I have had food pushed on me in the past so I refuse to do that to others. I didn't tell anyone who was there that I was throwing it out because I was embarrassed. I do feel like it was a waste and do feel guilty but the other option is to save it and end up eating it so I tried to do something different this time. Which actually worked out because I was done with it and was able to get back on track the next day without having all the temptations. Thanksgiving I did well and then was off track all week due to the left overs that no one ate but me.
  • Shirin_K
    Shirin_K Posts: 258 Member
    Daily log in for: Sunday
    Logged: No
    Water: 48 oz
    Exercise: 30 min cardio
    Steps: 6904

Hi everyone! Hope you all enjoyed your weekend. The last few days I've been pretty bad at logging due to a combination of a headache, not enough sleep, lots of shopping, and just not making it a priority. I'm annoyed with myself for "taking off" so many days, so today I am making a Team Pledge to turn this around! I did get all of my Christmas shopping done and have wrapped a majority of the presents, so happy about that!

T.E.A.M. Pledge

Today, every act matters. Every small step I take to reach my goal is a step towards a healthier body. My goal for today is to:

Log my food, stay under my calories and get 10000 steps

These are the small steps I have taken to make the day successful:

Snack on fruit/vegetables.
    Plan and pre-log food for the rest of the day.
    Get up and move every hour.
    Exercise with my daughter.

Have a nice Monday all!
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    user id amsandos
    week 3
    previous weight 145
    current weight 150
This discussion has been closed.