TEAM: Gutbusters (December)

Replies

• amynew4u
    amynew4u Posts: 47 Member
    December 8
    Exercised? Not INTENTIONAL. Lots of walking bc of parties, concerts, shopping.
    Calories? Yes
    Tracked. Yes

NSV - went to an annual dessert party and STILL stayed under calories for the day.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    December 9
    Exercised?: Setup for our church = about 30 minutes of house cleaning; extra steps today at an open house
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    eevang wrote: »
    December Week 1 Weigh-In
    Previous: 159.6
    Current: 159.5

Busy, busy week! Lots of positives, though. Got a full ride offer to a very strong law school. Went to a holiday party with the guy I've been dating.

Need to get back to tracking though--I fell off the wagon this week. I'm trying to make intuitive choices and to keep focused on fitness but definitely need tracking to actively lose weight. I want to lose at least 3 pounds in December!! I need to get the ball rolling again.

@eevang Full ride to law school! Way to go!
  • LesIckaBod
    Happy Sunday, everyone! It's the start of December week 2, and I'm looking for weights from:

@Dommylifts - gotcha -- you're all set to make a downward move again this coming week! (Think positively, keep moving!)
    @WishfulThinning18

And in case I'm late checking in tomorrow for the Monday weighers, I'll be looking for:

@amynew4u
    @charmainekotze
    @eevang
    @heartofhearts
    @michellelagle
    @ryjar80
    @westray16
    @zimborunner
  • LesIckaBod
    Dec 8
    Exercise: No
    Calories: Yes, under
    Tracked: Yes

Planned off-day for exercise, but then ended up spending at least half and hour or more playing with Mr. 4 racing around an indoor track while Mr. 6 and my husband were at basketball. I also did some lunges, tricep dips, step ups onto a box, and tricep kickbacks with some dumbbells that were lying around.

NSV: My heel spur pain is basically all gone (knock on wood). Before I lost weight, it was so painful to walk after being sedentary for an amount of time. The first steps after waking up were excruciating. But now, I can go between sitting to watch bball, to running around the track, and there's no pain -- just the fun of running after my giggling little man. So, a big big win!

Dec 9
    Exercise: Yes
    Calories:No
    Tracked: Yes

Day of driving around doing errands, plus took the family to the movies and out to dinner. Dinner was fine, but I overdid it on movie popcorn. It's definitely something I could give up easily if I wanted to, but I'm not ready to yet.

Average daily weight this past week was 1lb less than my Monday weigh-in last week. I'm hopeful this means I bought myself enough wiggle room over the week that I still see a loss for my Monday weigh-in tomorrow.
  • LesIckaBod
    8tykpzq6wd4b.jpg

Way to go, Gutbusters! We took the first place among all the teams!

The TEAM Biggest Loser...
    1st - Gutbusters. - 0.68%
    2nd - The Big Butt Theory. - 0.62%
    3rd - The Slimsons. - 0.55%

Here are our top losers by %:
    1st - @LeslckaBod. - 3.58%
    2nd - @michellelagle. - 2.53%
    3rd - @Dommylifts. - 2.53%

Congrats go to many other Gutbusters who lost over 1% last week:

@amynew4u
    @heartofhearts
    @ryjar80
    @Stimpy56
    @bhoskins85
    @ShareASmile

• zimborunner
    zimborunner Posts: 527 Member
    December 8
    Exercised:- Yes, 60+mins treadmill. That's a first on a Sunday in a very long time.
    Calories:- Yes. But 3 Ghirardelli squares put me over. Busy making Christmas angel ornaments for co-workers...I had to make sure quality control was up to standard!
    Tracked:- Yes
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 592 Member
    December 9
    Exercised?: Yes - lots of walking while shopping with the Wife!

My NSV for the week was keeping to my workout schedule and staying under my calories all week. My goal is to loose a pound a week. My last 2 weeks, I lost 1.8 pounds each week.

Congrats to us Team for loosing the most for week 1!
  • WishfulThinning18
    WishfulThinning18 Posts: 125 Member
    WishfulThinning18
    Sunday
    Previous: 284.8
    Current: 285.4

I really need to get my *kitten* together. I don't know what it's been this past month.. all of November was a wash.. looks like December will be too. I just haven't been into it AT ALL. I've been tired all the time... eating like crap all the time... I'll be doing great for the day.. then all of a sudden I find myself shoving 4 ice cream sandwiches down my throat and I wasn't even hungry. Only good thing is, is that I've stayed consistently between 284-286 for the past two months... any tips on getting back into the swing of things?
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Hi guys haven't been myself last week with some personal issue. Had holiday parties which couldn't be without eating cookies

This week goal
    Drink 64 oz water
    Eat healthy breakfast
    exercise
    Congratulations team on lost and to the top loosers
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    December 10
    Exercised? Yes
    Calories ? Yes
    Tracked? Yes
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    Back to the grind. Been really slacking on my eating and its showing. I want to blame the weather and whatever else I can think of but its me. At the end of the day I'm the one making bad choices. Time to slap myself and get it together again
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    December 10
    Exercised?: Yes (3km in 25 mins - hills).

Working from home today. Walk after work, but before dinner.

Not much else to report.
  • craigo3154
    dommylifts wrote: »
    Non scale victory

I made it to the gym everyday this past week with a rest day yesterday. I will be going to the gym today!

@dommylifts. Great work. Keep it up.
  • craigo3154
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    NSV: My heel spur pain is basically all gone (knock on wood). Before I lost weight, it was so painful to walk after being sedentary for an amount of time. The first steps after waking up were excruciating. But now, I can go between sitting to watch bball, to running around the track, and there's no pain -- just the fun of running after my giggling little man. So, a big big win!

@LesIckaBod. Great news. Great NSV. Amazing how some of the niggling problems tend to disappear with the weight.
  • craigo3154
    WishfulThinning18
    Sunday

I really need to get my *kitten* together. I don't know what it's been this past month.. all of November was a wash.. looks like December will be too. I just haven't been into it AT ALL. I've been tired all the time... eating like crap all the time... I'll be doing great for the day.. then all of a sudden I find myself shoving 4 ice cream sandwiches down my throat and I wasn't even hungry. Only good thing is, is that I've stayed consistently between 284-286 for the past two months... any tips on getting back into the swing of things?

@WishfulThinning18. Getting on track (or back on track) is often a hard thing.

First. Don't beat yourself up over mistakes. Until you learn better coping strategies you are bound to mess up. Recognise when mistakes are being made and learn from them.

Second. Small manageable changes. Note: no diet. PERMANENT changes. These are things you need to live with for the rest of your life. They must deal with social situations, lifestyle, family, etc.. The problem with diets is that they stop and they do not TEACH us anything. Once they stop, any weight lost usually comes back. Examples of small permanent changes are: no eating between meals, or track what you eat, or 10 mins activity a day.

Third. Try eating ONLY when seated at a table. Not at a work desk, not in front of a computer, not on the go. Only when sitting. The reason for this is that it stops you from eating while distracted.

Fourth. Portion out what you are going to eat, put the rest away, then take it to where you will eat. The reason for this is that it becomes inconvenient for seconds or third portions. You can have the extra portions, but you must go get them, portion them out, put the remainder away, then take it to eat. If you make it inconvenient to get an extra helping, you are less likely to do it.

Fifth. Make a preference for fats and protein over carbohydrate (particularly processed carbohydrates). Fats, protein and fibre (unprocessed carbs) fill you up and keep you full for longer. Unfortunately most "comfort food" is high in processed carbohydrates (sugar, soft drink, cookies, bread, pie, etc..) You can still have these, but they should be more occasional food (and smaller portions) than the meat and veg part of your normal consumption.

Lastly, nothing should be forbidden (not eave ice-cream sandwiches). If something is forbidden it becomes more desirable. By allowing yourself to have treats (but within your calorie budget), you never feel deprived.

Hopefully these tips help.
  • craigo3154
    Stimpy56 wrote: »
    My NSV for the week was keeping to my workout schedule and staying under my calories all week. My goal is to loose a pound a week. My last 2 weeks, I lost 1.8 pounds each week.

@Stimpy56. Well done. Way to go.
  • BonnieHosk85
    It's Saturday, the day of December Week 1!

Today I'm looking for:

@bhoskins85

Les, did you see that my username has changed to BonnieHosk85. I'm sorry. I didn't even think about the challenge when I changed it. Just wanted people to be able to know my first name. Blessings, Bonnie
  • BonnieHosk85
    Dec 8

This is inspiring! I've got heel pain, not sure if it's spurs or not, but I was thinking it might disappear if I lost weight. Glad to know it might!
  • LesIckaBod
    WishfulThinning18
    Sunday

@Wishfulthinning18 First, don't beat yourself up over maintaining, but try to look at yourself like an impartial external observer. When you feel yourself going for the ice cream sandwiches when you're not hungry, take a little bit of time to track your feelings. What's causing you to go to the food right then? Regarding being tired, are you getting enough sleep? Are you giving yourself the opportunity to sleep, or are you going to bed and feeling worried and staying up?

Do you think there are other things happening in your world right now that are affecting your mindset and ability to focus on weight loss?
This discussion has been closed.