Replies

• cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for: Monday
    Logged: mostly, ate to maintenance
    Water: 66 oz
    Exercise & Steps: 13849

Ughhhh... my day yesterday. So i get to work at my normal time, 8:30. I have done my job. The office is empty waiting for the workers to start the flooring job. I get a call, they are running behind. No biggie I think. At 3 oclock, some workers finally show but to just drop off the flooring. They decided to start working this morning instead of yesterday. I sat there ALL day and waited for them. I closed my office. I told them it better be done on time or I am PISSED.....

@DananaNanas ohhhh no, hope you feel better. first off i know doctors are suppose to be paid professionals but really. asking someone that is on antidepressants if they are depressed. What? Duhhhh... i am glad your ok. and just so you know, you are NOT crazy. your brain is just not feeling well. and thats ok. you just need to figure out how to take care of it. i am sooooo glad your ok. And i am not going to tell you to relax. I know that that is impossible. But really, you do need to take some down time for yourself to decompress. your mental health is no joke and needs to be taken seriously.

@carlsoda agreed. it is cumbersome especially when you have to scroll back and forth to posts to respond toevery one.

@CassieGetsFit2013 you have made a lot of changes recently. a lot of good changes. you need to be proud. We love you. take care hun. and you need one of these! lol

nguqbxpe4n4i.jpg

@eminater nice loss. look out onederland. you will be there next week!!

@lennoncpa nice stepping. proud of you girl!

@Mandi5512 With my first baby, the weight just fell right off. Five years later with my second baby, it took me over a year to lose it. So you age does play a huge factor in how quickly your body recovers. Now... that being said. I know how overwhelming it can feel. But try not to look to the end goal. Set a mini goal and concentrate on that. Maybe take it in 10 lb increments. So you last weigh in was 196.4. So set a goal of 185 and then when you get there celebrate somehow (not with food) and then set another mini goal. This way, it doesn't seem so overwhelming. and create a star chart, @Mrsbell8well has a very nice one. Can you post it again for us @Mrsbell8well and explain what you do with it? And above all, you need to keep going. Do not give up, this is hard but your a strong woman. you will be successful.

@code4food omg.... great loss this week. look out 160's here comes @code4food

@nstephenson01 Thanks for checking in. you have had a great day 1!

@twyla77 thanks twyla, sometimes mfp has a mind of its own. lol

@sleepymom5 I am going to start reading the book today at work since i have NOTHING else to do. lol

• cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    @amsandos i have 2 25 oz water bottles i take to work. i drink them all day at work and then when i get home all i have is 16 oz left to go. it makes it much more manageable. lol inner carnivore!
  • gottagetthisdown
    gottagetthisdown Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    User ID: Gottagetthisdown
    Weigh in Week: Week 2
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 163
    Current Weight: 163.8
  • gottagetthisdown
    gottagetthisdown Posts: 122 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Good morning everyone, sorry for the late weigh in. I haven't been as motivated as usual. My goal was to lose 10 pounds this month, I don't know if I'm going to meet that. I hope everyone has a great week.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 said “Nice steps! Are you in the step challenge? We are posting our steps on the thread for the challenge.”

I use a Fitbit and so my steps are logged everyday but I usually only hit the 10,000 on the days when I dance for 3 hours (I’m a clogger and a line dancer). Otherwise my gym exercise doesn’t include a lot of steps so I don’t know if I’d help or hurt you guys.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for: Monday
    Logged: yes, and under
    Water: 64oz
    Exercise & Steps Leslie Sansone 20 min and 12,059 steps
    Day 9 in my string

I was proud of myself yesterday. I started getting calls early from my brother about my Mother. Just doctor appointments and scheduling. It ended up taking most of my morning and I had so many other things to do. (I really need to move her up by me) . I was really having a melt down in my head and then I just stopped. I decided to take a walk to clear my head, walked outside, realized it was freezing, turned around and came back and did a 20 min walking video instead. It was only 20 min but I got a lot of steps and some exercise in. I revamped my schedule for the day, ate, showered and then was so productive! I am so ready to throw in the towel when things go off course. It is amazing how a little exercise can help burn off that negative energy! Another busy day today, I think it will be much better after Friday. I have my first holiday event for Friday evening. It is my bunco group and I am hosting. We usually have appetizers, a big dinner and dessert. It was always just appetizers and dessert but one friend started doing a holiday dinner one year and since then everyone followed suit. I am not the best with cooking so I am doing a brunch (in the evening)and told everyone to wear either Christmas Pajamas or a holiday sweater. Everyone is really into it! I need a plan. I already know I am getting everything out of the house after it is over but a plan for the night. The picky food is the worst and hard to log. I would appreciate if anyone has any easy brunch ideas. It doesn't have to be healthy. Today, the trainer just canceled so I am going to the gym with my daughter. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

@amsandos Another good day! You are doing great!! I have to tell you, how do you have such a beautiful profile pic when it appears that you are running? I would be red, sweaty, puffy and most likely an agonized expression lol! You must be super photogenic! Great pic!

@cyndiesstuff I love the new profile pic! You look beautiful!
    That is crazy about the workers yesterday! I don’t understand why they just couldn’t let you know. Hope they are there today

@gottagetthisdown that’s not too bad of a gain. Hang in there! This is a tough time of year. You really were doing great, try to harness some of that motivation. Hugs!!

@lennoncpa Awesome steps though. I am shooting for 10k. I was as high as 15k but hit a slump with everything last year. I have slowly pulled it up from about 6k average this summer. If you want to log them, add up how many steps you took for the week and include them when you post your weekly weigh in
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    e5pn6skovtgz.jpeg

Great job in the step challenge Team Weigh No More!!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    Its just one day. I can do this for just one day. I will eat to my calorie goal. I will drink my water. I will walk my steps and I will go to the gym . This is the commitment to myself and my team. It is just one day and I will make this work, one day at a time.

I liked Cyndie's goals so I just tweeked them! Let's have a great day everyone!!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Way to go steppers! Awesome...on the top again :p

Woke up this morning at 5am. And finally...I slept! I still had to get up a lot during the night but I fell asleep by 9:30. I had such success recently with the peppermint oil that I decided to explore more essential oils. My daughter dropped off a bedtime oil that she uses. I took a hot Epsom salt bath then rubbed my wrists and bottoms of my feet with the oil. I was so stunned that it worked! Not sure if it was a coincidence or not...but as my daughter pointed out...No matter what the reason...the main point is that I slept. She is right about that but it does make me even more intrigued about aromatherapy and such Temperature at 5 am was 12 degrees. With warnings of black ice, Molly decided she was going to drive me to work again today. (Drove me yesterday with all the snow conditions). Dropped to 4 degrees when we left. Brrrrrr oh how I wish I had my camera handy. There is a little bridge we cross coming into town where I work. Rows of trees glistened and sparkled covered in a frosty glory. Gorgeous! The spider webs on the ATM were also covered in white sparkles.
    I am drinking my 16 oz of celery juice and feeling grateful to have survived 8 days of the cleanse so far. Today is my last day. Hurrah! Today is all juices. Celery, cucumber/apple and OJ. Tonight blended papaya. Everything freshly squeezed this morning and papaya prepped in the fridge.
    Last night during yoga I was able to get my palms flat on the ground in a forward bend. Haven't been able to do that in years. And the other day I almost conquered the crow pose...getting close. Hope to have it before the end of these 30 days of Adriene.
    Stay warm team and great job everyone!

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff Wooooo LOVE the new picture! You look like a winter goddess!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,421 Member
    Options
    That was seriously the most ridiculous experience lol

A. My blood pressure was crazy high so the nurse decided to take it a second time from my other arm and it was higher. She recorded the “lower” one at 149/109. O_O I was like am I dying? She said no lol and asked if I was nervous. I said yes but not THAT nervous lol. That’s literally the highest reading I’ve EVER gotten.

B. The doctor came in and we just went down a list of symptoms that I said yes or no to and asked about my medications. He asked why I was on anti depressants.. and if I’m depressed. I’m like uh... yeah? And then he asked why??!!?!? I laughed and was like uhhh I don’t know the answer to that.

C. I laid down and he poked and prodded at my abdominal area then had me sit up. He asked if he could ask me a personal question and I was like... yeah I guess?! So he asked if my childhood was good or bad?!?

D. This is the best part of the story. If you made it this far good job. I said it was pretty good and started crying LOL he was so freaked out I actually felt bad. He’s like are you tearing up??? And I said no I’m fine. And he’s like it’s ok. Don’t cry. It’s ok and put his arm around my shoulder lol so now I’m like laughing like a crazy person and crying in this doctors office with just the two of us in there and we’ve NEVER met before omg lolllll I’m seriously laughing again thinking about it. I felt so bad. Poor guy probably picked GI as his specialty so he wouldn’t have to deal with the crazies like the psych doctors.

E. After ALL OF THIS... he said he was going to order a couple of tests for me but his preliminary diagnosis is STRESS.

Omfg fml

Oh my - what an experience!!
  • carlsoda
    Options

Ughhhh... my day yesterday. So i get to work at my normal time, 8:30. I have done my job. The office is empty waiting for the workers to start the flooring job. I get a call, they are running behind. No biggie I think. At 3 oclock, some workers finally show but to just drop off the flooring. They decided to start working this morning instead of yesterday. I sat there ALL day and waited for them. I closed my office. I told them it better be done on time or I am PISSED.....

Oh my gosh - what a waste of a day. I hope today is going better for you and they are working!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Almost noon, but found a little time to check in.

Yesterday was a great day - albeit very stressful at work. But steps were good, food was good, got in my water and did 20 minutes of yoga last night.

During the most stressful time I used my USB plug in diffuser with a little lavender and it helps. Also make my office smell great :)

Today...repeat all the above except the stress part!
  • code4food
    code4food Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I know I'm late but Congrats team steppers and way to go @cassiegetsfit2013 !!
    Today was my first day back in the gym and I decided to do a light workout even though I had little sleep last night. I was tired but it still felt good to move and it's encouraging me to make wise choices today. Thanks for the kudos @sleepymom5 and @cyndiesstuff.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I just spent 30 min or so scraping snow off the driveway, literally scraping. Most of it is light powdery snow with a few spots of ice underneath. Now to do the Calendar - I'll try a modified burpee.
  • Ashleigh1178
    Ashleigh1178 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    WEEK 2
    PW: 187.4
    CW: 187.4
    Steps: 33,446

No loss. I put that down to not moving much in the last week. Nursery is shut for the whole of December, so I’m working from home. I need to start getting some excercise in!!
This discussion has been closed.