January 2019!! Monthly Challenge

Options
chinatowninchina
chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
edited February 2019 in Social Groups
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! Also welcome to everyone who is thinking OMG: I sooooooo need to loose some weight! That's me for sure to name but one!

You can post your weight here and also in the Keto Monthly Challenge Spreadsheet which Nikki has updated.

For anyone new out there; feel very welcome to join, we usually post our weigh Sundays and use the 'Keto Monthly Challenge Spreadsheet' also in 'Announcements' to track weight.

We use this thread to encourage each other and to add our weight as well if we want to and generally chat!

It's fun and it's been working and we've lost a shed load of weight between us. It seems to keep us going and even if we go up occasionally (and who doesn't!) we get back to it and continue the journey.

So here we go and welcome to the shiny New Year full of good intentions!

Tuesday 01/01. for those who want to start the New Year!
Sunday 01/06
Sunday 01/13
Sunday 01/20
Sunday 01/27
Thursday 01/31. for those who want to finish the month!

AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL........................2019 who can believe it!!

Good luck to everyone, welcome to everyone new and well done the old faithfuls!!

Replies

• zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    thank you, @chinatowninchina!
  • SunkissedBrownSugga
    Options
    @chinatowninchina Thanks for leaving this group open for others to join. I am new to Keto and plan to start on Jan 1st officially but I have been experimenting with it and intermittent fasting now. I'm trying to see during which hours. I feel fine and not thinking of food. I am also noticing when I feel truly hungry. I just need help along the way for someone who has been doing this for a while. I will be eating very mono but changing the meal each week as not to become bored. I am also wanting to start and do extreme keto as stated by Dr. Berg on YouTube. Sorry if I'm ranting on but thanks.youtu.be/mlJRSebJ0XA
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I started Keto on Dec 1. I would love to get some new ideas and recipes to move forward. Looking forward to being a part of this group.
  • kateland
    kateland Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi all, my husband, the turd, lost 50 lbs doing keto and intermittent fasting so I started a few days ago. Surprisingly, I can't believe how not hungry I am.

Question. The last two days when I was legitimately hungry, I went straight to nauseous. Is that keto flu? Or normal?
  • cass0123
    cass0123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am brand new and plan on starting Keto on New Year’s Day. I would love to join the group!
  • rpmkarting
    rpmkarting Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I’m in on this. This will help me stick to my goal. I am on pace to make my December goal happen. I am going to lower my goal for January to a 5 lb loss from what ever my lowest logged weight is in the last week.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,988 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Tuesday 01/01 TBD for those who want to start the New Year!
    Sunday 01/06
    Sunday 01/13
    Sunday 01/20
    Sunday 01/27
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    kateland wrote: »
    Hi all, my husband, the turd, lost 50 lbs doing keto and intermittent fasting so I started a few days ago. Surprisingly, I can't believe how not hungry I am.

Question. The last two days when I was legitimately hungry, I went straight to nauseous. Is that keto flu? Or normal?

Please don't allow yourself to get hungry, you shouldn't with keto so if you are getting hungry: eat! Also keep your salt intake up, there is no need for keto flu it's just lack of salts for most if not all people. Good luck and welcome!
  • cmbalint
    cmbalint Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    thank you ready to start seriously and be accountable.Happy January
  • zeeker125
    zeeker125 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the January Challenge
  • lisaloumn2
    lisaloumn2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    so excited for the new year and the end of Christmas cookie shows that has me craving cookies.

Going to be doing a Squeaky Clean Keto challenge for Jan to kick things off right (I have no affiliation to the creator - just a challenge I found).

Happy New year all!
  • xDaniDragonflyx
    xDaniDragonflyx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Definitely in for the new year! Looking forward to getting healthier, losing more weight, and feeling great! Keto on, everyone! <3
  • RNW14
    RNW14 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I’m in for the January challenge. I’ve been doing keto and intermittent fasting for 3 weeks. I have been watching my macros closely just struggling with keeping my calorie in take at 1200kcal. Looking forward to the challenge and getting to know you guys!
  • glcjosie
    glcjosie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m in, starting keto for the first time!
  • BossLindsay
    BossLindsay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm starting this new way of living from tomorrow. I'm really excited. It's my first attempt and I have a lot to learn. Good luck everyone!
  • basharath127
    basharath127 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! Also welcome to everyone who is thinking OMG: I sooooooo need to loose some weight! That's me for sure to name but one!

You can post your weight here and also in the Keto Monthly Challenge Spreadsheet which Nikki has updated.

For anyone new out there; feel very welcome to join, we usually post our weigh Sundays and use the 'Keto Monthly Challenge Spreadsheet' also in 'Announcements' to track weight.

We use this thread to encourage each other and to add our weight as well if we want to and generally chat!

It's fun and it's been working and we've lost a shed load of weight between us. It seems to keep us going and even if we go up occasionally (and who doesn't!) we get back to it and continue the journey.

So here we go and welcome to the shiny New Year full of good intentions!

Tuesday 01/01. for those who want to start the New Year!
    Sunday 01/06
    Sunday 01/13
    Sunday 01/20
    Sunday 01/27

AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL........................2019 who can believe it!!

Good luck to everyone, welcome to everyone new and well done the old faithfuls!!

I am taking up the January challenge, just started keto today...
  • valerie468
    valerie468 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Where can I find the keto spreadsheet to update my weightloss progress?
  • deekscrockwell
    deekscrockwell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to locate the spreadsheet. Can someone direct us? Thank you!
  • lisaloumn2
    lisaloumn2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Here's the link - it is pinned to the group page under Announcements "Keto Monthly Challenge Spreadsheet"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15_Wm6tiqUTRwP65I8gZWwWjWVtGgvYyj8p2gMaiWi48/edit#gid=1126703276