TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (January)

Options

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Results for December Week #4:

Team The Big Butt Theory lost the most weight the last week of December by almost double the next team (26.9 pounds vs. 14.5 pounds), but it didn't get us in the top three (we must be a bigger group!). Individually, there were no accolades either, but we did have five Big Butts lose over 0.5% of their body weight:

@CCzMini - 1.70%
    @nomorewombat - 1.44%
    @eatingfoodles - 0.94%
    @mikea2g - 0.64%
    @lozenger1984 - 0.53%

Well done to all five of you!

• mickey10111
    mickey10111 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hello team! My name is Mikayla and I am a 21 yo from NY. I’ve been apart of the mfp community since September. I had great success where I dropped from 165.4 to 158.8 over a few months but fell off track since Nov. In December I came down with a nasty virus which put me out of commission and on a diet of chicken noodle soup and toast for about 2 weeks. My current weight is sitting at 163.4.
    I’m hoping 2019 will be a new start for me. I have a few vacations planned, but I’m hoping the time I’m not away I can kick my butt (pun intended) into the healthy high gear. Good luck everyone!
  • PhatStax69
    PhatStax69 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Everything went well today.
    Calories and exercise in check.
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Sunday, December 30, 2018
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercised: Yes - 30 minutes walk/jog/run down and back my street while my kids chased me in their little car / 30 minutes chopping wood
    Steps as of posting: 12,663
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Question for anyone with a Fitbit or Fitbit type device.

How accurate do you feel the calorie burned number is? I’ve read other threads and it seems very individual, but just thought I’d get some opinions here.

Mine says on an average day with about 1 hour of working out (cardio and weights) I burn 4400-4800 calories. I’m 6’4” and 247 so my BMR is about 2140 and MFP sets my calories at 1990 to lose 2 pounds per week. I am starting to feel comfortable eating more of the calories back from exercise, but not close to half yet because I’m worried about a large discrepancy. Since I got the Fitbit im seeing a +1400 calories from exercise and it seems a bit crazy.

Anyway, curious about your experiences with this.
    Thanks in advance!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Results for December - The Grand Finale!!

The top two Biggest Losers for the month of December were both from team The Big Butt Theory!!! Congratulations to @nomorewombat for finishing first with a loss of 5.49%, and to @eatingfoodles for finishing second with a loss of 5.06%!! Very well done, you two!! Gold stars all around!!

As a team we fell off a bit near the end, and finished out of the top three. However, we did have a number of Big Butts that had a great month.....

The following lost over 2% of their body weight during December:

@nomorewombat - 5.49%
    @eatingfoodles - 5.06%
    @lozenger1984 - 3.02%
    @mikea2g - 2.86%
    @swauters - 2.56%
    @aminor55 - 2.07%
    @AlainaS0721 - 2.02%

The following lost over 1% of their body weight during December:

@xr8_kiwi - 1.85%
    @khadl07 - 1.54%
    @CCzMini - 1.42%
    @heaz10 - 1.37%

Not a bad showing at all, for the most glutenous of all the months!!

• karrihowlett
    karrihowlett Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    December 30, 2018
    Logged: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes. 55 minutes of yoga and stretching ❤️
  • HASWLRS
    edited December 2018
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    Question for anyone with a Fitbit or Fitbit type device.

How accurate do you feel the calorie burned number is? I’ve read other threads and it seems very individual, but just thought I’d get some opinions here.

Mine says on an average day with about 1 hour of working out (cardio and weights) I burn 4400-4800 calories. I’m 6’4” and 247 so my BMR is about 2140 and MFP sets my calories at 1990 to lose 2 pounds per week. I am starting to feel comfortable eating more of the calories back from exercise, but not close to half yet because I’m worried about a large discrepancy. Since I got the Fitbit im seeing a +1400 calories from exercise and it seems a bit crazy.

Anyway, curious about your experiences with this.
    Thanks in advance!

Hey, Mike. I seldom use my Fitbit to measure calories burned for a walk or a run, but when I have, it is a lot higher than what my Garmin or the MFP database would say for the same activity. I don't have the two accounts liked either.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    It's great seeing a lot of you attempting the mini challenge right out of the gate!! Seeing as I have Chinese food ordered for tomorrow's night's dinner and an Irish Cream cheesecake cooling on the counter, my mini challenge attempt will start on the 2nd of January!!
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    It's great seeing a lot of you attempting the mini challenge right out of the gate!! Seeing as I have Chinese food ordered for tomorrow's night's dinner and an Irish Cream cheesecake cooling on the counter, my mini challenge attempt will start on the 2nd of January!!

I am starting the mini challenge Jan 1. There is no way I am logging everything tomorrow. Just being realistic.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    swauters wrote: »
    HASWLRS wrote: »

I am starting the mini challenge Jan 1. There is no way I am logging everything tomorrow. Just being realistic.

You are a better woman than I. I am figuring on leftovers for the 1st and of course, french toast casserole for breakfast....that is why I said the 2nd!!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,980 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @HASWLRS, Chinese food and Irish cheesecake sounds delicious! Plus French toast casserole, sounds like a winner. All my holiday functions are over, woot hoot.
  • akwilliams1085
    akwilliams1085 Posts: 8 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    So excited to start this! I'm weighing in on Mondays, so I guess my first official weigh in is tommorow? I have had the worst indigestion & stomach problems the last couple weeks and I attribute it to letting my diet go to crap after Thanksgiving. Looking forward to feeling better & happier again.
  • khadl07
    khadl07 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Okay last week (week 4 of Dec.) - 293.6 still doing okay not losing much or gaining but I'm back on the straight and narrow today!! We are going on week of sickness which is sinuses so nothing smells good...its hard to eat healthy. We will do it this week!!
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Brandi, a 34 y/o from Tennessee. Due to being less active and not keeping track of calories (mostly drinking too much soda) I Have gained more weight than I am comfortable with. I have spent a lot of time complaining about my weight. Now, I'm ready to do something about it. I would like to lose 30 lbs and go from there.
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    logged food: no. I wasn't quite ready to start today.
    exercise: yes, I walked the dog with my daughter 2x around the neighborhood.
  • Rawrbyn
    Rawrbyn Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge:
    I'm taking today as my free day. I did 4 hours of Zumba yesterday, with 19k steps. I needed a rest day! lol
    I did, however, drop 3lbs since my last weigh in, so...that's awesome!

Last weigh in: 181
    This morning: 178
    Goal for January: 168

My big goal is to get down to 150lbs by April. That's only 28lbs, which should be completely doable! I just need to stick to it!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    December 29
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: Yes
    60 min yoga 🧘‍♀️ & meditation 🧘‍♂️
    Steps:10547
    Water: 88oz
  • ITVGuy2000
    ITVGuy2000 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello, another newbie here. My name is Harry. I live in the Philly area and have been struggling with my weight all my life. For me the losing weight is a challenge that I am up to. Keeping it off, or staying on track is the hard part. I am 59 y/o and weigh 375 (as of this morning, in spite of having a weigh-in yesterday of 370.9). I look forward to the support and accountability hopefully I will receive here. So many other things to say....
  • ITVGuy2000
    ITVGuy2000 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Anyone want to be fitbit friends as well?
This discussion has been closed.