Replies

• abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    @erikNJ Sydney cummings and has fit are gear too
  • abowersgirl
    Options
    @GrandmaJackie I agree, I love how fitness blender has a whole bunch of dedicated exercises for whatever you need...cardio, core strength, leg exercises and whole body routines and the instructors always give modifications for whatever fitness level. ❤❤
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    @erikNJ
    I love using kettlebells at home. Wether it’s the basic swing or other movements done with them, I find it to be a totally exhausting workout.

And chopping wood is kicking my butt lately. If that’s an option for you it sure is a fun way to workout.

Random, but I’m buying a slack line with all sorts of attachments for my kids and me. Should be a super fun way to workout. If you’ve got 2 trees you can put it up and pretend you’re on American ninja warrior :)

Also all the YouTube ideas are awesome too.
  • eatingfoodles
    eatingfoodles Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Last week: 169 (I believe)
    This week: 169

So I missed my goal by a pound. I guess I'll be working a little harder to make up for it!
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    ForLangston
    CW 254.8
    Looking forward to tracking this month.
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: yes
    Strength Training and stretches.
  • Heartie2Heartie
    Heartie2Heartie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @Kclee2903 I try and do Low Carb I am a type 1 diabetic and that seems to be the key for me.I do however do a little bit higher carb when I need to stabel my sugars and keep from going low at night.

@erikNJ I don't like gyms I have to do things differnt with my one hand use and leg prroblms but I get the job done I love les mills on demand and also live exercise seems to do the trick for everything. I'm not sure whats happing eaithr so nice to have family things done and my own thing going on.

My Cp has been acting up really bad so I'm just doing normal walking for my workouts until I can get back to my regular workout programs
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    January 1
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: Yes
    60 min yoga 🧘‍♀️ & meditation 🧘‍♂️
    Steps:4889
    Water: 88oz
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I will definitely be looking up a bunch of these videos.
    And kettlebells was a great idea. I actually have them in my basement and used to enjoy that so I will be dusting those off.
    I honestly don’t dislike the gym, just gonna wait out til it isnt so busy that I cant get on any machines I want.
  • erikNJ
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    1/2
    tracked: yes
    calories: yes
    exercise: yes, yoga and some housework

Sun: no
    Mon: no
    Tue: no
    Wed: yes
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge
    1/2
    Tracked - yes
    Under - no
    Exercise - no (battling killer cold)

Question: How do you handle it when the family wants to order pizza instead of having the planned meal for dinner? It’s something I struggle with on a regular basis and I can’t find a good solution.
  • Nicoletime4me
    Nicoletime4me Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    January 2, 2019
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- yes
    Exercise- yes (Leslie Sansone workout video)
  • mikea2g
    edited January 2019
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »
    Mini challenge
    1/2
    Tracked - yes
    Under - no

Question: How do you handle it when the family wants to order pizza instead of having the planned meal for dinner? It’s something I struggle with on a regular basis and I can’t find a good solution.

Bummer on the cold. I have a lingering one now and they’re no fun.

If you can’t get the family on board for regular dinner, I would suggest just order the pizza and make your own dinner. I do it quite often. It definitely makes it harder having the other food around, but the sacrifice, repeated often, yields results. That or have some of the pizza, just make it fit into your calorie goal.

If the question is more about getting the family to eat good healthy planned meals then I have no good advice. I just spent an hour struggling with my almost 4 year old to eat dinner. She ended up having a cheese stick and some cucumber. Not bad, but not what I spent an hour making.
  • mikea2g
    Options
    PhatStax69 wrote: »
    Jan. 2, 2019
    Exercise and Calories were a disaster today.

I woke up with my back hurting, no reason why, so I couldn't exercise. That through me in a downward spiral and I just went crazy with junk food today. I ate 5000 calories and was over 3500 calories today.

Upside is you tracked. :)

Downward spirals totally suck. Just so your best to forget it and start fresh in the morning.
  • abowersgirl
    edited January 2019
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    Mini challenge
    1/2
    Tracked - yes
    Under - no

If you can’t get the family on board for regular dinner, I would suggest just order the pizza and make your own dinner. I do it quite often. It definitely makes it harder having the other food around, but the sacrifice, repeated often, yields results. That or have some of the pizza, just make it fit into your calorie goal.

I agree @pkg1998 . This is what i do;
    1. I tend to make my own dinner and when the pizza arrives, if I am really feeling as if the smell will be a trigger, i take the dog for a walk or do something else to keep my mind off of it, even just go into another room...ask my family to put away what they have eaten when they are done and then eat my own food
    2. I will make an extra large vegetable plate (salad or whatever) and overkill it eating that first and last between pizzas (i usually take the smallest piece if im not sure i might go for another or a large piece if i am sure thats enough...sometimes taking a smaller piece but having two will make you feel as if you are having more rather than the equivalant of a big piece) to help fill me. When I do this I also drink a lot of water a half hour before the pizza arrives and after I eat, this will help you feel full faster...but obvious only if I have the calories for it
    3. I don't know if this works...but it might, try using a smaller dish...the bigger the plate the bigger the trick on your appetite...the smaller the plate, the more likely you will feel full faster. It's like playing a trick on your brain

I hope this helps, if I think of anything else I might tend to do to stay away I will post it

This happens way too often for my liking in my house as well so I don't have any pointers to stop it, besides maybe cooking dinner in a crockpot before work or something so it's ready to go when you get home.
  • pkg1998
    Options
    Mini challenge
    1/2
    Tracked - yes
    Under - no

If the question is more about getting the family to eat good healthy planned meals then I have no good advice. I just spent an hour struggling with my almost 4 year old to eat dinner. She ended up having a cheese stick and some cucumber. Not bad, but not what I spent an hour making.

Thanks for the advice. I think I really need to have another option available for me. I would love to have them eat healthier too but that’s another battle all together.
  • pkg1998
    Options
    Mini challenge
    1/2
    Tracked - yes
    Under - no

I agree @pkg1998 . This is what i do;
    1. I tend to make my own dinner and when the pizza arrives, if I am really feeling as if the smell will be a trigger, i take the dog for a walk or do something else to keep my mind off of it, even just go into another room...ask my family to put away what they have eaten when they are done and then eat my own food
    2. I will make an extra large vegetable plate (salad or whatever) and overkill it eating that first and last between pizzas (i usually take the smallest piece if im not sure i might go for another or a large piece if i am sure thats enough...sometimes taking a smaller piece but having two will make you feel as if you are having more rather than the equivalant of a big piece) to help fill me. When I do this I also drink a lot of water a half hour before the pizza arrives and after I eat, this will help you feel full faster...but obvious only if I have the calories for it
    3. I don't know if this works...but it might, try using a smaller dish...the bigger the plate the bigger the trick on your appetite...the smaller the plate, the more likely you will feel full faster. It's like playing a trick on your brain

I hope this helps, if I think of anything else I might tend to do to stay away I will post it

This happens way too often for my liking in my house as well so I don't have any pointers to stop it, besides maybe cooking dinner in a crockpot before work or something so it's ready to go when you get home.

Crockpot is a great idea. That way even if they still want pizza at least I’ll still have something healthier for me to eat without a lot of effort.
  • akwilliams1085
    akwilliams1085 Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    1/2/19 (lol had to edit because I wrote 2018, will prob be doing that for a couple weeks lol)
    Calories: Yes :D
    Track: Yes :D
    Excersise: Yes :D (30 minutes on the treadmill)

• erikNJ
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Mini challenge
    1/2
    Tracked - yes
    Under - no

I think the only option is to have healthier foods available at all times. It is easier for me cause it is only me and my wife in the house. We don’t keep anything unhealthy in the house at all. If we want a “cheat meal” we have to go out to get it. I know this may not be easy for larger households.
    We do have struggles when we go to family houses. There is never ever ever a healthy option at our families houses, unfortunately. If we don’t want to eat those foods but still want to see family we always plan our meals before and after accordingly.

Another possibility, mostly every pizza shop near me makes a salad as well. If that is the same for you maybe you could get them to order you a salad while they enjoy the pizza?
This discussion has been closed.