@BecklynH 3 - Tue

COULD WE PLEASE GET IN FOR POSTING
    THANKS LADIES
    GREG
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the birthday wishes, all!!

Happy birthday!! Sounds like a big milestone for many reasons. Enjoy!
    HEY TEAM THIS CHALLENGER HAS BEE ASSIGNED TO US
    PLEASE WELCOME @Mrsla01 AND MAKE A PART OF TEAM WORKOUT WARRIORS
    THANKS GREG

@Mrsla01
    MFP Name: Mrsla01
    [quote="mrsla01;c-43079348"
    Weigh In: Sundays
    Starting: 224
    [/quote]

Welcome @mrsla01 !

• megnolia82
    Options
    Just want to check that I’m ok to be posting steps in the step challenge thread and not here? Do we need them here too?

Drink TIL you shrink is my new mantra! I’m doing great on my water. All it took was a little conscious behaviour and I’m on it!

Weigh in tomorrow. This morning was my highest weight ever. I’ve had a crazy holiday week but have been very disciplined for the last few days so I know I’ll be on the way back down.
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    @steplaj That dog is adorable!! He's grown a lot already! And I'm sitting here drinking hot tea getting my extra water in. I need it today, because after a loss on the scale this morning I blew my carbs and calories out of the water with fast food for lunch. I'm kind of glad it's the last day of winter break for us and we are back to regularly scheduled programming in the morning!!
  • rheaj1991
    rheaj1991 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Melissa!
    Welcome, Nikki!

I am sitting here thinking about eating chocolate that is sitting on the table 5 feet away. But my Fitbit won’t sync with mfp to update my activity! What to do?! Lol

I hope your back gets feeling better soon, Beka! Keep plugging away, Greg!

I've had to unsync them both from the MFP and Fitbit end then reconnect the accounts.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    It's my birthday and I am having a carb fest today. Not over on calories, just eating what I want today. I am 50, by many miracles of God. (I mean that, they told my mom I wouldn't live to be 6 months old because I was a preemie and not gaining weight. Then I had a TBI at 7 and vividly remember waking from a coma, since then I have been in a couple of car accidents that I shouldn't have walked away from as well.)

Happy happy birthday!!!
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Jan 1st, ate under Calories, exercised but only 1.3 liters of water

Jan 2nd ate under Calories, exercised but 😥😥 a little over 1.6 liters of water
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options

molxfkzpzqw1.png
    31st : done (that was easy 😛😛 lol)
    1st: done ran for 1.5 and walked the rest
    2nd done ran 3 walked the rest

• NikMar
    NikMar Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    OK, first things first.....

Username: NikMar
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Week: 1
    Previous weight: 142.5lb
    Current weight: 143.7lb

I think I managed to somehow steer clear of a major gain seeing that I have eaten exactly what I wanted over the last couple of weeks, not worrying about calories, saturated fat or amount of sodium! I've also had plenty to drink, but I'm not sure if glasses of wine count in any kind of water challenge! ;)
  • NikMar
    NikMar Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for such a lovely welcome! I've spent a bit of time reading through the team chat and I have been so moved by the positivity and strength of the comments I have read - what an amazing and supportive group of people!

As @steplaj mentioned, I'm not new to the F2F challenge, but I'm in need of a major 'butt kicking' to get myself back on track and succeed in my challenge to lose at least 14lb. Whilst this may not be much, I am not the tallest of people and I am extremely good at self-sabotage, with a mindset of 'only one (chocolate / cake / biscuit / slice of bread / portion of butter) won't hurt'! Obviously, I need to address this, but I'm not very good at saying 'no'!

A little about me....
    I'm 47 years young, married to a lovely man - who is far too good at cooking for his own good! I don't have any children or pets (but can appreciate them from a far), which would be too much like bringing my work home - as I am a secondary school teacher. :D

I keep active by going to body combat classes twice a week (love it!), going swimming once a week and trying to walk as much as I can - making sure I do at least 10,000 steps a day - walking around the house several times if needed! I'm not so good at drinking enough water, as I can't leave my classes to go for a toilet dash!

I have tried various diet methods including weight watchers - which was very successful but I was always hungry, and CICO - I ended up far too obsessed with how many steps I was doing and then eating into the calories gained, rather than staying under the calorie target. I'm now going to look into slimming world, as this seems less about the calories, but more about eating fruit, vegetables and protein.

My resolutions for this year are to:
    * Get below 140lb - by tracking what I actually eat (rather than what I think I've eaten)
    * Drink more water - any suggestions on how to do this, would be gratefully received (does drinking tea count?)
    * Increase my sleep average - 7h 22min (although this is lower during the week)
    * Increase my activity levels - I need to think about what I want to do with this
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    NikMar wrote: »

* Drink more water - any suggestions on how to do this, would be gratefully received (does drinking tea count?)
    /quote]

I made a deal with my doctor years ago that I can have as much coffee as I want as long as drink that much water. So, no, I would think tea doesn't count. And I think you could try alternating them, which works for me.

I know she thought I would drink less coffee if I drank more water, but it hasn't worked out that way. I drink somewhere in the neighborhood of 80 ounces of coffee daily and somewhere in the neighborhood of 90 ounces of water.

I start with a 20oz mug of black coffee. When my IF hours are over (I do 13:11 most days), I add cream to my coffee and drink 8 oz at a time because it is a a good excuse to walk around my office to get more. I will drink 24 oz of water between now and the next coffee.
  • rheaj1991
    rheaj1991 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for such a lovely welcome! I've spent a bit of time reading through the team chat and I have been so moved by the positivity and strength of the comments I have read - what an amazing and supportive group of people!

As @steplaj mentioned, I'm not new to the F2F challenge, but I'm in need of a major 'butt kicking' to get myself back on track and succeed in my challenge to lose at least 14lb. Whilst this may not be much, I am not the tallest of people and I am extremely good at self-sabotage, with a mindset of 'only one (chocolate / cake / biscuit / slice of bread / portion of butter) won't hurt'! Obviously, I need to address this, but I'm not very good at saying 'no'!

A little about me....
    I'm 47 years young, married to a lovely man - who is far too good at cooking for his own good! I don't have any children or pets (but can appreciate them from a far), which would be too much like bringing my work home - as I am a secondary school teacher. :D

I keep active by going to body combat classes twice a week (love it!), going swimming once a week and trying to walk as much as I can - making sure I do at least 10,000 steps a day - walking around the house several times if needed! I'm not so good at drinking enough water, as I can't leave my classes to go for a toilet dash!

I have tried various diet methods including weight watchers - which was very successful but I was always hungry, and CICO - I ended up far too obsessed with how many steps I was doing and then eating into the calories gained, rather than staying under the calorie target. I'm now going to look into slimming world, as this seems less about the calories, but more about eating fruit, vegetables and protein.

* Get below 140lb - by tracking what I actually eat (rather than what I think I've eaten)
    * Increase my activity levels - I need to think about what I want to do with this

Welcome Nikki! Suggestions for increasing water consumption that have worked for me are:

Getting a big water bottle and keep with you at all times. Mine is 1L. I only need to refill it about twice a day to get to my water goal.

Replacing sugary drinks with water with a little lemon juice. That took a while for me to get used to. I was a huge juice drinker but cut it out by slowly diluting juice more and more until just a hint of flavor like what would be in lemon water was good enough for me.

If you don't like the taste of water then infused water is another option. There are many recipes on Pinterest to get some interesting flavors.

I'm afraid I can't help with the need to use the bathroom after all that water though!
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Daily Check in for 1/2/19

Went to the Dr's... I have a nice little upper respiratory infection. Doc says they are going around and are lasting about 2-3 weeks before feeling back to normal. Oh good lord, three weeks of feeling this fatigue and coughing my face off... Good Times :s:o:o
    Any how, I can 't use this as a reason to put of starting over again so here I go...
    Water: 160oz
    Calories: 1238 out of the 1560 goal
    Exercise: 30 minutes on the treadmill
    Steps: 7011 total - 4166 were from a healthy pace(while I am not in the challenge I figured I should still be accountable)

Happy Friday Eve Warriors- Slay all day!!
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    THIS IS CURRENT LIST I GOT FOR THE JANUARY STEP CHALLENGE
    IF YOU ARE NO LONGER INTERESTED IN IT PLEASE LET ME KNOW
    THIS IS A DAILY OR BI DAILY REPORT SO WE CAN KEEP UP WITH THE LOGGING OF IT.

@boehle
    @chardonais21
    @gutcutter500
    @abowersgirl
    @megnolia82
    @melissafeagins
    @navydaddjtc
    @rheaj1991
    @steplaj
    @iamworthy14
    THANK GREG

I'm interested
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the birthday wishes, all!!

Happy belated Birthday!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends! I am convinced "we are our thoughts". So today say only positive things to yourself like "I look amazing" "I am so thin!" "I feel great" "Life loves me and I love life" "I can't wait to have that green salad" :) Have a wonderful day !
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING TEAM
    WELCOME TO @NikMar you made the right choice coming over to the Warriors. I feel your pain as a teacher who can't get to the head. My wife is a teacher 4th grade and she is in a dry portable (no head) and she too can't drink a lot water for that reason.

• megnolia82
    Options
    Weigh in January week 1

I’m on a roll so I know I’ll see a big drop soon.
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

Nikki

We actually have a saying for this - "DRINK TIL YOU SHRINK"... The way that works best for me is to simply keep water in front of me at all times, when I see the drink, I drink. Then, I try to down at least 3-20 oz bottles of water in between during the day. My goal is to hit a minimum of 120 ounces of water a day. One tell that you are getting enough water is that your urine will actually become clear. If your urine has color, it is safe to say, your not drinking enough.

@NikMar - you also mentioned tea. While I do count black (no sugar or cream) team or coffee with my water intake for logging, I do not factor it in for my daily water goal.

xtww61zz73qq.jpg

• steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    quiarga wrote: »
    @steplaj That dog is adorable!! He's grown a lot already! And I'm sitting here drinking hot tea getting my extra water in. I need it today, because after a loss on the scale this morning I blew my carbs and calories out of the water with fast food for lunch. I'm kind of glad it's the last day of winter break for us and we are back to regularly scheduled programming in the morning!!

Casey, I was thinking about you when I created the YETI MEME...

Yes, Pepper is getting big, she is about 45 or so pounds now and is so full of energy. She has learned commands sit, down, here, Nani (bed) for crate, and is staying pretty solid for a good 30+ seconds before getting inpatient. She is now riding in the truck with me quite a bit.

Don't worry about those carbs, just work em' off and get back on track. Remember, push that water... Happy New Year - 2019 is going to be our year!

This discussion has been closed.