TEAM WAISTAWAYS JANUARY 2019 TEAM CHAT

Replies

• sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,684 Member
    Worked on a lot of stretching. Still very sore and bruised.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,239 Member
    @sue_01 @ltfitz89 @Bear479

Congrats to all on your losses this week. Great start to the New year!
  • orngnerdz
    orngnerdz Posts: 583 Member
    jan110144 wrote: »
    @sue_01 @ltfitz89 @Bear479

Congrats to all on your losses this week. Great start to the New year!

I second that, great job everyone!!

Yesterday was another good day for me. I ate well all day and had a great session at the gym. It started with an introduction to a new challenge at my gym where we are trying to gain lean muscle and lose fat through the use of supplements (and diet and workouts) within 28 days. I met with the owner of my gym and we went over several things and I am excited to see if I can up my game. I was worried before that he was going to try and sell me on everything the company had, but he was reasonable. I think we settled on a product that I drink during workouts to lessen my soreness, a supplement that will help me sleep better and an afternoon "fat burner" supplement that will help me curb my cravings (for peanut butter and chips). And, the best part is, my husband gets to join for six weeks for $50. I am over the moon that he is going to be going to the gym with me!

During my workout, the focus yesterday was deadlifts and strengthening my back. I LOVE deadlifts and I am getting better at them. I am very fortunate that I have a trainer that is patient and understands when I don't get something. Not only does she show me how to do it properly, she shows me how I'm doing it wrong so that I can fix it. While the other trainers at my gym are great, they don't get me as much as Aurora does and I am grateful that I get to work with her so often. I I think I mentioned it before that she made me a workout on the fly, well yesterday she had FOUR workouts that I can do throughout the month, because she is amazing.

Today is a rest day since I've done strength the last three days. I am less sore than I anticipated but I think it's because I'm doing my exercises right now instead of trying to do them on my own. Happy Friday everyone!
  • Inspire2019
    Inspire2019 Posts: 6 Member
    Inspire2019
    Week: 1
    Weigh in Day: Friday
    Previous weight: 251.8
    Current weight: 248

Considering I still weighed 251.8 on Tuesday of this week - I’ll take it!!!
  • orngnerdz
    @Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong and @Inspire2019 excellent start to the month with great losses! Keep up the good work!
  • orngnerdz
    edited January 2019
    Username: iluvnufoods
    Weigh in week: 1
    Weigh in day: Tuesdays
    Previous weight:
    Current weight: 178.2 lbs

This is my first week doing one of these challenges (and trying to seriously lose weight.) I'm feeling a bit nervous. I'm trying to shake the self doubt so that I can finally start working towards my goals.

@iluvnufoods it can be scary starting something new, I know I was TERRIFIED when I started back in June. It was super rewarding when I pushed through the fear and got into a groove. What are your goals and do you have a method/way you are working toward them (gym vs at home or specific diet plan)? We are here to help and support you in any way you want/need. You CAN do this!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    BMcC9
    Weigh In Fridays
    Jan. Wk 2

PW: 144.4
    CW: 143.7
  • BMcC9
    And that's not the lowest I was across the week .... AND that's more that 0.5 down despite weighing in about 4 hours EARLIER this morning! ( I am practicing getting up and "out the door in good time" before heading back to the office on Monday o:) )
  • BMcC9
    edited January 2019
    Group challenge Day 2 done.

7 minutes ultra-intense HIIT program setting on my exercise bike. (5 pairs of alternating 42 second lowest-highest resistance setting)

I am also "practicing to see if I can fit this in before heading out the door for work in good time" So far, so good o:) .... so long as I don't crack a book OR turn on MFP >:)

Yesterday after supper I did a second HIIT session (7 minutes), and I can still walk today. So lets see how 7 & 7 goes for a few days (in addition to my default afternoon cardio)

REAL Reality hits on Monday .... I'm trying to soften the blow ....
  • orngnerdz
    edited January 2019
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    BMcC9
    Weigh In Fridays
    Jan. Wk 2

PW: 144.4
    CW: 143.7

@BMcC9 nice loss and start to the year! :)

My real reality started this Wednesday and it hasn't been an easy transition! I really enjoyed winter break and my ability to sleep when I wanted and go to the gym when I wanted. Being back to work from 7-3 everyday makes that harder ;) I also have too much junk food at work that I was given as holiday presents. The thought was sweet but I'm trying not to eat it all! I know I should just throw it away but... lol
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    What a Friday everyone! The weigh-ins have been logged so far. AND they are looking great! I think our new year energy is getting in gear.

Still hoping for weigh-ins from:

@GettingFitTash
    @AmyHammons1
    @Raven9145
    @Blackbeautysue

and, of course, the rest of the Friday crowd:

@asheetagupte7272
    @bandxgeek13
    @Connie7355
    @mbeweyasmin815

I hope I have not missed any - just let me know if I have. We're almost done with WEEK 1. How did that happen?
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    I’m doing well on my intake and my exercise. I did manage to injured my shoulder a bit though so I’m going to have to lay off upper body work for a few days. Went to an HIT class again today, and because of my sore shoulder only burned about 370 cal. But later on in the day I put 15 minutes on the stationary bike

I do a daily way in, so far nothing has registered but that is not surprising and doesn’t distress me. We will see what the official weigh-in day brings (Sunday).
  • BMcC9
    Group challenge Day 2 done.

7 minutes ultra-intense HIIT program setting on my exercise bike. (5 pairs of alternating 42 second lowest-highest resistance setting)

I am also "practicing to see if I can fit this in before heading out the door for work in good time" So far, so good o:) .... so long as I don't crack a book OR turn on MFP >:)

Yesterday after supper I did a second HIIT session (7 minutes), and I can still walk today. So lets see how 7 & 7 goes for a few days (in addition to my default afternoon cardio)

REAL Reality hits on Monday .... I'm trying to soften the blow ....

UUUmmmmmmm .... a late-delivery Christmas present arrived for me today - a BOOK (that I have never read before - a rarity in this house - by a most favorite classic author ) .... so the ante just went up on the "So far, so good o:) .... so long as I don't crack a book >:) " part
  • jugar
    @Andreabroadley sounds like a good time to go easy on your shoulder (remember to spell it without the "er" and know that you should be careful!!) and work those legs for all they're worth. We'll both see how things are on Sunday - it is also my weigh-in day. I think it will be a small loss but at least a loss this week. :smile:

@BMcC9 beware the BOOK!! But enjoy it too... don't we love how complicated this can be?
  • BMcC9
    jugar wrote: »
    @BMcC9 beware the BOOK!! But enjoy it too... don't we love how complicated this can be?

So long as I read it at home AFTER WORK, that's OK .....

now, do I finish up the current re-re-re-read that I KNOW what will happen in, or set it aside and jump STRAIGHT into the new one?

(I have been known to have 2 or 3 books going simultaneously in the past - one beside my bed at night / one for main-floor / one for bus commuting&lunchtime at the office. But I changed positions ~ a year ago and drive to work now, so lost significant reading time in the process ...
  • jugar
    jugar wrote: »
    But I changed positions ~ a year ago and drive to work now, so lost significant reading time in the process ...

Audiobooks! Best commuting thing ever.
  • bandxgeek13
    bandxgeek13 Posts: 780 Member
    Team leaders - I will be dropping out of this challenge for now. Thanks for all of the support and good luck to everyone!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    eg11dhg00ypv.png

I just wanted to officially welcome everyone to the January F2F Challenge. Our moderators have all been busy these past weeks and we have gotten behind with a few things here and there but things should be getting back on track moving forward. I wanted to give a massive shout out to our great friend Greg @Navydaddjtc for his amazing job taking care of almost EVERYTHING during our January registrations! We could not have gotten our month started without you Greg!!

giphy.gif

I would also like to wish you all a Happy New Year 2019!

May dumbbells and barbells always are by your side. May fitness always be embedded in your stride. May you never miss your gym sessions. May you always have tons of motivation. Happy New Year!!

happy-new-year-animated-gif-3.gif
This discussion has been closed.