Replies

• CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh in:
    Username: CourtneyLomonaco
    PW: 148
    CW: 151

Going to blame TOM for this one. Food hasn't been the greatest, but I have been kicking butt with my exercise.
  • kathleenford04
    kathleenford04 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Kathleenford04
    PW:168
    CW: 168

I’m okay with this. I think I’ll see a loss soon!
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »

I’ve had LaCroix, don’t mind the taste but definitely like the Clear American better. I also just got a soda stream to make my own carbonated water. Will let you know how I like it once I make some.

I've got a soda stream and I use it to make carbonated water, and I'll admit, I really only use it for vodka sodas lol.
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in
    Username: Batgirl140
    Weigh in week: Jan Week 1
    PW: 240.6
    CW: 241.2

Honestly a little gain from over the holidays is ok with me. Considering I hadn’t started putting a concerted effort in until yesterday, I didn’t do too bad!
  • SaletaS
    SaletaS Posts: 33 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Thursday, January 3rd
    Tracked: Yes
    Under Calories
    Exercise: Yes, leg day for an hour.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,805 Member
    Options
    Thursday check in
    Calories-under
    Water-over
    Exercise-walking over 11000 steps
    snowing again today. More walking today and later today snow shoveling.
  • AB0215
    Options
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »
    Username: ssssanaaaa
    Week: January Week 1
    Weigh-in Day: Friday
    PW: 183.0
    CW: 181.7

@ssssanaaaa Nice!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Weekly weigh in 1st week
    Username: Lucianaflo16
    PW: 189.5
    CW: 186.7

@Lucianaflo16 Awesome!
  • AB0215
    Options
    batgirl140 wrote: »
    Weekly weigh in
    Username: Batgirl140
    Weigh in week: Jan Week 1
    PW: 240.6
    CW: 241.2

Honestly a little gain from over the holidays is ok with me. Considering I hadn’t started putting a concerted effort in until yesterday, I didn’t do too bad!

@batgirl140 Hang in there :smile:
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Tigermom19 wrote: »

@Tigermom19 Have you tried Zevia sodas?

no, I haven't. I tried LaCroix, and it tastes like electricity! I need a sweet substitute, so I
    will look for those. Thanks for the suggestion! Seriously, it's a psychological addiction, and physical. I think if I make a switch to something that I like, but just a little less, like sweet tea, then I can break myself of the soda habit.

It's all a mental game--- retraining our minds' relationship with eating food, how eat, what we eat, when we eat and how much we eat. I've been at this for over 3 years now--- 80lbs down and still training myself with new habits. For me it's sweets--- sugar! Finding alternatives is your best bet and I think you're right---you need to still allow yourself to eat a bit of what you love, or else all bets are off--- we can't stick to it long term if it feels like a life sentence of misery.

I also am a big fan of stevia drops (though they are expensive)--- but I add them to my morning coffee or plain fat free greek yogurt---just about anything. Swerve is another great zero sugar sweet alternative to try.

Hope you're having a great week---keep at it---we got this!!
  • kathleenford04
    kathleenford04 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Friday

Track: yes
    Calories: yes, I give myself 200 extra calories on Fridays because I work an active job
    Exercise: 4 hours on my feet handling horses and doing barn chores at the hippo therapy center I work at on Fridays.
  • batgirl140
    Options
    Daily post Friday 1/4

Track: Yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Yes. Two days in a row! 45 min on the treadmill I did 2 miles. Not very fast but as best my knees would do today. I used to walk a 15 min mile, hopefully get back to that one day!
  • Tigermom19
    Tigermom19 Posts: 13 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »

no, I haven't. I tried LaCroix, and it tastes like electricity! I need a sweet substitute, so I
    will look for those. Thanks for the suggestion! Seriously, it's a psychological addiction, and physical. I think if I make a switch to something that I like, but just a little less, like sweet tea, then I can break myself of the soda habit.

@Tigermom19 I don't like LaCroix either, they don't taste great to me (unless I add vodka to it) I like the Clear American brand from Walmart, those ones are sweeter tasting and pretty cheap.

@ABO215 I'll have to look for those!

• IanMoone30
    IanMoone30 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    After yesterday check in I put the n everything I eat and even tho I knew it was more than I should have. I didn’t realize that it was more than twice than my set amount. The scale definitely was not liking me this morning. I just undid my whole week in one day
    Track yes
    Calories over again I hate days off
    Exercise no
  • Tigermom19
    Tigermom19 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »

@Tigermom19 Have you tried Zevia sodas?

It's all a mental game--- retraining our minds' relationship with eating food, how eat, what we eat, when we eat and how much we eat. I've been at this for over 3 years now--- 80lbs down and still training myself with new habits. For me it's sweets--- sugar! Finding alternatives is your best bet and I think you're right---you need to still allow yourself to eat a bit of what you love, or else all bets are off--- we can't stick to it long term if it feels like a life sentence of misery.

I also am a big fan of stevia drops (though they are expensive)--- but I add them to my morning coffee or plain fat free greek yogurt---just about anything. Swerve is another great zero sugar sweet alternative to try.

Hope you're having a great week---keep at it---we got this!!

@SLIMn2016 I have learned that it can't be an all or nothing approach for sure. Just starting is what's so hard for me!
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: January 4th

Calories under goal:Yes
    Exercise: Yes. 46 minutes on the exercise bike (11 miles) + 5,000 steps walking today

I've really been struggling with being motivated to work out the last few days. I think it's because I was off from work for 10 days and I'm now trying to get back in the swing of things.
  • batgirl140
    Options
    Daily Post: January 4th

Calories under goal:Yes
    Exercise: Yes. 46 minutes on the exercise bike (11 miles) + 5,000 steps walking today

I've really been struggling with being motivated to work out the last few days. I think it's because I was off from work for 10 days and I'm now trying to get back in the swing of things.

Just out of your routine is all. You’ll get back into the swing soon I’m sure!

• AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday)

Calories: Yes, fasting.
    Exercise:Yes, 60 mins weight training.

Comments: Good day, hoping the scale reflects my hard work this week. I finished my workouts for the week today, despite my soreness, pretty happy with that and it was good.
This discussion has been closed.