mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options

MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Saturday, January 5, 2018
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercised: yes - 20 minute walk
    Steps as of posting: 8,135

Had an avocado today, forgot how yummy those things are. Normally don’t eat one because it is super high calories and doesn’t fill me up at all. It was a nice snack with some cucumber.

Been going slow with irritated knee. Was a bit of a couch potato today. At one point I thought MFP would start deducting calories. I managed enough activity and steps to earn my light active status in the end :)
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    MINI CHALLENGE

Had an avocado today, forgot how yummy those things are. Normally don’t eat one because it is super high calories and doesn’t fill me up at all. It was a nice snack with some cucumber.

Been going slow with irritated knee. Was a bit of a couch potato today. At one point I thought MFP would start deducting calories. I managed enough activity and steps to earn my light active status in the end :)

What is a "light active status"? Is that with a premium account? If yes, di you think having a premium account has helped you?
  • mickey10111
    mickey10111 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hello! Happy Saturday.

Mini Challenge 1/5
    Tracking: Yes
    Calories: No
    Exercise: Light Mall walking, probably 20 minutes total.

Today was a meh day of eating and no formal exercise at the gym. Already missing the good food and getting a good workout in. I’m back at it tomorrow!
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Jan. 5

Tracked yes
    Cals. Yes
    Exercise yes

Sunday no
    Monday no
    Tuesday yes
    Wednesday yes
    Thursday no
    Friday yes
    Saturday yes
  • Rawrbyn
    Rawrbyn Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN:
    Last weigh in: 178
    Yesterday(Today...still Saturday to me...lol): 177

MINI CHALLENGE:
    January 5
    Tracking: ✅
    Calories: ✅
    Exercise: ✅ Taught Zumba for 55 minutes, lifted weights, then practiced Zumba. Ended up staying in the gym for 3 1/2 hours. haha
  • MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    January 2 WEDNESDAY
    Calories - yes
    Tracking - yes
    Exercise - no
    Steps - 6728
    Water - 800ml

January 3 THURSDAY
    Calories - yes
    Tracking - yes
    Exercise - 235 Active Minutes - Night Shift
    Steps - 16913
    Water - 2000ml

January 4 FRIDAY
    Calories - yes
    Tracking - yes
    Exercise - no - 33 Active Minutes
    Steps - 13084
    Water - 1500ml

January 5 SATURDAY
    Calories - yes
    Tracking - no
    Exercise - 159-Active Minutes - Night Shift
    Steps - 18923
    Water - 2000ml
  • mikea2g
    Options
    swauters wrote: »
    MINI CHALLENGE

What is a "light active status"? Is that with a premium account? If yes, di you think having a premium account has helped you?

@swauters
    When you set your profile up you choose your estimated activity level. (Sedentary, lightly active, active). Each one gives you different calorie goals to lose the weight you want. So for me, I get 1990 calories to lose 2 pounds per week at lightly active level. I have negative calories turned on so if I’m not moving my Fitbit reports my bad behavior to MFP and I end up as low as 1700 allowable calories(which is what I think sedentary status gives me to lose 2 pounds per week).

Probably just over explained unnecessarily, but hey, do what you’re good at, right? :)

Also, not a premium member. I’ve never looked into it’s benefits as I’m pretty happy and getting what I need from the free version. The thing that has helped me most is this group and now my Fitbit (of course I’m doing challenges with people from this group, so it all comes back to the big butters! )
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

@mikea2g
    How do you turn on “negative” calories? I have mine connected to Fitbit too and I think this would be a good incentive to keep moving.
  • pkg1998
    Options
    Weekly weigh-in:
    January 6 - 221.6 lbs

Pleased with the results considering I didn’t exercise this week.
  • pkg1998
    Options
    Mini challenge 1/5:

Tracking - yes
    Under - yes (just barely)
    Exercise - no
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    username: eminater
    W/I day: Sunday
    Weight: 207.2 lbs :sweat:
  • mikea2g
    Options
    pkg1998 wrote: »

@mikea2g
    How do you turn on “negative” calories? I have mine connected to Fitbit too and I think this would be a good incentive to keep moving.

@pkg1998
    I couldn’t do it from the app. Had to log into MFP on my computer and enabled them in settings / diary settings(something along those lines).

It is very motivating to get that little extra movement in. I almost always start the day with negative 200 then earn those back as I move more. The downside is I feel Fitbit is over estimating my calorie burn. On days I log 10-15k steps and do some light exercise I’m getting 4400-4800 as my burn number. I try to eat back no more than half(often less) of my “exercise” calories given by the Fitbit adjustment.
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    1/5:
    Tracking: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes 45 minute walk
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    1/6
    tracked: no
    calories: no
    exercise: yes, starting the morning with an hour at the gym

Eagles playoff game this afternoon so I am not tracking because it won’t be the healthiest. But with playoffs you never know if it’s the last time to enjoy them for 8 months. Glad I’m starting the morning at the gym to fight some of the bad though.

Sun: no
  • swauters
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Mini Challenge
    1/6
    tracked: no
    calories: no
    exercise: yes, starting the morning with an hour at the gym

Eagles playoff game this afternoon so I am not tracking because it won’t be the healthiest. But with playoffs you never know if it’s the last time to enjoy them for 8 months. Glad I’m starting the morning at the gym to fight some of the bad though.

Sun: no

Haha. Your last bit about the sun made me chuckle.
    Try eating the way you would but still logging it. It might not be as bad as you think and if it is at least you know you can be honest with yourself.
  • swauters
    Options
    swauters wrote: »
    MINI CHALLENGE

@swauters
    When you set your profile up you choose your estimated activity level. (Sedentary, lightly active, active). Each one gives you different calorie goals to lose the weight you want. So for me, I get 1990 calories to lose 2 pounds per week at lightly active level. I have negative calories turned on so if I’m not moving my Fitbit reports my bad behavior to MFP and I end up as low as 1700 allowable calories(which is what I think sedentary status gives me to lose 2 pounds per week).

Probably just over explained unnecessarily, but hey, do what you’re good at, right? :)

Also, not a premium member. I’ve never looked into it’s benefits as I’m pretty happy and getting what I need from the free version. The thing that has helped me most is this group and now my Fitbit (of course I’m doing challenges with people from this group, so it all comes back to the big butters! )

Huh. I have been on MFP for a super long time, just on and off. I never go back and look at settings. I should since I am sure things change over a decade. I didnt even kmow about negative calories.

I would love to do challenges with people in this group but have a garmin tracker instead of a fitbit. Bummer.

Thanks for the info.
  • karrihowlett
    karrihowlett Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    January 5, 2019
    Tracking: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: Walking/hiking 2.5 hours
  • kathamh
    kathamh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Will do beter w exercise soon. Back to school tomorrow will walk the track n have weight room available.
    1/6
    tracked yes
    calories yes
    exercise no
  • kathamh
    kathamh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That should have bee1/5

January 6, 2019 11:09AM
    Will do beter w exercise soon. Back to school tomorrow will walk the track n have weight room available.

tracked yes
    calories yes
    exercise no
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    January 5
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: no
    Rest day
    Steps: 3296