TEAM: The Slimsons (January)

Options

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Yeah, I saw those Atkins ones.....they went right back on the shelf.....ha ha. Pretty sure I don't want to try a fat bomb. I do try to keep my fat intake fairly low.
    @CindyJNC1963 I will say this about the demonization of fat over the years (might have watched a few too many documentaries on the subject), our body does need fat, fats help your body produce and store important hormones and helps you to absorb nutrients, so fat is an important part of the diet, and depending on your goals, really determines how much you'd eat, but the reality is that fat doesn't make you fat like we've been told since like the 60s...fat bombs would be used for the keto diet, when you're on the keto diet you burn fat for fuel and not glucose (carbs) which is why you'd eat a fat bomb. It sort of like an energy bar for those of us on keto. In the beginning of my keto days, I sort of lived on those before my body was using my own fat for fuel, so they do have a role, but really only to those of us on keto, which is why they market them. (they are a tasty sugar free reeses though)
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Tracked yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yes 55 min run
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Yeah, I saw those Atkins ones.....they went right back on the shelf.....ha ha. Pretty sure I don't want to try a fat bomb. I do try to keep my fat intake fairly low.
    @CindyJNC1963 I will say this about the demonization of fat over the years (might have watched a few too many documentaries on the subject), our body does need fat, fats help your body produce and store important hormones and helps you to absorb nutrients, so fat is an important part of the diet, and depending on your goals, really determines how much you'd eat, but the reality is that fat doesn't make you fat like we've been told since like the 60s...fat bombs would be used for the keto diet, when you're on the keto diet you burn fat for fuel and not glucose (carbs) which is why you'd eat a fat bomb. It sort of like an energy bar for those of us on keto. In the beginning of my keto days, I sort of lived on those before my body was using my own fat for fuel, so they do have a role, but really only to those of us on keto, which is why they market them. (they are a tasty sugar free reeses though)

Right, I agree with that. I'm just on a different plan. I try to keep my protein over 90, carbs under 90, fiber over 21, and fat around 50 - 60. One of the things the dietitian and I discussed was how she no longer recommends low fat products because the ingredients to replace the fat are worse than the fat itself.
  • AB0215
    Options

Right, I agree with that. I'm just on a different plan. I try to keep my protein over 90, carbs under 90, fiber over 21, and fat around 50 - 60. One of the things the dietitian and I discussed was how she no longer recommends low fat products because the ingredients to replace the fat are worse than the fat itself.

It's really great to see that she realizes that and doesn't recommend low fat products! That's sort of one of my points, low fat products are pretty awful because they take out the fat and then add other things to make it taste better, sugar and other additives that are just worse overall.
    And your diet plan is solid. It's really pretty balanced and there's nothing wrong with that. You're doing great!
  • AB0215
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise:Yes, 30 mins elliptical 30 mins treadmill

• CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options

It's really great to see that she realizes that and doesn't recommend low fat products! That's sort of one of my points, low fat products are pretty awful because they take out the fat and then add other things to make it taste better, sugar and other additives that are just worse overall.
    And your diet plan is solid. It's really pretty balanced and there's nothing wrong with that. You're doing great!

Thanks!!! I was really impressed with this dietitian .........she was much better than the one I went to a few years ago.
  • Tigermom19
    Tigermom19 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Username: AB0215
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Week's Weight: 166.2 lbs
    Current Weight: 163.2 lbs

Finally a new number on the scale :smile:

@ABO215 way to go!

• SaletaS
    SaletaS Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sunday Week 2
    Username: SaletaS
    PW: 205
    CW: 205.8

Whomp whomp whoooommmmpppp... this was my fault. I had Popeyes for dinner. With wine. This bottle is almost gone, then I can be freed from its grasp.
  • SaletaS
    SaletaS Posts: 33 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    SaletaS wrote: »
    Friday 1/4/19
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no

I need to work on my wine intake. I have 2-3 glasses in the evening and that’s 300 Calories on it’s own. 😩😩

@SaletaS I have moderation issues, so for me it has to be all or nothing...I'm just one of those kinds of people.
    BUT maybe you could try cutting one glass out, at least 2 days a week, and see if that helps, start small and then mentally you'll start feeling like you need it less and less, and then maybe go to cutting a glass out of your day 3 days a week, making gradual change can help over the long term...if you cut 2 glasses of wine out a week, that can go a long way to reducing total weekly intake...think of it this way.....your daily totals add to your weekly totals, and usually people find it easier to reduce daily intake to meet weekly calorie goals, but some people eat normal for 6 days and fast a whole day to make up the difference, and in the long run, it works, so maybe try reducing it just a couple days a week and then go from there...I really feel like you have to find what works for you and if 2 glasses of wine a day works, then go for it, but if it doesn't, make some changes and see how it works...everyone is different and what works for me might not work for you, it's really about figuring out your body :smile:
    Maybe that makes sense, I hope it makes sense...
    batgirl140 wrote: »
    Friday 1/4/19
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no

I need to work on my wine intake. I have 2-3 glasses in the evening and that’s 300 Calories on it’s own. 😩😩

If you really enjoy it then make it fit! Maybe just one less glass. That’s a lot right there! Don’t give it up if you love it, you’ll miss it! I have that issue with sweets. Have to fit in a bit or I’ll miss it and over indulge.

I KNOW! I was embarrassed to even post that I drink that much wine.... daily. Accountability right? Thanks for the encouragement. I will cut back and see what happens next week! Or maybe find a new vice 😉
  • kazunomiya
    kazunomiya Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Saturday 1/5
    Track yes
    Under yes
    Exercise 45 minutes of cardio workout

I found my old resistance band in my closet and decided to do a workout video with it. Man, my muscles! It was good though. I ate out with my friends and moderated my eating around it. It was a win. I was able to get my chicken and waffles and not stress out about it. I had a light breakfast of cereal and a banana and then the big meal with my friends. Took some home and ate a kimchi pancake and pineapples for dinner. Stayed under!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Jaydoh120 wrote: »
    I have learned that my grip on this whole thing is very tenuous.

My estranged husband came to South Africa on Friday to suprise our son for his 13th birthday.

He left for Qatar for work in October which is when I started with mfp and I can see now that his being away helped me be more positive.

He got back on Friday to great rejoicing from the kids. He pays for the place we live in and started commenting on everything. He has not stopped criticising.

My son asked him if he thought Mom had lost weight and he said , "I suppose so but if she hadn't waited so long to start she'd be further along". And since then I feel it's all been pointless. Like I will never be good enough. I'm annoyed that I feel this way because we have been separated a long time and I shouldn't care what he thinks anymore.

He leaves again on Tuesday. I hope I get back to my positive frame of mind quickly.

@Jaydoh120 I really think that (and this is going to be hard) you just have to let go of his negativity. I had a similar situation with my mom for YEARS, she always criticized everything, made me feel like I wasn't good enough, which is stupid, considering the state of my siblings. I just decided one day that I just didn't care. It's MY life and I'll live it the way I want to. That was a particularly freeing moment, and it's really hard because I want my parents to be proud of me, but it is what is and I can't control them, I can control me. That's how I look at it. It took me like 30 years to figure that out, but I'm glad I did. It really changed everything.

@SaletaS is right, he's upset because he didn't think you'd do well without him and you are. And it'd be a real kick in the pants if you'd carry on as if he didn't matter...because the truth it, your opinion is what matters, not his. YOU have to be happy with you and how you live, not him.
  • AB0215
    Options

I KNOW! I was embarrassed to even post that I drink that much wine.... daily. Accountability right? Thanks for the encouragement. I will cut back and see what happens next week! Or maybe find a new vice 😉
    @SaletaS Honeslty, I don't really think it's a huge issue, but yes the calories can add up and cutting back a little can have a big impact, but if it's what you really want, you can also plan for it. I personally think it's easier to to cut back on the wine than it is to make other cuts to food, so that's my suggestion, but you need to find what works for you.
  • AB0215
    Options

Thanks!!! I was really impressed with this dietitian .........she was much better than the one I went to a few years ago.

@CindyJNC1963 I am also impressed with the dietitian too, I'm glad you found a good one!!
  • Beckymomof3girls
    Beckymomof3girls Posts: 102 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Username: beckymomof3girls
    Weigh in week: January week 2
    PW: 250.6
    CW: 249.6

I’ve enjoyed having everyone home for winter break, but I’m glad to be getting back to our regular routine tomorrow, which includes tracking more consistently and eating out less often.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,818 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Saturday 1/5
    Track yes
    Under yes
    Exercise shoveling snow
    no snow to shovel today yaa
  • AB0215
    Options