This week 133.6

• pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge 1/31/19:

Tracking - yes
    Under - no :(
    Exercise - no

I always start to slack off at the end of the week. If I had gone to the gym like I normally do then I would have earned enough exercise calories to not have gone over. Lesson learned and will work to improve for next week.
  • PhatStax69
    PhatStax69 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Jan. 1 Friday WEigh In Day

For my personal use: January results. I started at 237. With all my hard work with 2 to 3 hours of working out, all the time counting calories, all the money for new workout clothes and a new gym membership, my results are in. Ive gained .4 lbs. I guess its all my fault for not wanting to work out that long every day and starving myself with a baseline of 1500 calories. I backed away from all of that to something sustainable this last week and it *kitten* me. So after I go cry for a while im going to go back on the biggest loser ranch and back to my 3 hour workout days. What a wasted month. I should have been in the 220's today. Pissed.
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in week 5
    Last week 216.2
    Current 214.2

January results for me- i believe I started at 228. Down 13.8 pounds. Not feeling as good about this as I should be feeling I think. My brain immediately goes to that I have tracked every bite, increased workouts, this should be more. But I know thats a good one month weight drop.
  • Kclee2903
    Kclee2903 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Previous: 249.8
    Current: 246.5

Sorry I am late again. I just can't seem to get this nasty bug out of my house. I did manage to weigh this morning.
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN
    Username: mikea2g
    Starting weight on 7/25/2018: 309
    September start weight: 290
    October start weight: 279
    November start weight: 264.7
    December start weight: 254.8
    January start weight: 247.5
    -————————————-
    Previous Week's weight: 238.7
    Today's Weight: 238.2

Not much of a loss this week. I’ve followed the success recipe with only a few minor deviations, so must be a blip. I did an intense weight lifting session yesterday which I know leads to short term water retention as well. I think I need to go back to daily weigh ins to show the trend more clearly instead of the 2x week I’m currently doing. I despise blips. I’m also at a point in my journey where I should slow down on the fat loss. Even though I’m focused on fitness first right now, it’s still scary to consider eating more than I am, even if I’ll still be in a deficit.
  • mikea2g
    Options
    swauters wrote: »
    Friday weigh in week 5
    Last week 216.2
    Current 214.2

January results for me- i believe I started at 228. Down 13.8 pounds. Not feeling as good about this as I should be feeling I think. My brain immediately goes to that I have tracked every bite, increased workouts, this should be more. But I know thats a good one month weight drop.

@swauters I feel this way constantly! So much effort for so little perceived results. It’s all about the long game though. A whole bunch of these not insanely amazing results lead to insanely amazing results. That’s why I keep a tally of every months starting weight to show myself how far I’ve come. It’s amazing how often I feel like quitting because I’m not “killing it”. You’re doing great!

• mikea2g
    Options
    PhatStax69 wrote: »

For my personal use: January results. I started at 237. With all my hard work with 2 to 3 hours of working out, all the time counting calories, all the money for new workout clothes and a new gym membership, my results are in. Ive gained .4 lbs. I guess its all my fault for not wanting to work out that long every day and starving myself with a baseline of 1500 calories. I backed away from all of that to something sustainable this last week and it *kitten* me. So after I go cry for a while im going to go back on the biggest loser ranch and back to my 3 hour workout days. What a wasted month. I should have been in the 220's today. Pissed.

Hang in there man. It’s all the little changes over a long period of time that will lead to your success. Just some thoughts to help with fluctuating weights and / or not seeing weight results.

1) weigh daily and see the overall trend. I’m up 2 pounds heavier this morning than I was on Wednesday morning. It’s crazy how much weight fluctuates!

2) measurements. You’re working out hard. Maybe your body is changing shape even though no weight is coming off.

I hope February goes well for you!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,899 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Grandmajackie
    Week 5
    Last week: 147.1
    Current weight: 145.7

• swauters
    Options
    PhatStax69 wrote: »

I agree with @mikea2g . You are working out hard and you should take some measurements. Your body might be changing but not showing up on the scale.
  • swauters
    Options
    @mikea2g thanks for that "cheerleading". I was super unmotivated today but reading your comment made me rethink and stick to my plan.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Hello, team. I am back home from Mexico. Had a terrific time, but now it's back to reality!!

The February thread is up and running. Please take a moment to introduce yourselves to the new team mates. If for any reason you do not wish to continue on into the February Challenge, please let me know. It will save me two weeks of chasing you down for a weigh-in!

I still have to do the Mini Challenge results for week #4, so stay tuned for those.

Ashley did a great job of entering your weights while I was gone. However, she does still have a team of her own and a whole challenge to moderate. If anyone would like to step forward to be a co-captain, to help enter weights if ever I am away again or just super busy, that would be great. Thanks.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Results for Week #4

The top three Big Butts for January Week #4 were:

@aminor55 - 1.46%
    @ForLangston - 1.19%
    @swauters - 1.01%

Congratulations to all three for a fantastic week!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Username : murdog3t
    Weight in week: 5
    Weight in day:Friday
    Previous weeks weight: 144.8
    Today’s weight: 144.8

I let go when I rest in silent awareness

“Every day and in every possible way, I trust my intuition and the powers of my subconscious.”

January 31
    Tracking: yes
    Calories:yes
    Exercise: yes
    60 min yoga & meditation
    30 min strength training
    Steps: 7261
    Water:88 oz
  • mikea2g
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Friday, February 1, 2019
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes - by inches!
    Exercised: Yes - 25 minute walk
    Steps as of posting: 12,316

Driving home tonight I passed chipotle and wanted to stop sooo bad! I was already at max calories and honestly not hungry, but the craving monster was beating me upside the head. I pulled over to the side of the road to collect myself and carried on home. I feel like a recovering crack head or something. Seriously, it’s just a burrito, but I was like a junkie trying to pass up his next fix. Glad I won my little dramatic battle :)
  • swauters
    Options
    Feb 1 mini challenge
    Tracked-yes
    Under- nope, not by a long shot
    Exercise- got my steps but no additional ecercise
  • pkg1998
    pkg1998 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge 2/1/19:

Tracking - yes
    Under - no - weekend trip with my daughter means eating on the road. Not too many good choices to make at Sonic :(
    Exercise - no - end of the week laziness

Looking forward to better progress in February. Ended January not too bad.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge - January Week #4 (Sun the 20th to Sat the 26th)

Winner's Circle - 6 or 7 days:
    @heaz10 (7) - 12th week IN A ROW in the Winner's Circle!!
    @mikea2g (7) - 3rd week in a row in the Winner's Circle!!
    @murdog3t (7) - 4th week in a row in the Winner's Circle!!
    @swauters (6) - improved on her Notable Effort from last week!! Sara, is this your first time
    in the Winner's Circle?

Notable Effort - 4 or 5 days:
    @karrihowlett (5) - only attempted last week; this week puts in a Notable Effort!!
    @erikNJ (4) - another Notable Effort this week!!
    @PhatStax69 (4) - dropped out of the Winner's Circle but still put in a Notable Effort!!
    @T34S3l (4) - dropped out of the Winner's Circle but still put in a Notable Effort!!

Attempted:
    @abowersgirl (3)
    @brandi_84 (3)
    @ForLangston (3)
    @GrandmaJackie (2)
    @Nicoletime4me (1)
    @pkg1998 (1)

Well, we didn't have eight in the Winner's Circle, like we did in week #3, but we did have four. Three returnees, @heaz10, @mikea2g and @murdog3t were joined by first timer (I think) @swauters! Congratulations to all four for a fantastic week!! Of note, the three returnees, Heather, Mike and Tami, were accountable for ALL SEVEN DAYS!!! Well done!!
  • HASWLRS
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Today is the last day of Week #5 and the last day of the January Challenge. Looking for the following weigh-ins to close out the week and the month:

Monday: @kathamh

Tuesday: @eatingfoodles

Thursday: @Nicoletime4me

Friday: @aminor55, @Rawrbyn

Saturday: @abowersgirl, @grayjayyyy, @kc9agz and @saskicpg

This discussion has been closed.