Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    @steplaj @melissafeagins
    STEPS CAUGHT UP TO THIS POINT
  • Navydaddjtc
    edited February 2019
    Options
    WTG WARRIORS WE ARE IN 1ST PLACE IN THE STEP CHALLENGE.

GOD I LOVE THIS TEAM YOUR THE BEST OF THE BEST

NO CALMING DOWN @steplaj AND @melissafeagins LET'S PUSH THIS TEAM TO A KO THIS WEEK

IN THE GROUP STANDING WE ARE IN FOURTH PLACE.....LETS GO TEAM WE GOT THIS
    WE ARE THE MIGHTY WARRIORS..... WE ARE THE BEST..... WE ARE FAMILY.....
    TIME TO TURN AND BURN

85tj4absa9hw.jpg
    NOW LETS LIGHT EM UP.... AFTER BURNERS ON CLEAR CAT 1... CLEAR FOR TAKE OFF
    AND LIGHT EM UP

mqb6tnm7uc3l.png
    inpbnnbo57rb.png

• steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    kammerkv1 wrote: »
    Kammerkv here. I haven’t posted this week mainly because I took time off the constant thinking of dieting and the feeling of failure as the scale didn’t move. I needed time to really stop feeling so badly about myself.
    After a week away, I actually felt skinning one day and even looked better. Then I went on the scale and it basically stayed the same from the previous month- 224 even though I had moved down to 222 for the first week of February. Oh well.

Current weigh in: 224lb and previous weigh in was 222.

Trust me, don't allow yourself to get down on yourself... Losing weight is one of the hardest tasks I have ever endured. I go down, I go up, I go down - Ugh!!! I know exactly how you feel, and so many people in here do as well...

Remember, this is not about dieting, this is the first thing we all need to learn... It is about re-learning our behavior. In other words, changing our lifestyle. This is why so many of us refer to it as our "fitness plan". What works for me may not work for you and what works for you may not work for Greg - but - we all understand and are here to help you, especially when you are feeling down.

You should also not go insane over the numbers, especially if you are physically active. Look at many factors, your weight, your waist size, measurements, physical appearance - these are all indicators of whether your plan is working or not.

Last, but not least - you should be sharing what you are doing with us. Let us make suggestions, help motivate you, and most of all - keep you accountable... Sometimes you have an item that may be hurting your progress and you may not know it, but someone else might. Also, some of us have actually gone off our plans and did a "restart". I find that when you hit a rut, this helps to push past the rut. Water retention can always fluctuate your scale a pound or two as well, try getting rid of excess water. Oddly enough, drinking more water helps your body to eliminate retained water - this is why we say "Drink til you Shrink". Sodium causes your body to retain water, drinking more water flushes sodium, thus, less water retained.

If you need help, post it... We have people in here that are always willing to help give you a little push along the way...

Steve

• steplaj
    Options
    I apologize to you all for disappearing for the last few days. I had a migraine Monday and my usually routine job has gone to heck in a hand basket. I worked 11 hours yesterday and another 10 today cleaning up things that someone at the hospital system we merged with last year should have done two years ago. I have a job after the merger and she doesn't and now I know why. And we're being audited by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services, which is fairly routine, but time consuming.
    I did drag myself to yoga tonight, but I haven't logged my food for two days because finding 5 minutes to do that at work has been impossible.
    And I just got a text from my best friend that her husband has been in a car accident. He's okay, but I'll be driving her 7th grader and mine around tomorrow while they sort out a rental and repairs for his truck.
    Is it Friday yet?

I feel your pain.... Things here are always changing. A year and a half ago we switched from Meditech, Metricom, Alscripts and Soarian Computer Systems to a single EPIC System which has been a struggle to say the least... On top of that, we are going back into contract talks in a month or two and I sit on the negotiation committee. It never stops in a hospital, ever changing and it's the workers that do all the work...

• steplaj
    Options
    Help! I've been having this terrible craving for chocolate the past week. I'm trying to stick to dark chocolate most of the time, but I know I'm cheating myself when I say 50% dark is dark enough... :(

q5oqqjkoaua7.jpg

Quality as well as Quantity... Limit your chocolate and opt for high quality dark... It helps if it's served on a strawberry!

• quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    @steplaj I hear about EPIC all day long! My husband is a senior SQL DBA at a hospital here but has been tasked with EPIC administration as well. The only positive part of it I think was the training they sent him to in Wisconsin because the campus is incredible there! Otherwise it's a headache for sure!!!
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Help! I've been having this terrible craving for chocolate the past week. I'm trying to stick to dark chocolate most of the time, but I know I'm cheating myself when I say 50% dark is dark enough... :(

I keep these in the freezer:

tzlxklberyw1.png
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    OKIE DOKIE TEAM
    TIME TO BOOGIE ON DOWN TO THE SCALES AND DO THE WEEKLY WEIGH IN BOOGIE
    AND IN THE SPOT LITE TODAY IS
    @Megnolia82
    @NikMar
    @Patricehm16&lt;<<<<COULD BE ELIMINATED IF NO WEIGH IN NO JOKE
  • Navydaddjtc
    Options
    @ConfidentRaven POSTED WTG ON THE LOSS WELL DONE
  • Gutcutter500
    Gutcutter500 Posts: 695 Member
    Options

I am in the minority, I know, but if you are really craving it, make it fit your calories. I don't believe any food is bad as long as it is not spoiled. Our bodies are made to crave what we need.
    I keep a bag of chocolate at work, but I put it in my boss's candy dish. Everyone can share, but no one over does because we don't want to bother her to get it. Truth in advertising, since I started that, other people have started purchasing it from time to time.

@melissafeagins Melissa, I am also in that minority. During my really active weight loss phase I refused to take "cheat" days because I felt that that phase was temporary and I would have to make a LIFESTYLE change. Consequently, now that essentially all of food is available to me I pick and choose my battles as they say. Some foods I just really avoid, pizza for instance. Others I just take into account when I eat them. I love Wingstop chicken wings. I know when I have them I cut back a little later on in the day. Also, taking time while I eat them keeps me from eating the whole order. Right now I can eat 3 wings with some french fries and I am full. I use to eat 10-20 of them by myself. I do eat milk chocolate though not in any quantity. I don't feel it is a burden. I have worked too hard to get where I am to let it all go to pot. By not depriving myself I do not have any cravings. Mindful eating is also key. It can be tough if I am hurrying between procedures but I try to consciously slow down time for a bit to enjoy and appreciate what I am eating and it prevents me from eating too much.
  • NikMar
    NikMar Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    NikMar steps: Wednesday 12,790 - which included going to my Body Combat class :)

Not many people turned up, so there was plenty of space. Looks like all the people who signed up to gym membership have lost their membership cards!

Not done so well with carbs this week - my cold has returned with a vengeance and my sweet tooth along with all things bread has been very inticing! Need to work a bit better next week and get back on track. However, it's half term so normal routines are out the window. Could be a difficult one, especially with family funeral on Tuesday. :'(
  • NikMar
    NikMar Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    NikMar
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    Previous weight: 142
    Current weight: 143.1

See previous comments - sorry!
  • runarml
    runarml Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    @NikMar I always crave comfort foods when I’m sick. It’s hard to eat healthy!

I’m about to board a plane and was hoping to be over 10,000 steps by this point and I’m at almost 15,000. I’m sure I won’t get too much more today sitting on planes for the next 4 hours!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Good Morning friends
    Well as you can see we finally got power, and tel communications back after being down for 48 hours. Mineral looks like a battle zone and the PUD crew's,DOT and County crews are working as fast as they can to restore Mineral to normalcy before the next round of storms come marching through.
    We ended up with 4 1/2 feet of snow. Some of it has melted away just in time for the next blast due up sometime next week according to the weather guessers.
    Know this I am sure that you guys are doing fantastic things with your weight loss journey and I applaud you for doing so. That being said I am not going to try and catch up with all of the post.
    Just know that you all get ^^^^^^5's all around and 👍👍 thumbs up. Stay warm and dry and have a great Thursday. Greg

Yikes!! Take care out there!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Steps 2/14: 12,228

Weigh in feb 14
    Current: 200.0
    Previous: 199.0

• maithileesj
    maithileesj Posts: 40 Member
    Options

I am in the minority, I know, but if you are really craving it, make it fit your calories. I don't believe any food is bad as long as it is not spoiled. Our bodies are made to crave what we need.
    I keep a bag of chocolate at work, but I put it in my boss's candy dish. Everyone can share, but no one over does because we don't want to bother her to get it. Truth in advertising, since I started that, other people have started purchasing it from time to time.

@melissafeagins Thanks. Yes, I've recently got back to logging my calories too after about a year (diet and exercise were in better shape then). I've had too long a holiday season I think so the discipline is much required.
  • maithileesj
    Options
    steplaj wrote: »

q5oqqjkoaua7.jpg

Quality as well as Quantity... Limit your chocolate and opt for high quality dark... It helps if it's served on a strawberry!

@steplaj Yumm... yep, I cleared out my pantry and retained only the >70% dark versions. Will look out for the sugar-free stuff that @quiarga was pointing to - it's not really caught on in India yet... sigh... people around me still can't understand how I stand bitter chocolate. :smiley:
  • maithileesj
    Options
    quiarga wrote: »

I keep these in the freezer:

tzlxklberyw1.png

Thanks, @quiarga . How's your new job treating you?!
This discussion has been closed.