WAIST AWAYS -- February 2019

Options

Replies

• jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    My boby fat % (rough calculation based of age, height, weight and 3 measurements) has dropped again! Jan 2: 36.8... today: 31.6

Current target: ~25%

Great job!!!
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Success Sunday .. have not missed a day doing planks for my 30-day plank challenge. Can now do a set of 3 2-minute planks. Biggest challenge is that while they are not that hard to do, they are very boring.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    We are getting an extra day before results are posted so those of you who currently have NWI for the week you still have a chance to enter your week 2 weights.

@GettingFitTash
    @TuesdayLucero
    @Bear479
    @Kittu125

Lets see those numbers! so far we are in 1st place!
  • Astrue
    Astrue Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Steps 1/16 10,532
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,424 Member
    Options
    jan110144 wrote: »
    Success Sunday .. have not missed a day doing planks for my 30-day plank challenge. Can now do a set of 3 2-minute planks. Biggest challenge is that while they are not that hard to do, they are very boring.

One word .... music! May I suggest (for starters) Doug and the Slugs "Day by Day" ("day by day I'm getting stronger; Day by day I'm lasting longer; Day by day by day by day ....)
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Today is Success Sunday

I want you to read this post before you jump in .... because I want EVERYONE to think of something - even only ONE thing that was a success for you this past week.
    • Did you log in?
    • Did you track your food?
    • Did you eat an extra fruit?
    • If there were bad results, did you look back and your week and figure out why? (= Lesson Learned = BIG Success!)
    • Did you start thinking about how to plan ahead and handle a similar scenario next time? (= Lesson Learned and Applied = EVEN BIGGER SUCCESS!)
    asi2monpld27.png

This is from the GEM fb page and I thought of our little group :smile: (note: there is a BIG difference between analyzing where you are weak and figuring out how to overcome said weakness vs condemning yourself for stumbling. )

What you SAY to yourself matters 🙌

Imagine you had a choice of roommates. Would you want to live with someone who constantly criticized you and noticed everything you did WRONG or someone who always was kind to you, and celebrated every GOOD thing you did, no matter how small?

You are the ONLY one who lives in your mind 24/7. What does your internal dialogue look like?

And ask yourself...has being harsh and self-critical ever actually benefited you? 🤔

If it hasn't, maybe some change is in order. Maybe instead of beating yourself up, you should cheer yourself on. Be your own encourager, and surround yourself with others who do the same! 💕

I sure needed this today.
  • Kittu125
    Kittu125 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    We are getting an extra day before results are posted so those of you who currently have NWI for the week you still have a chance to enter your week 2 weights.

@GettingFitTash
    @TuesdayLucero
    @Bear479
    @Kittu125

Lets see those numbers! so far we are in 1st place!

I totally apologize it has been crazy two days.
    Weigh in day - Saturday - 187.4

Had a party Friday night so didn’t see much loss on Saturday.Hoping for better week next week.

@jugar
    Steps for last week

Sunday-2/10-1567
    Monday- 2/11- 17668
    Tuesday-13967
    Wednesday-10501
    Thursday - 10319
    Friday- 12631
    Saturday - 12677

Again apologize for tardy on posting my weight today. I had very good week at gym too but had bad couple of days food wise so didn’t see a big loss.
  • Kittu125
    Kittu125 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Great job on steps this week! We just need a few more numbers as fast as possible - Mari hasn't gotten into the spreadsheet with her yellow squares yet, so send me those steps:

@GettingFitTash (Monday - Saturday)
    @Kittu125 (Thursday - Saturday)
    @mari_moulin @micki48 and @Astrue Saturday.

I could put @leni1us in place of you @GettingFitTash if you don't want to be in the step team any more... And @leni1us could you send Thursday - Saturday? Thanks!

Week 2 steps
    Sunday-2/10-1567
    Monday- 2/11- 17668
    Tuesday-13967
    Wednesday-10501
    Thursday - 10319
    Friday- 12631
    Saturday - 12677

Again apologize for tardy on posting my steps. I had very good week at gym too but had bad couple of days food wise so didn’t see a big loss.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,193 Member
    Options
    jan110144 wrote: »

Cure for boring planks - I used to complain bitterly to the trainer I worked with for a long time that planks were the bane of my existence because they are too boring. He gave me many amazing variations to keep my tiny mind occupied. Planks with alternating arm raises, leg raises, simultaneous (diagonal) arm and leg raises, walking planks (moving sideways by diagonal arm/leg pairs moving in the same direction 30 seconds towards the right, then 30" back). If you're going right, the right hand and left leg take a "step" towards the right, then the left hand and right leg take another step towards the right, etc. etc.). The steps should not be fast - the longer the arm and leg are in the air the better! Also planks where you slide your arms forward and back on gliders, pikes with your feet on gliders, and other crazy variations. They are much more fun than static planks, and do an awesome job on the whole core.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,193 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the updates @Kittu125 @Astrue and @mari_moulin !

We are just waiting for @GettingFitTash (Monday-Saturday) and @micki48 (Saturday). Hopefully you are watching this space and are ready to hit send any minute...

And of course everyone else who has posted all the stuff we need to keep track of how well we are doing.

My Success Sunday - for last week, I think I was glad just to keep going with the workouts, and staying mostly on track in spite of helping my daughter get ready to move out of her house very very soon. We will leave next Friday (the 22nd) to drive out to Alberta. The movers pack her up on Wednesday, and load the truck on Thursday. We have all the stuff pretty well ready to go, the car is going to the garage on Wednesday, the cats will move by plane the following week after all the stuff is moved, the boyfriend will be along when his contract starts, and all is well with the world! I think we'll make it. The drive will be long and hopefully the weather will be OK. I'm really going to miss her, but I'm so glad she has found the job she loves. I never thought it would be with the Canadian Army, but it really works for her, and the Army has been amazing getting her move organised, housing sorted, and her integration to the new community well underway. She will miss the beautiful hills of Québec, but the prairies are beautiful as well. And she can take her horse - he will move in April, and I get to play with him until he goes! (he's the middle horse in my profile pic - I'm in front on my stallion, and my daughter is taking the picture from the horse at the back). So it will be a wild couple of weeks. I think I'm ready?
  • BMcC9
    Options
    @jugar I don't think I have been given co-cap access to whatever I am supposed to be updating while you are away ... I KNOW I haven't had any instructions yet .... just sayin' ....
  • BMcC9
    edited February 2019
    Options
    BMcC9 steps for Feb 17: 8843
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Steps 2/13
    9,314 woooooot!
    A record for me.

@jugar I went back and looked through the feed. Here are my steps for Wednesday. I was sure I had posted because it was my record. Hope we can add that.

Steps
    2/13 - 9314
    2/14 - 8130
    2/15 - 8015
    2/16 - 7845
    2/17 -

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Success Sunday I logged all food every day. I was also able to increase my steps finishing with 56,252 steps for the week.

I’d like to beat that this coming week and get to the gym at least three times. I didn’t get all my water or steps in today, so I need to focus on that the rest of the week. But lost 1.7 pounds this week, so that’s success!!

Have a great week everyone. 😊
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    2/17 - 24,940 steps! No, really! Last day working the Genesis Open. Arrived at the golf course at 6:30 a.m. with the first tee time at 6:40. Left at 5:25 p.m. On my feet most of the entire day. My legs are tired!
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,767 Member
    Options
    Steps 2/17--- 8,949
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Weighing in today Monday
    PW: 199.5
    CW: 195.8 yippee
    I weighed myself this morning to find out I had gained 2 lb :( then nursed my baby and lost as above! LOL
    I did work hard!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Weighing in today Monday
    PW: 199.5
    CW: 195.8 yippee
    I weighed myself this morning to find out I had gained 2 lb :( then nursed my baby and lost as above! LOL
    I did work hard!

Baby was thirsty! (timing of weigh-in is important .... ;) )
This discussion has been closed.