• lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    156.45... made my goal!

exercise.png
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your comments. I know that I will be able to handle whatever changes I have to make and in time will be ok with it. but I just am not someone who takes change (especially from something that I really love) easily. Which segues into another issue I have right now which is a job offer that would involve moving from the east coast of FL to the west coast. So not super far away, but definitely starting over somewhere new. The job is a bit of a promotion from what I am doing now though essentially the same duties just that I will now have people helping me. I have been at this job now for 16 years. I LOVE the job, but I just really don't like doing it here anymore. For the last 7 years, upper management changes pretty much every year or so and this leads to major instability. Add to it that this current year, I was given a new boss who has ZERO experience or knowledge of what she was put in charge of...she just happens to be the friend of the top guy. She has no desire to learn, but that doesn't stop her from making changes that she doesn't understand the consequences to. Ugh.

Anyway...right now focusing on making it through my vacation. :-) I've got my schedule made up of everywhere i want to go! So excited!

2/20 - 10 miles
    2/22 - 6 miles
    2/24 - 10 miles

73/80
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @vhuber: My heart breaks for you. As Dean said, these creatures give us nothing but unconditional love. We could all learn from them and know the true meaning of Christ telling us to love our neighbor as ourself. My girl is going fast and I have to take her to the vet to see what is going on in her bladder. You like me want to do the best for your pup. You gave him a great life and I am sure he knew it. They do take a piece of us with them.
    r0qw5bpe62uj.jpeg

@lisah: You keep fighting girl. I am not giving up. I am trying to hold out for some future healthier procedures for my knee. I always loved cycling and that is my goal now. I am also going to try my off road running again on easier trails.
    It sounds like you have a big decision to make about your job. How long do you have to decide? Do you have family or are you single? Those can also be decision makers.
    One of the reasons for me finally retiring aside from my dad and dogs was my administrators. One worked on his doctorate on school time and was never accessible. Our building ran without them pretty much for two years. He was either in meetings or working on doctorates. Our assistant was a nice person but truly a waste. She had no idea what she was doing, even after years of doing it. She was always coming to me asking me to remind her we did one activity or another. She was given her job because she was a minority and no one wanted to rock the boat so as to be faced with a law suit. She has been turned down for numerous positions of having her own building to run. I don’t think she could ever do it.

Well we survived the 60 mph wind gusts from yesterday afternoon through this morning, thus my reason for posting this from yesterday. It went from 56 to 34 today in the matter of minutes. We lost power a few times but were fortunate to get it back. There are trees down everywhere again. Our new eagle pair took cover out of the wind but their nest survived.
    Feb. 24: Adding 13 miles of walking 3 and cycling on x bike for 10 easy miles. Did not want to push it.
    TTD: 326 miles

exercise.png

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,930 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    2/19 - 5 miles
    2/20 - 5.50 miles
    2/21 - 8 miles
    2/22 - 5 miles
    2/23 - 5 miles
    2/24 - 4.5 miles

As of 2/24 136.50 miles of 200 miles

exercise.png

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Two days in a row with measurable movement- 10.1 bike on Saturday and 3.2 hike on Sunday. Will not likely make my goal, but it's a start!

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Adding another 16 miles for 156 out of 250.

Adding another 7 miles for 163 out of 250.

Adding 8 miles for 171 out of 250.

Wow, back to back posts.

Adding 25 miles for 196 out of 250. 6 days and 54 miles to go. I think I can do this if I can just stay healthy.

Adding 16 miles for 212 out of 250.
  • KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    2/18-2/24 = 23.29

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,315 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

CONGRATS on GOAL to @LAMLAM2013!! :drinker:

@VHUBER - I'm so sorry about your fur baby!! :cry: (((HUGS)))

@K80FLEC - I had a good laugh over your suggestion of changing the name of the group to add "Despite our Knees"! :lol::lol:

I'm still kicking and hoping to get a few more bonus miles this month. Have stuff before and after work tonight so it'll have to wait until tomorrow morning.

Dave
    rI85m5.png

We've gotten several more inches of snow over the last couple of days, further solidifying our snowfall records....here are a couple of local Cowgirls taking their horses out for a little trot....

ueeed9l53odt.jpeg

6xqpkzf7xhbz.jpeg
  • belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    ... not a great month for me unfortunately!

exercise.png

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,288 Member
    Options
    Adding 23.20 miles

exercise.png

Must get on the bike the next three days!! Egads!

Chris
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,806 Member
    Options
    @vhuber :'( So very sorry to heard about your sweet little fur baby.... :'(
    :'( My little Alex went to “Rainbow Bridge” 6 month ago and I still miss him every single day...it is so very true our fur babies take a part of our hearts when they leave... but someday we will be together again

• Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,806 Member
    Options
    2/25
    20.58 miles
    561.10 miles MTD
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @Just_Ceci:Sometimes the hardest action is to start. You will find your mojo and start rocking that saddle again.
    Speaking of saddle....too funny Dave. And speaking of endorphins, did I ever tell you guys the time I was telling kids about how exercise releases endorphins and that they make us feel good. The young boy went home and told his dad that he worked hard in gym that day and Ms. Lepant said we were releasing dolphins in our brain and he could feel them swimming around up there. Yes kids say the funniest things.
    @kflec: I likel the atteachment to our group name! It seems very fitting as of late.
    @lovemyalex: I do know that it gets easier with time, but we will never forget how much their lives have intertwined with ours. I would never have it any other way. And yes, I do believe we will see them again.
    Feb. 25: Adding 20 miles on my x bike.
    TTD: 346 miles

exercise.png

• k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

exercise.png

24th: 11.25 miles, 6.82 m running (10k race, plus warm up) - MTD 130.12
    25th: 2 miles, Pilates, Yoga - MTD 132.12

@vhuber - big hugs, you gave him the best of lives.

@lisah8969 - it’s a big decision to make, but you’ll make the right one. Meanwhile, have an awesome holiday ... or at least have fun planning before the stress of packing.

@Dave - that avatar is the image of you (according to my minds eye), as for the horse riders ROFL.

@kar328 - we’ve had some of that bright sky stuff too. Weird. On Sunday, at my race, the unexpected brightness and warmth (10C/50F) took some of the running club ‘newbies’ by surprise.

@just_ceci, @belle_74, at least moving is an goal/an intention .... and that puts you ahead in the game!

Well done those who have passed goal AND “go, go, go” to those who are within touching distance. You’re a determined bunch, and I’m certain you’ll make it <3
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Adding another 16 miles for 156 out of 250.

Adding another 7 miles for 163 out of 250.

Adding 8 miles for 171 out of 250.

Wow, back to back posts.

Adding 25 miles for 196 out of 250. 6 days and 54 miles to go. I think I can do this if I can just stay healthy.

Adding 16 miles for 212 out of 250.

Adding 12 miles for 224 out of 250.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    You people are AWESOME!!! Thank you for ALL the KIND words!!
    Got in more than 3 yesterday (but will only take 3) & will update my ticker tonight after I get in 3 more. It is 6:20 am & I've already shoveled snow before I leave for work! Go AWAY winter!!!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,288 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    vhuber wrote: »
    Go AWAY winter!!!

@vhuber...we need a big poster that says this! ^^^ Oh, man! I need warm sunshine!

Chris

• JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    @vhuber - I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s so hard to let them go. They want to make us happy and will do whatever they can, even when it’s painful for them. That kind of love and loyalty is extremely hard to let go. I know it was difficult, but you did the right thing. The problem will be telling your heart that. You will have a void that will never be filled. I’ve mourned the loss of my dogs more than the loss of some of my family. There never were truer companions. We don’t deserve them, but god gave them to us anyway. Such a blessing and such a loss. You have my sympathy.

@vhuber - I can't say it any better than this from the vet who knows. So very sorry.

@sufferlandrian - my dog actually had TTA, similar to TPLO. Same surgeon and procedure as her other knee 4 years ago. One week post surgery and she's doing really well. P.S. the surgeon told me that he doesn't do Tight Rope on big dogs. He does both TTA and TPLO but decides which after he opens up the knee. He didn't mention Lateral Imbrication as on option.

@lisah - the west coast isn't so bad ... come on over!

I went for a short run this morning, which leaves me at 83/75.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,315 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

And CONGRATS because I show you at GOAL, @CPANUS!! :drinker:

It's snowing again today here in Minneapolis. :neutral: