WAIST AWAYS -- February 2019

Options

Replies

• matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    How has your month gone?
    With two big dinner outings back to back, I did really well. Never went off track and stayed away from high fat/calorie foods. Saturday's weigh in will tell the final story.

What went well?
    By the 4th week I was able to up my water, still not were I need to be but much better then the beginning of the month.

Where will you make some more tweaks next month? (move exercise outside as weather warms? Try some new recipes? Buy some new clothes?)
    For March I am going to try to go to work where I have a walking track at my disposal and use it 3 times a week.

When did you start here in F2F?
    February was my first Challenge with F2F

Who makes up your "off-line" cheer squad / support team?
    Thats a hard one, I want to say most of my family and friends but then they also keep saying that I should go for whatever I want as long as I don't over indulge. What I can't get them to understand is that once I start eating the wrong (sugary and high calorie) foods that it becomes hard to stop. I rather not indulge while I am still trying to loss this weight. When I hit my goal and I start maintain then it could be a different story.

Why will you continue with us? What are we as captains and a supportive team doing Right, and what could we change up?

I need to continue so I can stay on this path of losing weight. For me it is a number on the scale, I need to lose 49 more pounds, until I have my knees replaced. Then it will become a need to get fit and strong to get to my goal of a healthy weight.

Thank you for the captains and support team for all that you do.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Weighing in today
    PW: 195.8
    CW: 194.6
    I would have loved a bit more off but I'll have to slowly chip away and tell myself that slow and steady is the way to go.

There
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    How has your month gone?
    Overall I'm happy with my progress. I'm a bit nervous as my losses have become smaller every week so I hope I can keep losing. I've not been very religious with calorie counting, more like eye-balling my food and I'd love to continue that way as I don't see myself counting for life. But we shall see...

What went well?
    Motivation was good- thanks captains and motivators! I hope I can keep it up. I give up easily so this has so far been good!

Where will you make some more tweaks next month? (move exercise outside as weather warms? Try some new recipes? Buy some new clothes?)
    Definitely need to up my excersize. I tend to procrastinate/find 'more important things to do'-got to make time for workouts!

When did you start here in F2F?
    Found f2f by chance in another thread.
    So glad I did! This is my first month.

Who makes up your "off-line" cheer squad / support team?
    Hmmm, this is tricky! My family are all heavyset except one skinny sister. So my larger siblings are all enjoying their food (think pizza, doughnuts, ice cream) and cracking jokes about their diet! My skinny sister is also enjoying her food (same food!) And then invites me to see her latest little dress, cute booties etc (showing off)!
    I hope I'll have the last laugh when I hopefully eventually reach target!
    My dad is actually watching his diet and losing weight but he's a very quiet man so not much there in terms of support.
    Sorry guys for venting!

Why will you continue with us? What are we as captains and a supportive team doing Right, and what could we change up?
    See previous question obvs!
    Thanks team!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,403 Member
    Options
    Please spread the word about our good works here at Fat2Fit among your other friends or groups. The March Registration page is open, and they can specify they would like to join your team (WaistAways) if they wish. Those who don't specify are assigned to a team by the moderators, to help keep numbers balanced.

Here's the link that you can copy and pass along:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10729071/march-madness-2019-registration-page
  • BMcC9
    edited February 2019
    Options
    By the way, it is possible to switch teams within Fat2Fit if you find another one's chat-room style seems a better fit to your personality. We would FAR rather you benefit from the support of being on A f2f team than dropping out completely.

And for those who are continuing ... you can switch up your designated Weigh-In day if Life has declared that your current reporting day doesn't work so well any more.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    Options
    If our team captains agree.....

I was thinking about a challenge for the month of March just for our team. As its Saint Patrick's day in march how about GREEN MARCH.....we all pledge a number of LBS lost for the month and keep our numbers in the green as much as we can in the spreadsheet. For example I will pledge to lose 4 lbs for the month and keep each week green.

i will also pledge 10 euros for each lb I lose this month to the Ovarian Cancer Research Alliance (OCRA) in memory of my mom.

Ovarian Cancer Research Alliance (OCRA)

I LOVE this idea. I will be getting back home some time hopefully next week, and I need this to inspire my March to be more GREEN in the weight numbers. I know I have gained weight on this trip and have almost certainly gone over my maximum acceptable weight after being under it for months. Not worried, but I will need to get on it and stop the trend. My problem is there is nowhere here to weigh myself, so I might miss the opening weigh in of the month...
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    Options
    I have internet for a little while today - and I hope to have time to do a lot more reading to keep up with everyone's reflections. My daughter's moving truck full of furniture and boxes has not arrived yet and no one seems to be able to say when it will get here except some time between Friday and March 11th! At least we can camp out in her new place as of tonight, and I get to clean madly while she's going off to work tomorrow. Wainwright, Alberta is quite a place - out in the prairies, with buffalo and endless sky. It is, thankfully, warmer today so it feels like going outside is not an ordeal. The sun is strong, and I will get in a good walk with an awesome dog belonging to my daughter's friends. That will feel fantastic. Have a good Wednesday, everyone!
  • willrunformartinis
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    By the way, it is possible to switch teams within Fat2Fit if you find another one's chat-room style seems a better fit to your personality. We would FAR rather you benefit from the support of being on A f2f team than dropping out completely.

And for those who are continuing ... you can switch up your designated Weigh-In day if Life has declared that your current reporting day doesn't work so well any more.

I would love to experience other teams every month if that’s ok with you? How can I switch to another group?
    Thank you!
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Mari, I love your Green March team challenge!!
    I pledge to stay in the green and lose 5 lbs. in March!! ☘️
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    2/27 - 14,259. Going to the gym and doing a circuit class helps the numbers. We're running (or walking) from station to station for an hour.
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Tdrjustus3
    Week 4
    Weigh In day: Monday
    PW: 279.8
    CW: 280.4
  • BMcC9
    Options

I would love to experience other teams every month if that’s ok with you? How can I switch to another group?
    Thank you!

@mari_moulin , as a moderator, can you advise on the process? I know they are putting the new team spreadsheets together any time now ...
  • BMcC9
    Options
    We have several options for comments per day .... sooooo for TH---- Thursdays ...... pick one of the following:
    • Thrilling Thursday - what thrills you? what has been really exciting this week, no matter how small?
    • Threat Thursday - what is a threat to your getting fit or eating well? what's your plan?
    • Thrifty Thursday - tips to save a few $$
    • (Heart)throb Thursday - tell us about someone you love. Someone in your family, a friend, a role model, an imaginary person - the sky is the limit.
    • Throwaway Thursday - what are you getting rid of?

Also, respond or comment on what others have posted.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    We have several options for comments per day .... sooooo for TH---- Thursdays ...... pick one of the following:

I picked three ...
    • Threat Thursday - what is a threat to your getting fit or eating well? Hubby baked his mom's FANTASTIC scone recipe last night .... the recipe even SAYS "best hot with butter and jam" ... what's your plan? extra biking (last night) / giving up air popped popcorn (a similar calorie count) as an evening snack to make room in the calorie budget for the duration (fortunately, the recipe only makes 7 at at time .... and he enjoys them too.
    • Thrifty Thursday - tips to save a few $$ staying well away from the office cafeteria even for just coffee - saves $2 per cup, and waaaaayyy too many calories in the morning muffins. I pack both a breakfast and lunch, as well as a mid-afternoon nibble. While still in transition, I tend to shop at thrift stores that receive donations from ritzier neighbourhoods. I can often score high-end labels at bargain basement prices, and don't mind when I quickly out-grow (out-shrink?) them .... when they no longer fit I redonate them.
    • Throwaway Thursday - what are you getting rid of? clothes I bought in June 2018 are toooo big now; and we weeded the DVD collection in time for the next charity pick-up.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options

Thank you!

@mari_moulin , as a moderator, can you advise on the process? I know they are putting the new team spreadsheets together any time now ...

Yes changing teams is absolutely doable. Simply request a team change in the registration page. The moderator doing registrations this month will get you all set up!
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Thrifty Thursday My biggest savings have come from not eating out or getting carry out except for planned outings (no more stopping for a quick meal on my way to or from). Not only saves money, but obviously much better for healthy eating). Of course, those savings were immediately erased by all the new clothes I had to buy :smiley:
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

Steps week of 2/24

Sunday 2/24 - 8,250
    Monday 2/25 - 8,101
    Tuesday 2/26 - 12,994
    Wednesday 2/27 - 8,735
    Thursday 2/28 -
    Friday 3/1 -
    Saturday 3/2 -
  • Astrue
    Astrue Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Steps
    2/26 9,148
    2/27 15,686
  • Kittu125
    Kittu125 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Do we have to register for March. I haven’t seen big loss this week either ... not sure why I get stuck. But not tracking food intake so religiously might be one of the culprit. I am up with my excercise and steps. Hoping for another fantastic month with the team as this one I will take as a win and to know what went wrong . Let me know if I need to register again even for same team for next month

@mari_moulin love the green March idea. 💞I pledge to be in green on my Fitbit goals every week and even in weekends. Also to loose 4 lbs by end of March. 💪🏻💪🏻
This discussion has been closed.