WAIST AWAYS -- February 2019

Options

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 Feb 14 steps: 4668

(plus however many 30-inch strides are in 2 km) ... and an uncountable number shifting bins and boxes around for 2 hrs ....
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Foodie Friday Bring us your recipes, your substitutions, your changes in taste-bud tolerances .... anything at all related to edibles.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    I've been eating plain air-popped popcorn as my more-often-than-not evening snack so long that theatre popcorn (or even microwaved popcorn) tastes toooo greasy and salty now.

Same with most potato chips after the first one or two. Still can munch on Doritos (although they are seeming on the saltier side .... )
  • treebek
    treebek Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    This has been a crappy, challenging week for work. Long, long days and work dinners. I’m just beat. My food choices, while not horrible, we’re definitely not conducive to weight loss. Not to
    mention that I’m pms’ing.

I started to pull myself back together yesterday and will work like crazy over the next few days to detox my body before weigh in on Sunday.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Good luck treebek, I hope you get back on track.
    I've had a bad night with my baby up and I'm convinced tiredness messes with my appetite. I'm just sooo hungry and craving sugar! Not sure if there is science behind this but not fun!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    BMcC9
    Week 2 - Fridays
    PW: 140.9
    CW: 139.5
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    @perla4686b @treebevk

I know that getting overly tired is a major trigger for me. It took me quite awhile to recognize the the difference between being overly tired and overly hungry. (Probably because when I am overly tired eating something ... particularly high carb, and with added sugar ... does give me a short burst of energy.)
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    I broke past 140.0 yesterday (139.8!!!!!!! on Valentine's Day <3<3<3<3<3<3 )

And then continued the trend a bit farther this morning. So I am WELL on my way to a target 138.X by end of month. In fact, I am willing to specify LOWER END of 138.X

Yipppeeeee!! Congrats and welcome to maintenance. Well done!!!
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,803 Member
    Options
    Feb. Week 2
    PW : 195.5
    CW : 195.
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Name: Andrea

DAILY REFLECTION:
    Feel good. Weight still trending down, so far 1/2 pound this week. Made all my food/nutrition targets for yesterday despite having guests. Still too much snow for outdoor walking, so I spent time walking up and down the hall in my basement to get steps in. Also, I have a lot of stairs in my house and got 15 flights in without really making an effort.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options

(plus however many 30-inch strides are in 2 km) ... and an uncountable number shifting bins and boxes around for 2 hrs ....

according to http://www.kylesconverter.com/length/kilometers-to-steps that's around 2600 steps. Your strides are slightly longer than their calculation so you could safely add at least 2200. Plus shifting boxes, sounds like another 2000 easily! I think you could safely claim 8000. :p
  • jugar
    Options
    Good morning or whatever it is in your time zone!

Food. I have two things to share -

When craving sweet/carb/munchies - eat a whole grapefruit. Peel it, remove the thick white stuff, section it and eat it all. Somehow the slowness of getting it ready combined with its fantastic fibre count and sourness makes all the craving go away. I have been doing this for a while lately, and it works pretty well. Just keep them on hand and have one before succumbing to something ill-advised.

My all purpose, just about every day supper. One skillet. If you like all your food mixed together in one dish, this works really well and you can eat a large volume and feel really satisfied. I start with a very small amount of oil, and brown slices of parsnip, sweet potato, and/or eggplant, depending what's available. Sometimes all 3 (1 parsnip, half a sweet potato, one asian eggplant or part of a regular one). Get them good and brown by ignoring them while chopping other stuff. Then add any vegetables - beans, peppers, broccoli, cabbage, then kale, rapini, whatever looked good that week. Then for protein, I use fish or frozen shrimp, chickpeas or other beans, but you can put in a few oz. of your favourite protein. Throw a cover on for a few minutes and make the sauce of the day. Sometimes grated ginger with soy, mirin, and some hot sauce (whatever you like in a teriaki like taste), sometimes with pesto and lots of herbs, sometimes with tomato and herbs, some parmesan to finish, sometimes with green or yellow curry with coconut milk for an extra rich warming meal, sometimes with a mushroom sauce - you name it. Throw it all together, eat it in a bowl. I don't eat it with grains - the veg is enough. Eat the whole pan.
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I broke past 140.0 yesterday (139.8!!!!!!! on Valentine's Day <3<3<3<3<3<3 )

And then continued the trend a bit farther this morning. So I am WELL on my way to a target 138.X by end of month. In fact, I am willing to specify LOWER END of 138.X

Awesome job especially on Valentine's Day!!!
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Connie7355
    Week 2 Friday's
    PW: 199
    CW: 197.4
    I was surprised I lost that much with Valentine's Day being yesterday and my hubby took me out for dinner!!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    jugar wrote: »

according to http://www.kylesconverter.com/length/kilometers-to-steps that's around 2600 steps. Your strides are slightly longer than their calculation so you could safely add at least 2200. Plus shifting boxes, sounds like another 2000 easily! I think you could safely claim 8000. :p

Sounds about right to me .....

Feb 14 steps (revised): 8012

(if our official step-lister is also ok with that ... )
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    The scale called to me this morning and I couldn't resist. I wish I hadn't stepped on that darn scale. A week of staying well within my numbers and the scale showed an increase of 2 pounds. Why do I let that scale get the best if me. I didn't overeat and didn't go out for Valentine. I am hoping that on my official weighing in tomorrow some of that weight will go away. I have gone 1 month with only one weigh in on the scale once a week, why did I give in today???? :s
  • jugar
    Options
    The scale called to me this morning and I couldn't resist. I wish I hadn't stepped on that darn scale. A week of staying well within my numbers and the scale showed an increase of 2 pounds. Why do I let that scale get the best if me. I didn't overeat and didn't go out for Valentine. I am hoping that on my official weighing in tomorrow some of that weight will go away. I have gone 1 month with only one weigh in on the scale once a week, why did I give in today???? :s

You lost 4.4 pounds last week - the usual is around 2 pounds per week max, so don't worry if you have a wee bounce back. Sometimes a big change freaks something out and somehow we hold on to a bit of the weight even when eating and exercising well. It will settle down - you're doing great!
This discussion has been closed.