WAIST AWAYS -- February 2019

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    FEBRUARY FITNESS CHALLENGE for Team Waistaway!

Name: Liselyn

Your Personal Challenge:

FITNESS: Complete the last 2 weeks of 8 week program. Ends February 25. EVERY DAY!
    Go snowshoeing or other outdoor fun and games 5 days.

NUTRITION: Stay on or under allowed calories at least 5 days this week.

HYDRATION: Drink 1.5 litres water minimum daily.

ALCOHOL: No alcohol 5 days this week.

Week 2:

Sun - all OK.
    Mon - all OK, but drank beer.
    Tue - missed workout, but did moderator's ab challenge!
    Wed – tons of exercise – did my program, some core work, and went snowshoeing in the fresh wonderful snow. I did have a beer, but also drank a ton of water, and food intake was good.
    Thu - today I want to add a challenge - clear my desk off so I have a good place to write!
    Fri -
    Sat -

STEP CHALLENGE:

Sun - 3606
    Mon - 6372
    Tue - 9218
    Wed - 7258
    Thu -
    Fri -
    Sat -

DAILY REFLECTIONS:
    I am feeling a lot more on track today – the slump is being held at bay. I did not let the day or two of slowness stop me from getting the exercise done, and I made sure to eat right so that I actually felt like exercising. I find that a slip with food makes it much harder to exercise. Even if it is only timing, it is hard to exercise if I’m not happy with what is going on in the food department. I tried to take a photo for the week 2 challenge – lunge step-ups in snowshoes. Every step is kind of like that. But I could not get a photo with my mittens on and my arm isn’t long enough anyhow!
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    @jugar ... I can only imagine how much effort snow shoeing takes. Fortunately, we have grey, gloomy, cold but not that much snow, so I don't have to find out :smiley:
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Okay, I think I am actually ready for a personal challenge again.

Name: Andrea

Your Personal Challenge:

FITNESS: Get to 400 exercise calories on my new Apple Watch every day and meet the stand rings at least 12 hours.

NUTRITION: Keep average weekly deficit between 100-1000 daily per week. Eat at least 5 servings of fruit/vegetables per day. Also, over a one month period, average less than 1 pound in total of red meat, fish and chicken per week (I use beans for my other major source of protein).

HYDRATION: Drink 1.5 litres water minimum daily

ALCOHOL: None (actually have not had any this year so far).

DAILY REFLECTIONS:
    Used my stationary bike for about 10 mins yesterday and am walking up and down the hall in my basement to get steps in. If I can consistently get to 400 exercise calories per day, I will up it to 500. Gradually getting back to it.
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have a sodastream? Our water in the city is not very palatable, but the bubbles make it bearable. It has been a godsend for me. I am not really big anymore on drinking bottled water due to the plastic pollution which is a big problem in Canada.
  • willrunformartinis
    Options
    User name: willrunformartinis
    Week: 2
    Weight in Day: Thursdays
    PW: 178.5
    CW: 176.5

Step Challenge WTD
    2/10: 1,102
    2/11: 6,184
    2/12: 2,683
    2/13: 12,190
    @jugar

Personal Fit Challenge
    8k steps everyday
    This week I’ve been super busy with traveling and conferences so my steps have suffered 😩. BUT I do have a plan to make up for it. 8k is 56k for the entire week so I need to do 11,280 every day for the rest of the week. I’m getting it done 🏃🏾‍♀️! I’m super happy that I dropped another 2 pounds. Doing IF & a low carb (working up to Keto) has really worked for. I’ve done low carb before and it made me binge but with IF it’s helped me control urges better. Here’s to our continual success 🤙
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Steps 2/13
    9,314 woooooot!
    A record for me.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,401 Member
    Options
    Treating this like a Wed - I rejoined MFP due to health. Lost weight in 2004 and 2015 and it's crept back on in between those years. 2017 was breast cancer tx and last Thanksgiving was a hip replacement. The MDs say to walk & walk but then the other side starts up. So have been trying to be consistent. Then the monkey in my head pops up and I sabotage myself with food. I exercise consistently, drink copious amounts of water, upped the sleep hours, eat healthy, just too much.
    And my eldest son is getting married this fall and would really like to look great and have the energy to enjoy everything.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Just wondering .... when was the last time you re-set your MFP "assisted calorie goal" setup?

If it was more than 10 pounds ago and you are still eating at the old level, you may be honestly eating what you THINK you should be, but actually more than your BMR needs (what would keep you at your current weight if you were in a coma). When I hit my Normal BMI zone, I did a recalc, and my recommended intake dropped a bit. It has been steadily decreasing whenever I recalc'ed ever since I started last May (more than 20 pounds ago).

This is an often over-looked hidden cause for "plateaus". Once a person resets, and starts eating the CORRECTED number of calories for their CURRENT BMR, the plateau breaks.

By the way, MFP will NEVER give women less than 1200 calories per day as a recommended level, and warn you if you have not eaten enough.

And remember, as your weight drops, you should be stepping down the expected "lose X per week" level as well.

There is information on sticky-posts at the top of the Getting Started message board with details about realistic expectations and how to determine the rate of loss you should choose depending on how close you are to goal.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Does anyone else have a sodastream? Our water in the city is not very palatable, but the bubbles make it bearable. It has been a godsend for me. I am not really big anymore on drinking bottled water due to the plastic pollution which is a big problem in Canada.

My friend's daughter has one, and quite likes it.
  • jugar
    Options
    Okay, I think I am actually ready for a personal challenge again.

Name: Andrea

Your Personal Challenge:

FITNESS: Get to 400 exercise calories on my new Apple Watch every day and meet the stand rings at least 12 hours.

NUTRITION: Keep average weekly deficit between 100-1000 daily per week. Eat at least 5 servings of fruit/vegetables per day. Also, over a one month period, average less than 1 pound in total of red meat, fish and chicken per week (I use beans for my other major source of protein).

HYDRATION: Drink 1.5 litres water minimum daily

ALCOHOL: None (actually have not had any this year so far).

DAILY REFLECTIONS:
    Used my stationary bike for about 10 mins yesterday and am walking up and down the hall in my basement to get steps in. If I can consistently get to 400 exercise calories per day, I will up it to 500. Gradually getting back to it.

This is great - everything is measurable, and you can adjust as needed. I also eat very little meat (only fish, rarely chicken) so we can trade some recipes on Fridays - I find getting tons of fibre really helps.

And for soda stream - I don't have one of those, but I do make our own carbonated water. It is fantastic - I'll post some pictures of our crazy set up in case there are any other people who go to extremes like my husband who put whole thing together.
  • jugar
    Options
    User name: willrunformartinis
    Week: 2
    Weight in Day: Thursdays
    PW: 178.5
    CW: 176.5

Step Challenge WTD
    2/10: 1,102
    2/11: 6,184
    2/12: 2,683
    2/13: 12,190
    @jugar

Personal Fit Challenge
    8k steps everyday
    This week I’ve been super busy with traveling and conferences so my steps have suffered 😩. BUT I do have a plan to make up for it. 8k is 56k for the entire week so I need to do 11,280 every day for the rest of the week. I’m getting it done 🏃🏾‍♀️! I’m super happy that I dropped another 2 pounds. Doing IF & a low carb (working up to Keto) has really worked for. I’ve done low carb before and it made me binge but with IF it’s helped me control urges better. Here’s to our continual success 🤙

WOW. Great job! You are earning some kind of martini bar. Well-stocked and ready for you when you finish that 56k!
  • jugar
    Options
    Housekeeping ----

Late weigh-ins - please get them in!
    @GettingFitTash (Monday)
    @NikkiDT9211 (Tuesday)
    @nicole3921 and @TuesdayLucero (Wednesday)

Due Today
    @cory17

Due Tomorrow
    @Bear479
    @BMcC9
    @Connie7355
    @leni1us
    @Sue_01

This has been a strong week so far, with lots of good losses. Keep it up!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,401 Member
    Options
    This am wt 214.6
  • jugar
    Options
    For Thirsty Thursday a photo of my Fizz Making Apparatus. Of course, we do not make just any fizz. This is Deep Artesian Artisinal Hand Shook Carbonated Canadian Water

cekyghjp4kli.gif
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Personal challenge- Exercise 4x a week
    2/11- Yes! (upper body)
    2/12- Yes! (lower body)
    2/13- No (rest)
    2/14- No

No reason I didn't exercise today. It was a crummy night of sleep again, but I felt fine today.. I just.. didn't want to exercise. Really not laziness either like a UGH I don't want to. The day just sort of flew by and I didn't even think of doing it. /shrugs
    Debating if I want to start intermittent fasting again. I was doing it before Christmas. Christmas (and cheating eve and xmas day) came along and I just stopped doing it. /shrugs
    Maybe if it comes naturally I'll do it, but I won't push it.
    Diet was good today though. No Valentine's Day cheats other than having a little more than usual dairy for dinner (made a cheese sauce) :)
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,803 Member
    Options
    Step Challenge
    2/14 ---12,295
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Thirsty Thursday - I tried hot water with lemon last night. I used about a half a lemon. At first, I was taken aback by the tartness, but once it “steeped” I rather liked it. Something different to try to get that water in.
  • jugar
    Options
    Great steps @sue_01 - you and @Kittu125 are really on a roll!
  • jugar
    Options
    Thursday fitness report - all OK today. Water, no alcohol, exercise, steps (6,232), food.

I had a small success today – I ate lunch really late, and had more food than usual because I was so hungry. Then I did not feel like exercising at my usual time because I was full. Usually that makes exercise feel really unpleasant, and I use it as an excuse to skip it. This time I did it anyhow. I got in a good intense session, and earned that shower. So now I have to remember that it is possible!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Thirsty Thursday - I tried hot water with lemon last night. I used about a half a lemon. At first, I was taken aback by the tartness, but once it “steeped” I rather liked it. Something different to try to get that water in.

Try steeping fresh mint leaves from the herb section of the grocery store in hot water. VERY refreshing ...either hot or cold.
This discussion has been closed.