TEAM: Flab-U-Less (March)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215 or Craig @craigo3154 .

Replies

• mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Hi again everyone! Welcome to all of our newcomers. My name is Melinda and I am acting team captain right now. I have been active on mfp since mid-Jan of 2018 and this is my 7th round on the Biggest Loser Challenge. I started at a whopping 315lbs. after quitting an active job, having surgery, starting my own business, and being on very high doses of steroids. I am now down to 225lbs. which is almost where I spent the majority of my adult life. My diary is open for anyone's viewing pleasure and I am willing to help out in any way that I am able. As far as personal life/hobbies: I am married to my high school sweetie for 20 years, no kids, 2 cats. I own a carpet, tile, grout cleaning business which keeps me pretty active and I am nightshift 911. My husband and I build arcade cabinets and program emulators (think old-school Pac-Man), we like Cons, and pretty much anything fantasy or sci-fi. GO TEAM FLAB-U-LESS!!
  • sjuleesia
    sjuleesia Posts: 34 Member
    Hi! Looking forward to being a part of this challenger with everyone! So every Sunday I need to come to this thread in order to weigh in? Just want to make sure I don’t miss anything- the directions were wordy lol
  • Starshine15
    Starshine15 Posts: 457 Member
    I'm BAAAAA-CCK! This will be my 4th month with this challenge. I've been so much more accountable than before I joined. Thanks to all who inspire, motivate, advise me, especially @amram3582! It's also helped me to make a few friends, some of who share the keto plan with me.

I'm a humorist and professional speaker, a grandmother of 5, and care-giver of my disabled daughter and granddaughter. My name is Mary. My husband, Mr. Data, is my sweet William. He's loved me through thick and thin. I may be the oldest one (75yrs) on this team Flab-U-Less, so you've got to treat me with lots of respect! ;)

Fourteen years ago, I Iost 120 lbs after gastric bypass surgery. I've "maintained" that loss within 20lbs. When I started in Dec. I weighed 187.6 which is exactly what I weighed post surgery. Yesterday, I weighed in at 178.2 - almost 10 lbs gone thanks to The Biggest Loser Challenge. For health reasons, to feel better and to have a BMI of 26, I'd like to lose an additional 13 lbs. I had a crappy February with gaining 1.6 lbs! :'( I'm still new with keto and am learning how to better manage my keto macros while keeping my calories below 1400. My goal for February is to do that plus exercise 5 days a week and lose 5 lbs. I need to stop eating my exercise calories!!!!! :|

Good luck to all this in-like-a-lion, out-like-a-lamb month. Thanks to our team awesome captain, Melinda, @mram3582. With her help, we can be #1!
  • Starshine15
    sjuleesia wrote: »
    Hi! Looking forward to being a part of this challenger with everyone! So every Sunday I need to come to this thread in order to weigh in? Just want to make sure I don’t miss anything- the directions were wordy lol

Welcome, @sjuleesia! Yes, come to this thread - our team Flab-U-Less! Good luck!
  • mram3582
    mram3582
    Feb. Week 4
    PW: 225.8
    CW: 228.4
    Well, that is what I get for eating so much salt right before weigh day :/
  • Starshine15
    edited February 2019
    benbowers wrote: »
    I'm back for my month number two!

Hoping March is more fruitful than February!

Welcome back, @benbowers! I'm hoping the same for myself!
  • rekvar12
    rekvar12 Posts: 237 Member
    Hi this is my fourth month on the challenge. Started working on my health and weight 6 months back when my weight started shooting up a lot because of thyroid and bad eating habits. After 2 months, I was starting to lose motivation when I decided to join this challenge. The positive energy here is incredible and has motivated me whenever I wanted to give up. Didn't do too well in February and gained some weight, so hope I lose it in March!
  • mram3582
    Whoops. Didn't realize that I posted in March
  • mrs1spy
    mrs1spy Posts: 193 Member
    Hello lovely people,

I'm with you for my month number 3.
    February wasn't particularly good for me so will try my hardest in March

🤗
  • laurennkarp
    laurennkarp Posts: 10 Member
    Hi everyone! Happy to join the team!

I'm a school teacher in the humanities and a grad school student, so I've spent the last few years more sedentary than I should be and stess eating. I'm looking forward to this challenge as a fun way to keep myself motivated to change.

See you here on Sunday!
  • JodieParko
    JodieParko Posts: 31 Member
    Hi all, looking forward to being on the team and trying my best to be 'Flab-U-Less' :-) My weigh in day is on a Friday so will give you my starting weigh tomorrow - being Friday in Australia :-) A bit about me...I am 40, married, a mum to 2 energetic girls :-) I work at a Regional University as a Research Contracts Coordinator which I love :-) My girls are my cheerleaders and encourage me every day to be active so I am doing this for not only me but for them as well!!
  • Starshine15
    edited March 2019
    Good luck everyone! Tomorrow is March 1st! ...a new month ...a new chance to get it right!
  • empire5
    empire5 Posts: 256 Member
    Hi all,
    This is my 3rd month with team Flab-U-Less.
    I live in Australia with my husband and 3 young adult children. I started logging seriously on MFP a year ago and was 270lbs. I'm now at 209lbs.
    I like to check in here most days as it helps keep me on track.
    I failed miserably at the goals I set last month (which was to work on my flexibility on my off days at the gym) so will try to improve this month.
    :)
  • JodieParko
    JodieParko Posts: 31 Member
    Hi @mram3582. My weigh in day is a Friday so weighed in today (Fri in Aus) so have my starting weight as 290.5 :-)
  • Hi! I'm Sandra. I'm 42, live in Scotland, married and have 1 son who will turn 13 on Sunday. A teenager...noooo! :lol:
    I joined mfp years ago, weighing 191lbs. I managed to get down to 140-143lb and kept the weight off for a long time. Due to the grief of my Mum passing away and other life events, I regained most of my hard earned weight loss over the course of a couple of years and ended up weighing in at 179.4lb at the start of this year.
    I decided that enough is enough. 2019 is going to be my year. The year that I get to my goal weight. (140) I'm back on track, and have lost 9.2lb so far. 9.2 down, 30.4 to go! ;)
  • spinnerkind
    spinnerkind Posts: 91 Member
    Weekly weigh in (Friday)
    Name: spinnerkind

PW: 81.1.Kg (178.8 lbs)
    Cw: 81.1 kg (178.8 lbs)

I had a bad start for the month BUT I packed my running shoes into luggage before anything else. I'm going on holiday this evenenin until March 10 ! Doubt that they will have a scale in my hotel (will ask anyway) but maybe I can weigh in that Monday? Is hate to miss a week completely! @mram3582

Also welcome to all the newcomers!! Just reading your motivations motivated me all over again :smile:
  • Gideon737101
    Gideon737101 Posts: 8 Member
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight 206lbs
  • mram3582
    edited March 2019
    Hi again everyone! So....Sunday March 3rd. officially kicks off our March Challenge! This challenge runs from March 3rd to March 30th. So the 1st weigh ins will be those people that chose Sunday as their weigh day. Sorry for the confusion, it keeps things equal.
    We are also going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges again this month: Question of the Week and Daily Posts

First and foremost is that participation in these challenges is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

A side note as there has been a bit of confusion for new members in the past, this is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10 mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday/Date)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

The Question of the Week Challenge is a fun participation booster and we will be using it sometimes just as fun and sometimes it can help to foster new ideas for others as we all are different and have different experiences so sharing ideas can help someone else with motivation of freshening up their routine even!! Keep on the lookout for these questions.[/color]

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: November Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)
    Just type PW & CW if you'd like (or if it's easier, you could keep a note on your PC desktop to make it easier to copy and paste from week to week.)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for me to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

I'd like to help us be as successful as possible and if I can help in any way, please let me know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, I look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

I am committed to this group and to help where I can, and please let me know if I can help in any way!!

Your team Captain,
    Melinda @mram3582
  • mrs1spy
    mrs1spy Posts: 193 Member
    Username: mrs1spy
    Weigh in Day: Friday
    CW = 180.0 (March 1)
This discussion has been closed.