MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLE - March 2019

Options
Beka3695
Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
WELCOME MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLE!!

This chat room provides a place for the CHALLENGERS to meet and chat about the challenge, discuss any issues, post comments, share ideas, etc...

We are beginning the March Challenge - We have six (6) teams returning this month!!

Our group and team leaders for the March Challenge are as follows:

Our Moderators;
Steve - @steplaj (Group Owner, Moderator)
Greg - @Navydaddjtc (Moderator)
Maricela - @mari_moulin (Moderator)
Becky - @Beka3695 (Moderator)

Our Team Captains
Team Workout Warriors - @Navydaddjtc , @MelissaFeagins and @steplaj
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @Kres567
Team Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cyndiesstuff
Team WaistAways - @BMcC9 and @jugar
Team Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Team Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @Beka3695

Our Motivators
Team Workout Warriors - @Navydaddjtc
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @tess5036 and @Kres567
Team WaistAways - OPEN
Team Weight No More - @ihp2015 and @Mrsbell8well
Team Trimstones - @angmarie28
Team Shrinking Assets - @KelGen02

Captain’s responsibilities include:
* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
* Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.

Motivator’s Responsibilities include:
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Coordinate with your awesome team captains to see if they can use any assistance or if they have any specific tasks they feel you can assist with.

F2F-WLC CHALLENGES:
- - WEEKLY GROUP CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by teams for the entire group)
- - MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by the moderators of the group)
- - INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES (Challenges within teams themselves)

This Month’s Weekly Team Challenges provided by: (Team captains, please be ready with each weeks challenge...)
Week 1 – Team TBA
Week 2 - Team TBA
Week 3 - Team TBA
Week 4 - Team TBA

(Note:The team order for challenges follows the team order in the group standing sheet on the spreadsheets)

HOW OUR CHALLENGES WORK:
We have 4 total possible challenges and NONE are mandatory. Our challengers can do none or all it's up to them. So we have...

The F2F Weekly TEAM Challenge - posted each week on Sunday in the announcements by the team who is assigned that particular week (see above for your week). This is for the F2F Group as a whole.

F2F Moderators Challenge/Topic of the week - This challenge is provided each week in the announcements area. One of the moderators will either provide a challenge that will involve anything fitness, health, and nutrition.

Individual Team challenges - these are challenge done within your own team. You can chose daily, weekly, or monthly challenges (weekly seems to work best). You can make this whatever you wish as long as it's health and fitness related.

Step Challenge - This is being discontinued for the month of March.

Note: If for some reason your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let me know ahead of time so another team can take your place or so I can provide the challenge.

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified. Everything seems ready to go for MARCH. Registrations are almost done and we have quite a few new challengers. Make sure you are going into your new team threads to welcome anyone who has started posting. Let’s make our newbies feel welcome and show them some F2F love!!

THANKS, YOUR MODS

Replies

• cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Team Weight No More's 7 Days of Positive Self Talk

kc5d9nj2kikd.png
    Self Improvement Activity
    Control Your Thinking

Have you ever noticed that your mind has a mind of its own? You and I were created this way on purpose. Our minds take the path of least resistance. So if we have thought it before, it will be the go to thought in the future. The way we change this automatic thinking is to first be very mindful of our thoughts as they are happening. Once we start doing this, we will notice how many negative thoughts we get daily. Write them down to help really become aware of how you are talking to yourself and
    then write a replacement in the form of a positive thought. Next, as you observe your negative self talk happening inside your head, replace it with the positive statement. It takes some time to unlearn those old bad habits but it is so worth the work. It will be some of the most rewarding work you have ever done.

Now go to your team thread and let them know your positive self talk. The more you say it the more you will believe

• Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    WEEK 1 MODS CHALLENGE
    BUILD A BETTER BREAKFAST

jrscw37vp5sk.png
    Mornings can be hectic and crazy. But no matter how rushed your morning gets, there’s one habit you absolutely shouldn’t ditch from your morning routine: eating breakfast.

Science shows that regular breakfast eaters tend to be leaner and dieters are more successful at losing weight—and keeping it off—when they eat breakfast.

Another breakfast benefit: research has found that eating a breakfast that contains slower-burning carbohydrates instead of faster-burning breakfast foods helps maintain concentration and attention throughout the morning. So reach for whole-grain carbs that contain fiber like whole-wheat toast and oatmeal over refined carbs like white bread or sugary cereals.

So what should you reach for to keep yourself going all morning long until lunch? Make sure your breakfast includes something from each of the food groups below for a balanced and energizing start to your day.

—Lisa Valente, M.S., R.D.

SO HERE IS HOW THIS GOING TO WORK ... YOU MUST INCORPORATE ONE THE 3 FOLLOWING INGREDIENTS
    WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO TAKE A PRE PREPPING AND POST FINISH PRODUCT PHOTO AND POST IT ON THE MODS CHALLENGE PAGE FOR ALL TO SEE.
    WE ALSO WOULD LIKE TO SHARE THE RECIPE THAT YOU USE SO WE CAN BUILD OUR RECIPE CATALOGS

1)Protein....Adding protein to your breakfast helps keep you fuller for longer. Good protein sources at breakfast include Greek yogurt, eggs and cottage cheese.FOR RECIPE IDEAS TRY THIS LINK
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/18666/nutrient-focused-diets/high-protein/breakfast/

2) Whole Grains.....Eat whole grains to help you stay sharp and focused throughout the morning. Whole grains are slower-burning carbs, so you don't digest them as quickly. Plus you’ll get some essential vitamins and minerals. Try oatmeal, whole-wheat toast or a whole-wheat English muffin.
    FOR RECIPE IDEAS TRY THIS LINK
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/250916/breakfast-blueberry-oatmeal-cakes/

3)Fruit or Vegetables.....Getting your produce at breakfast isn't as hard as it seems. Choosing fruit or veggies gives your breakfast more vitamins, minerals and feel-full fiber. Try adding fruits to yogurt, a smoothie or eating them on the side of whatever else you're having. Go for green in a green smoothie or add some vegetables to your eggs.
    FOR RECIPE IDEAS TRY THIS LINK
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/251039/peanut-butter-jelly-smoothie/

I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHALLENGE AS I HAVE TRIED TO CREATE SOMETHING NEW AND DIFFERENT FOR ALL OF YOU
    ENJOY GREG

• JenAWhite
    JenAWhite Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Team Weight No More's 7 Days of Positive Self Talk

kc5d9nj2kikd.png
    Self Improvement Activity
    Control Your Thinking

Have you ever noticed that your mind has a mind of its own? You and I were created this way on purpose. Our minds take the path of least resistance. So if we have thought it before, it will be the go to thought in the future. The way we change this automatic thinking is to first be very mindful of our thoughts as they are happening. Once we start doing this, we will notice how many negative thoughts we get daily. Write them down to help really become aware of how you are talking to yourself and
    then write a replacement in the form of a positive thought. Next, as you observe your negative self talk happening inside your head, replace it with the positive statement. It takes some time to unlearn those old bad habits but it is so worth the work. It will be some of the most rewarding work you have ever done.

Now go to your team thread and let them know your positive self talk. The more you say it the more you will believe

I had to print this! Positive self talk always motivates me, but for some reason I don't do it enough. I might have to tape this to my bathroom mirror!! Thanks for posting.
  • embersdream
    embersdream Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! March is here!

@angielove88 and @embersdream - Welcome to Slimpossibles! We have a great, friendly group. I hope that it is as helpful to you as it is being for me.

A few things about me: mom, educator, lover of data and research, vegan, excited about benefits to me of healthy eating. Got very interested in process of building habits over the last 14 months of working on weight loss. I am on a 100+ pound weight loss journey, and am a little over 10 pounds from Goal #1. I will likely lose about another 10 pounds after that.

Thanks so much for the inclusion.
    Really grateful and happy I found this group and a great challenge.

I am a current Masters student, work for myself and and have two kids 16 and 11. I also have had chronic fatigue for quite a few years. Since I returned to study my weight has catapulted like theres no tomorrow and I now weigh the most I have ever weighed in my life, I have put on 36lbs in two years :( .
    I eat very healthy and keep my cals low, mostly low carb but not too strict, not much sugar etc but with the combination of chronic fatigue and intense academic study I just stopped my ( very regimented ) exercise routines, plus I had a knee reconstruction (end of 2015) and tore ligaments in my shoulder at the beginning of last year and I guess now Im in my 40's what worked in my 30's to stay slim just literally doesnt work anymore!! Hence why i am here.

MY GOALS:
    My first goal at this stage is to lose 32 lbs as soon as I can, but I am not sure anymore what is reasonable for me to achieve, as when I was 35, 32 lbs would drop off me easily if I needed it. Losing a pound or so a month I realise isnt the best strategy for me either, because for me seeing considerable progress motivates me more than anything. I am hoping that this month alone I can at least drop 10 lbs, what do you think or could i push for more? I am hoping to lose that 32 lbs in 3-4 months and then after that I will go for another 7-9 lbs to get to goal. I think thats pretty reasonable.

I am very determined and focused to achieve this goal as the weight has been significantly affecting my confidence levels and has made me feel very depressed at times which is not something I want to be. I feel like I need support and i am happy to also give support.
    SO here I am to smash this March challenge!!
  • JenAWhite
    JenAWhite Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Saturday CheckIn- mostly tracked, calories a little over, water almost, exercise lots of stretching and some strength exercises. Steps, 11,684. Sunday- since hips are screaming for some reason, resting/icing legs, some arm exercises, lots of water and green tea and track.
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @kres567 or @broncobuddee, the weight I sent in last week was from Tuesday, and I asked to be changed to a Tuesday weigh in date. Is that too much trouble? If it is, don't worry about it, but thought I'd ask. Thanks!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    GM AND WELCOME TO MARCH MADNESS...GREG HERE ONE OF THE MODERATORS...
    I AM HER TO REMIND YOU THAT THE MODERATORS HAS BEEN POST ON YOUR TEAM THREAD PLEASE CHECK AND SNAP A PHOTO OR TOO AND SHARE IT WITH US AT.....https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10730390/week-1-mods-challenge-build-a-better-breakfast#latest

HAVE FUN WITH THIS CHALLENGE AND HAVE A GREAT MARCH
    GREG
  • Ruthann2
    Ruthann2 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Username: Ruthann2
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 144.0
    Todays Weight: 142.6
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    pq9rodyevcfg.jpg

Welcome to our new members - and welcome back to returning members!!

I am Mark (@broncobuddee), a Slimpossible captain along with captain Jen (@Kres567). Team leadership also includes our awesome motivators Tami (UTMom81) and Terri (@tess5036). But we are really just the behind-the-scenes support to an great team with substantial participation by the team members.

Here are some pointers to get our new team members started:

1) Weigh-ins

Moderators have already posted instructions on the weigh-ins but as a reminder on your weigh-in day please post your weight in the following format:
    Username: (Your MFP username)
    Weigh in week: (The week you are entering your weight for ex. Week 4)
    Weigh in day: (The day you weigh in each week. Sat-Fri)
    Previous Weight: (The last weight you entered)
    Todays Weight: (Your weight on your chosen weigh in day)

2) Check-ins

Along with our weekly weigh ins, many team members also participate in daily check-ins. We recommend them as a way to stay accountable and provide the following information each day:

Calories: over/under?
    Water: over/under?
    Exercise:
    Goal or Improvement for tomorrow:

3) Challenges

There are three each week and each is optional.
    Team Challenge - @UTMom81 has already posted our team steam challenge - check it out!
    Group Challenge - this is a challenge sponsored by one of the teams across the group. Look for it to be posted either in our team discussion pages or in the main group page.
    Moderators Challenge - this is a challenge from one of the Moderators. Likewise, look for it to be posted within our team discussion pages or in the main group page.

Your participation is key!! Have a success today? Share it! A challenge? Share it! A question? Please ask! Some else is likely to benefit from your participation.

Finally, let's help welcome our new members with some introductions. Please share your name, where you live, how long you have been on MFP, and anything you want to share about your weight loss journey so far - successes, challenges, goals for the month.
  • broncobuddee
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    @kres567 or @broncobuddee, the weight I sent in last week was from Tuesday, and I asked to be changed to a Tuesday weigh in date. Is that too much trouble? If it is, don't worry about it, but thought I'd ask. Thanks!

All set!
  • broncobuddee
    Options
    Woohoo! March is here!

@angielove88 and @embersdream - Welcome to Slimpossibles! We have a great, friendly group. I hope that it is as helpful to you as it is being for me.

A few things about me: mom, educator, lover of data and research, vegan, excited about benefits to me of healthy eating. Got very interested in process of building habits over the last 14 months of working on weight loss. I am on a 100+ pound weight loss journey, and am a little over 10 pounds from Goal #1. I will likely lose about another 10 pounds after that.

Thanks so much for the inclusion.
    Really grateful and happy I found this group and a great challenge.

I am a current Masters student, work for myself and and have two kids 16 and 11. I also have had chronic fatigue for quite a few years. Since I returned to study my weight has catapulted like theres no tomorrow and I now weigh the most I have ever weighed in my life, I have put on 36lbs in two years :( .
    I eat very healthy and keep my cals low, mostly low carb but not too strict, not much sugar etc but with the combination of chronic fatigue and intense academic study I just stopped my ( very regimented ) exercise routines, plus I had a knee reconstruction (end of 2015) and tore ligaments in my shoulder at the beginning of last year and I guess now Im in my 40's what worked in my 30's to stay slim just literally doesnt work anymore!! Hence why i am here.

MY GOALS:
    My first goal at this stage is to lose 32 lbs as soon as I can, but I am not sure anymore what is reasonable for me to achieve, as when I was 35, 32 lbs would drop off me easily if I needed it. Losing a pound or so a month I realise isnt the best strategy for me either, because for me seeing considerable progress motivates me more than anything. I am hoping that this month alone I can at least drop 10 lbs, what do you think or could i push for more? I am hoping to lose that 32 lbs in 3-4 months and then after that I will go for another 7-9 lbs to get to goal. I think thats pretty reasonable.

I am very determined and focused to achieve this goal as the weight has been significantly affecting my confidence levels and has made me feel very depressed at times which is not something I want to be. I feel like I need support and i am happy to also give support.
    SO here I am to smash this March challenge!!

Welcome!!
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I are everything that wasn’t tied down yesterday. No way my 16k steps burned it all off. >:) No idea why I do that to myself sometimes, but I’m back on track and motivated today. Happy March, everyone!
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    I are everything that wasn’t tied down yesterday. No way my 16k steps burned it all off. >:) No idea why I do that to myself sometimes, but I’m back on track and motivated today. Happy March, everyone!

I had the exact same day!!!! All I can do to get past is remind myself that at least I did walk. I can imagine the even bigger trouble I would be in if I didn’t do my 45 minute power walk yesterday. Scary thought!!

And your awesome post about the Appalachian Terrill totally motivates me to do another power walk today - with inclines so I can get those stairs in!!!
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,795 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday)
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes under
    water over
    Exercise: no
    Goals today - Go to church and take it easy
    steps-5283
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Welcome @angielove88 and @embersdream! @embersdream it's great to have you on board.

@UTMom81 has set up a great step challenge, we've done these before and they are great!!! Thank you Tami, it's a great motivator seeing the pictures.

If anyone else has a Fitbit you are welcome to join our Fitbit group as well, just send me a message and add me on Fitbit
    https://www.fitbit.com/user/53Q6MJ and I'll hook you up with everyone else :)

I've issued a new challenge to start on Monday, bit the challenges on Fitbit are limited to 10 people only, if you try to accept and it's full, let me know do I can set up another one :)
  • angielove88
    angielove88 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hey team!

Omg. I feel like I had to catch up with everyone today. Thanks for the welcome!

My name is Angie. I'm 30 years old. I live in Santa Barbara, CA.
    This is my 2nd go around on MFP. I did lose weight the first time around although I did find myself get comfortable with my weight and stopped working out. I also started a new job since then and that's where I gained a lot of the weight back. I work as a baker and man it's been hard this past month and a half since I've started back up.
    My goals right now is just to keep up with my workouts and portion control. Ultimately I'd like to get down to 140ish lbs.

My weigh in is on Mondays so I'll update tmrw.
    3/2:
    Saturday steps: 16,466
    Calories : under
    Water : on target
    Exercise : 30 mins of 21 day Fix

This discussion has been closed.