WAIST AWAYS - March 2019

Options

Replies

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    For March, the Step Challenge will only be within this team. More than enough of you find it motivating on an ongoing basis.

I am posting a list of 1 - 10 ... please put your name beside a number if you want to participate. I am not auto-rolling names over, in case you want to pause for a month and concentrate on something else. @jugar is out of town, and I won't be adding my name this time.

So if you were on last month's step challenge and want to keep at it, PLEASE ADD YOUR NAME The first thee people have already specifically asked about it.
    1. @Blackbeautysue
    2. @sue_01
    3. @micki48
    4. @Astrue
    5. @mari_moulin

If all 10 slots are taken, you can STILL add your name below. There is no cap on the time size anymore.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    For March, the Step Challenge will only be within this team. More than enough of you find it motivating on an ongoing basis.

I am posting a list of 1 - 10 ... please put your name beside a number if you want to participate. I am not auto-rolling names over, in case you want to pause for a month and concentrate on something else. @jugar is out of town, and I won't be adding my name this time.

So if you were on last month's step challenge and want to keep at it, PLEASE ADD YOUR NAME The first thee people have already specifically asked about it.
    1. @Blackbeautysue
    2. @sue_01
    3. @micki48
    4. @Astrue
    5. @mari_moulin
    6. @evangsimmons170

If all 10 slots are taken, you can STILL add your name below. There is no cap on the time size anymore.

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,403 Member
    Options
    vttmv2awd3o1.jpg
    Now it's your turn .... Make this a reality in your Monday!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    New Monday ... new Month ... New Year (if you go by the old Julian calendar .. and astrologically speaking the start of Ares (the ram) on March 21 is the start of a new twelve-sign cycle ... )

What is going to be new, or re-newed for and by you?

Let's hear it, phrased as POSITIVES! (so instead of "I am cutting out eating X" .... say "I am adding in Y" or "I am keeping my carbs in the Green 5 days a week"

Instead of "I won't buy those muffins in the office cafeteria" ,,,, phrase it as "I will save money (maybe even $X) by assembling and packing grab-and-go snacks at home that fit my macros"
  • BMcC9
    Options
    I am starting a new dynamic core exercise program, put together by a Latin dance-competition choreographer. I already know the bio-mechanics from other dancing I have done in the past ... and to me it doesn't FEEL like exercise when you are busy doing the salsa, samba or meringue.

(lots more fun than burpees or planks, but works the same muscles to the max when you do it right)
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Reminder: Team Weight No More's 7 Days of Positive Self Talk challenge

kc5d9nj2kikd.png
    Self Improvement Activity
    Control Your Thinking

Have you ever noticed that your mind has a mind of its own? You and I were created this way on purpose. Our minds take the path of least resistance. So if we have thought it before, it will be the go to thought in the future. The way we change this automatic thinking is to first be very mindful of our thoughts as they are happening. Once we start doing this, we will notice how many negative thoughts we get daily. Write them down to help really become aware of how you are talking to yourself and
    then write a replacement in the form of a positive thought. Next, as you observe your negative self talk happening inside your head, replace it with the positive statement. It takes some time to unlearn those old bad habits but it is so worth the work. It will be some of the most rewarding work you have ever done.

Now go to your team thread and let them know your positive self talk. The more you say it the more you will believe

• BMcC9
    Options
    If you have already added your name to the stepping list ... ready ... set ... START POSTING!

I will be looking for reports back-dated to Sunday March 3.

Don't hesitate to jump in if you haven't signed up yet! Even if you weren't counting earlier, just start.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    WEIGH-IN:

User = evangsimmons170
    Week = 1
    Weigh-in Day = Monday (3/4/19)
    Previous Weight = 338.2 (as of last week's weigh-in on 2/25/19)
    Current Weight = 338.2

STEP CHALLENGE:

03/03/19              13,016 

DAILY GOAL:

Name: evangsimmons170

Your Personal Challenge: At least 30 minutes of deliberate exercise Monday through Saturday

Week 1
    Monday
    Tuesday
    Wednesday
    Thursday
    Friday
    Saturday

Comments: While I appreciate not having a gain since last week's weigh-in, I cannot afford complacency. My issue to tackle this month is consistent exercise. Next week's weigh-in WILL show a loss! I got this!
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join the step challenge starting today
    Username: martinesther88
    Step goal: 10000 a day
    Im hoping this will keep me motivated to move more 😊
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    ATTN ALL CHALLENGERS ATTN ALL CHALLENGERS
    IT WITH A SADDENED HEART THAT I AM PASSING ALONG TO YOU THAT STEVE'S @STEPLAJ MOTHER DIED THIS AFTERNOON. PLEASE KEEP STEVE AND HIS FAMILY IN YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS AS WE GO THROUGH OUR WEEK.
    GREG

CORRECTION MY BAD IT'S HIS MOTHER IN LAW
  • BMcC9
    edited March 2019
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    wy6r22f2jbyx.jpeg
    This morning’s breakfast with protein, whole grains, veggies, and fruit.

Looks yummy!

I had a ham&cheese omelette with whole wheat toast and a Halo mandarin orange (similar but less (and less varied) fruit.)
  • BMcC9
    edited March 2019
    Options

So if you were on last month's step challenge and want to keep at it, PLEASE ADD YOUR NAME
    1. @Blackbeautysue
    2. @sue_01
    3. @micki48
    4. @Astrue
    5. @mari_moulin
    6. @evangsimmons170
    7. @martinesther88

Seven high-steppers so far .... still room for some more .... I will set up the names and first entries you have given me tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

Don't be shy to join at any time. You don't need to "backdate report" if you weren't already tracking steps, or request a substitute if Life gets in the way later in the month and you happen to have to skip reporting for a bit. This is just between us.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Reminder for Weigh-In reports due today (cut and paste list not edited for those who already reported above)

Astrue 2 - Mon
    evangsimmons170 2 - Mon
    LiLee2018 2 - Mon
    MoStacy 2 - Mon
    Perla4686 2 - Mon
    reflectionofme 2 - Mon
    tdrjustus3 2 - Mon

Head's Up for Tomorrow, only one Tuesday Regular:

NikkiDT9211 3 - Tue
  • BMcC9
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    Feb was crap, I did not make weight loss happen. March will be different. I intend to see a lower # at the beginning of April. No more mental resignation.

What did you find the most difficult? What can we help you "strategize for success" about?

Start small with one habit at a time - and swap in something you can see yourself sustaining long-term. That can be different for everyone in totality, but there will be more than enough common ground that we can make suggestions that might spark ideas for you re adapting to suit you.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Yooo-Hooooo! Calling @MissBeckiC1

We missed you Sunday!

Please let us know your Week 1 weigh-in.
    (If you would prefer a different Weekly Weigh-In day than Sunday going forward, just let me know)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    Options
    Andreabroadley
    Sunday - Week 1
    Previous Weight: 168.3
    Current Weight: 167.8

I am still eating well, need to have a few more dr visits, but hopefully will get the "all clear" this week to start back at higher calorie deficit and exercising more. I would still like to hit my personal year-end goal of 150, but I will just have to be patient.

Sometimes life gives you lemons, and you just have to make unsweetened lemonade!

Have a great week everyone.

You're in the GREEN! Great start to week 1
  • jugar
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Reminder for Weigh-In reports due today (cut and paste list not edited for those who already reported above)

I added the @ signs so it reminds you more directly ;)
    @Astrue 2 - Mon
    @evangsimmons170 2 - Mon - DONE! Thanks
    @LiLee2018 2 - Mon
    @MoStacy 2 - Mon
    @Perla4686 2 - Mon
    @reflectionofme 2 - Mon
    @tdrjustus3 2 - Mon

Head's Up for Tomorrow, only one Tuesday Regular:

@NikkiDT9211 3 - Tue

I'm back on spreadsheet duty - it's great having a bit of time on my hands :smiley:
  • Astrue
    Astrue Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Username: Astrue
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 145.1
    CW: 143.5
  • jugar
    Options
    Another beautiful, freezing day in Wainwright, Alberta!
    I am excited that my daughter's furniture truck arrives tomorrow - we will have dishes and pots and pans and utensils! It has been tricky, but we have eaten fairly well in spite of camping out in her place waiting for the movers to arrive. For a week. We know all the things you can buy at the grocery store that do not require any of the above...

The best thing in this week is that we have a great exercise schedule. With my daughter in the army, PT is required every morning before she starts work, but she has 2 days a week when that is on her own, so we have done great exercise sessions here at the empty apartment on those days, and I have kept up with my own exercise routines and videos on days when she is exercising with her team. I'm happy to report that at 65, I am better on certain exercises than a 26 year old army person! And I keep up pretty well on many others. Just don't invite me to the 26 laps in a frag vest on Wednesday, ok? Those suckers are heavy.

In a way it has been good that the moving truck did not arrive quickly - I am enjoying seeing my daughter settle in to her new job, start to get to know her team, and hearing the hilarious stories about the gang of recruits she gets to boss around. 19 year-old boys do not stand a chance! But they at least get a good laugh and enjoy her way of working so far.

OK, back to work. Then I'll bundle up and get out for a walk in the freezing wind. Have a great Monday, all!
This discussion has been closed.