WAIST AWAYS - March 2019

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,155 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Have you checked out the week 1 challenge of 8 minutes / day ? No matter how busy you are, betcha can do this!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10729290/raise-the-bar-8-minutes-7-days-strength-challenge-by-team-trimstone#latest

Thanks, Team Trimstone!
  • jugar
    Options
    Astrue wrote: »
    Username: Astrue
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 145.1
    CW: 143.5

Some serious GREEN there! Well done.
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thank you for allowing me to join this team. My aunt @micki48 is on here and I wanted to be on the same team! I have just started back on my journey to eat healthier and move more. I am a stay at home mom to three kids, 2 doodles, 2 cats and my 7 chickens! My husband is retired Coast Guard and is now working delivering office supplies. We love it since he is home more!

He is a great support so I am extremely thankful for that.

I can’t wait to get to know everyone and have so much support and be held accountable!

☺️
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,414 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Have you checked out the week 1 challenge of 8 minutes / day ? No matter how busy you are, betcha can do this!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10729290/raise-the-bar-8-minutes-7-days-strength-challenge-by-team-trimstone#latest

Thanks, Team Trimstone!

Just checked this out .... If I tried the 10 push-ups, it would probably take MORE than 8 minutes what with recovery inbetween each one. (squats were never an issue for me either as body-weight or with light hand-weights - same with jumping jacks. Very strong legs and lungs. :D Arms on the other hand ..... :s ) LOL.

I can try the Dumbbell one ... starting with 5 lbs per hand and maybe graduating to 10s (max available at home would be 15)

I saw @mari_moulin on the linked thread. Anyone else from here going to try it?
  • BMcC9
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I'm back on spreadsheet duty - it's great having a bit of time on my hands :smiley:

If you are back on spreadsheet duty .... @Perla4686 wants to change her weigh in day to Wednesdays, and @treebek wants to change hers from Sunday to Saturday. I haven't tried switching them within the list because I am not sure what that might do to formulas.

I will go back to being First Officer again.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Reminder for Weigh-In reports due today (cut and paste list not edited for those who already reported above)

Astrue 2 - Mon
    evangsimmons170 2 - Mon
    LiLee2018 2 - Mon
    MoStacy 2 - Mon
    Perla4686 2 - Mon
    reflectionofme 2 - Mon
    tdrjustus3 2 - Mon

Head's Up for Tomorrow, only one Tuesday Regular:

NikkiDT9211 3 - Tue

I had requested a change to wednesday for weigh-in in the Feb thread. Is that still ok?
  • jugar
    Options

Thanks, Team Trimstone!

Just checked this out .... If I tried the 10 push-ups, it would probably take MORE than 8 minutes what with recovery inbetween each one. (squats were never an issue for me either as body-weight or with light hand-weights - same with jumping jacks. Very strong legs and lungs. :D Arms on the other hand ..... :s ) LOL.

I can try the Dumbbell one ... starting with 5 lbs per hand and maybe graduating to 10s (max available at home would be 15)

I think you can make up your own - just pick 3 exercises that give you a bit of a challenge and circle on through for 8 minutes. Those pesky push-ups can go take a hike!
  • jugar
    Options
    I'm back on spreadsheet duty - it's great having a bit of time on my hands :smiley:

If you are back on spreadsheet duty .... @Perla4686 wants to change her weigh in day to Wednesdays, and @treebek wants to change hers from Sunday to Saturday. I haven't tried switching them within the list because I am not sure what that might do to formulas.

I will go back to being First Officer again.

The day changes are done - all ok for @Perla4686 and @treebek!

And you are certainly not first officer - co-captains of equal and differing fabulous talents, eh? Coupla Canadians keeping everyone cool...
  • jugar
    Options
    AmyRobF wrote: »
    Thank you for allowing me to join this team. My aunt @micki48 is on here and I wanted to be on the same team! I have just started back on my journey to eat healthier and move more. I am a stay at home mom to three kids, 2 doodles, 2 cats and my 7 chickens! My husband is retired Coast Guard and is now working delivering office supplies. We love it since he is home more!

I can’t wait to get to know everyone and have so much support and be held accountable!

☺️

This is great! @micki48 has been doing really well, and I'm sure you will too. I'll bet those doodles keep the step count up with you, and the whole rest of the menagerie (including kids!) must keep you hopping. In any case, we are glad to have you, and hope you'll get the help and support to become healthy and strong. Never hesitate to post any questions, share your rants and struggles, and brag about success. Welcome!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,271 Member
    Options

Thanks, Team Trimstone!

I will be trying some of the strength training for 8 minutes. I may try the kettleball. It’s been awhile since I’ve used it. A lot of my work lately has been more cardio and legs.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,271 Member
    Options
    AmyRobF wrote: »

☺️

This is great! @micki48 has been doing really well, and I'm sure you will too. I'll bet those doodles keep the step count up with you, and the whole rest of the menagerie (including kids!) must keep you hopping. In any case, we are glad to have you, and hope you'll get the help and support to become healthy and strong. Never hesitate to post any questions, share your rants and struggles, and brag about success. Welcome!

I’m so glad @AmyRobF is doing this. This group is great and I’m glad you are here.

Thanks for giving her a warm welcome. @jugar

Let’s do this Amy!! Want to join our step challenge? It’s just our team recording steps here. It has been so motivating for me.

Speaking of steps...

Sunday 8,260
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Astrue wrote: »
    For March, the Step Challenge will only be within this team. More than enough of you find it motivating on an ongoing basis.

I am posting a list of 1 - 10 ... please put your name beside a number if you want to participate. I am not auto-rolling names over, in case you want to pause for a month and concentrate on something else. @jugar is out of town, and I won't be adding my name this time.

So if you were on last month's step challenge and want to keep at it, PLEASE ADD YOUR NAME The first thee people have already specifically asked about it.
    1. @Blackbeautysue
    2. @sue_01
    3. @micki48
    4. @Astrue
    5. @leni1us

If all 10 slots are taken, you can STILL add your name below. There is no cap on the time size anymore.

• reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 163.6
    CW: 159.8
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options

Thanks, Team Trimstone!

This was actually last weeks cchalleneg. This weeks is provided by waistaways and about self love.

BUT there is no reason you can’t still do last weeks as well xxx
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Steps for monday March 4th were 9,770 so close! Im going to hit 10,000 today!
    Congrats to reflectionofme for geting to the 150's!!! I cant wait until i get there with you. 😉
  • jugar
    Options

Thanks, Team Trimstone!

This was actually last weeks cchalleneg. This weeks is provided by waistaways and about self love.

BUT there is no reason you can’t still do last weeks as well xxx

oops. guess I am really behind the times!!!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Talk It Out Tuesday Need to vent? Something puzzling you? Have a question?

Let it loose. See what the combined knowledge and varied experiences of Team WaistAways can come up with to support and strategize.

(Which translates as "respond to others' posts")
  • BMcC9
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I had heard of Leslie Sansone's Walking Workouts, and maybe even seen a dvd or two in a store from time to time.

On the weekend, I bought what I THOUGHT was a second-hand digital pedometer at the thrift store (with her branding on it) But on closer inspection, I discovered that this seems to be more like the vehicle for her Digital Downloadable products.

With warmer weather possibly showing up by the end of NEXT month .... something that gets me burning my calories OUTSIDE for a change would expand my (anticipated) maintenance activity options. And I would respond better to audio-guided walking and music at a suitably brisk pace better in terms of frequency and actually getting out and DOING it than "just ... briskly(?) ... walking" much the same routes around my house over and over.

I am not very into personal device type digital-anything content or apps (don't even own a "dumbphone" personal cell) and I have no current experience with any of Leslie Sansone's programs.

This appears to have come pre-loaded with:
    • energy boosting walk.amv
    • five-hundred step walk.amv
    • health booster walk.amv

Is anyone is familiar with her style and material? I saw on her website that there is a raft of other digital downloads available for sale as well.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    [1hv9bjjhh1sk.jpg

Too many people lose heart because their ultimate goal seems too far away and thus is unattainable. But, we actually live in day-tight compartments. Do what needs to be done today for today...tomorrow, you can do it again.
    ==========
    Great advice found at the opening of the Daily Thread on my reporting accountability challenge.
  • Bear479
    Bear479 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Talk It Out Tuesday Need to vent? Something puzzling you? Have a question?

Let it loose. See what the combined knowledge and varied experiences of Team WaistAways can come up with to support and strategize.

(Which translates as "respond to others' posts")

I'm curious for those who have lost weight what did you do with your old bigger clothes. Did you let them go or hold on to them in case the weight crept back on?
This discussion has been closed.