an omnivore's omad journey

Options
asgentr
asgentr Posts: 228 Member
My name is Amy. I’m 44, 5’7 and 184 lbs. Aside from losing 30lbs, my goal is to ENJOY the process, because this pursuit seems to be a constant part of midlife.

I can’t express how thrilled I am that I can enjoy food fully and still lose weight. On CICO and keto I felt such a loss. I love food!

This is my progress thread. I’ll take photos of my meals when I can and posting weight weekly.

I look forward to sharing this journey with all of you. Your posts are inspiring.

Replies

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Welcome and glad you started your own thread! This is a great group of supportive members! Best of luck with your journey!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Glad you started a thread! Sending you luck and strength from MI! :)
  • asgentr
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome! Today I face my first logistical challenge. A friend is coming at 5:30 with sashimi salad for both of us. My eating window is usually in the range of 1-2/3. I'm wondering if I should make it a 2mad, fast until 5:30, or find a way to politely decline dinner while still offering wine, etc. that I will not be sharing.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    asgentr wrote: »
    Thank you for the welcome! Today I face my first logistical challenge. A friend is coming at 5:30 with sashimi salad for both of us. My eating window is usually in the range of 1-2/3. I'm wondering if I should make it a 2mad, fast until 5:30, or find a way to politely decline dinner while still offering wine, etc. that I will not be sharing.

I say, EAT WITH HER! Make it your first longer fast, and call it your first challenge! :) A little hot tea with make those few hours extra FLY by :)
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I would vote for waiting as well!!!!! That way you can still enjoy ---the beauty of OMAD is it is your own time ----love that part...…

• mistymeadows2005
    Options
    I would vote for waiting as well!!!!! That way you can still enjoy ---the beauty of OMAD is it is your own time ----love that part...…

PREACH! YASSSSSSSSSS GIRL! Don't hafta skip out on ANY of the social stuff! WOOT WOOT!
  • SoulSisterSoulBrother
    SoulSisterSoulBrother Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group, its very supportive with great members.

You can always make those days a cheat day. When I have dinners on non cheat days (for example due to work commitments) I just eat something small and filling for lunch (like cottage cheese or some baked beans which are low in calorie clearly marked) and then i eat the dinner as the main meal and dont worry about it. The best thing in Omad that you can tailor it to your life. It doesnt have to be a religion.. :0) You WILL lose weight regardless. I LOVE OMAD the best ‘diet’ ever. I never ever thought I can like a ‘diet’, eat whatever AND lose weight.

After a while I started to see the patterns in how my body works, My body hates pasta for example. I get worse insulin reaction from pasta dishes then from chocolate and chips together (well now you can see my recent ‘diet’ food choices - hahha ooops). Strange but true. My body loves rice and chicken for example. I think everyone is different. BUT my bodies favorites are beans, chickpea, lentils and celery. Not sure i approve but sometimes I indulge it and then its sooo happy. I think you just able to see after a while how your body reacts to different foods.
  • asgentr
    Options
    I've continued my fast for 26 hours. I feel pretty good, but I don't want to be out of sorts when company comes, so I think I will break the fast in an hour. I don't want to start making big exceptions or having cheat days so early in the game. This seems like an acceptable compromise. I'm looking forward to dinner!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    YAY! Nice compromise! Remember...if it works for ya and is sustainable, it's a go :)
  • asgentr
    Options
    iz09b8i7o6wn.jpg

I ate only half of the natto beans shown, but with peanut butter. Salmon, brussel sprouts, chickpeas, cashews, peanut noodles.

My friend cancelled, so it was all for naught. However, I had my first 27 hour fast.
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I've continued my fast for 26 hours. I feel pretty good, but I don't want to be out of sorts when company comes, so I think I will break the fast in an hour. I don't want to start making big exceptions or having cheat days so early in the game. This seems like an acceptable compromise. I'm looking forward to dinner!

Welcome!

A small low carb snack works for me, something to prep for digestion in this situation. Your body will adjust the longer you do this and should be a minimal issue.

• mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Nice on the new longest fast!!! WOOHOO!! That salmon looks AWESOME!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the OMAD group Amy :)
  • asgentr
    Options
    No stats to report today. Just thoughts. How much time we waste on food! And “artificial” exercise.

Yesterday was a longer eating window, no-counting day. My cancelled dinner/play date from Monday came over and it kind of threw off my eating window. I thought of Joe’s video “Don’t Break the Spell.” Lets see if I can still cast my spell today.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    No stats to report today. Just thoughts. How much time we waste on food! And “artificial” exercise.

Yesterday was a longer eating window, no-counting day. My cancelled dinner/play date from Monday came over and it kind of threw off my eating window. I thought of Joe’s video “Don’t Break the Spell.” Lets see if I can still cast my spell today.

You've got this Amy! Keep it simple and straight forward and stay the course, trust the process :)
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Just get right back to OMAD tomorrow :)
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Hi there and a warm welcome <3:3
  • asgentr
    Options
    Yesterday and today were technically fine, but I made poor food/logistical choices today due to mid-day travel. I wound up eating low-nutrient, high carbohydrate food without enough water. However, it was under 1300 calories and within my eating window. Tomorrow should be a more normal day without travel or distractions. I'm really hoping to leave the 180s by the end of the month.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Some of my OMAD days are low nutrient and high carb also but as long as your calories are low you'll be fine :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Yeah it sounds like you made it work for ya, AND in your calorie and time window! That's a win! PLUS that's the beauty of OMAD :)