March 2019 group?

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    kilobykilo wrote: »
    Full on blister on my sole, hoping it'll be okay for a run tomorrow, but am hobbling at the moment!

Well done everyone getting the runs in!

Make sure your shoes fit right and you have good socks.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Ok skipping week one day three.... have a less walk heavy day today which should help with the blisters but not gonna run again until Friday and go straight in with week 2 day 1 to keep on plan, won't be skipping runs in later weeks though!

I wouldn't worry about getting 'behind' on the plan, doing all the runs will benefit you more.
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Ok skipping week one day three.... have a less walk heavy day today which should help with the blisters but not gonna run again until Friday and go straight in with week 2 day 1 to keep on plan, won't be skipping runs in later weeks though!

I wouldn't worry about getting 'behind' on the plan, doing all the runs will benefit you more.
    Very good point, I'm just impatient, with everything!

Sole blisters is a problem I've had on and off forever.... My dad is susceptible too and I inherited his rubbish feet. Not from jogging for 20 minutes but from my first really active three days in a row for too long! They'll toughen up in a bit until I'm lazy again....! Although learnt the hard way to rest them when they're bad :)
  • Coffeeonice
    Coffeeonice Posts: 303 Member
    W2 D2 done. It was fine. W2 D3 is a little step up 1.5min run + 2 min walk x 6. I should manage it ok.
    My 'runs' are slow but I want to be able to complete the time and will work on the pace later.

Don't worry about repeating weeks. I am happy to repeat as often as I need to. I expect after another week or 2 I might have to repeat but I am ok with that as long as I finish it.

• Just_Ceci
    W2, D2 done yesterday- 1.3 miles for the run/walk part (19 minutes)
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,367 Member
    W2D2 done! Ran by the sea as the sun was going down - was lovely (if cold!)
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Week 5 complete... I can’t believe I did it. 20 minutes was a big mental hurdle for me. Now I feel empowered!
  • VanVanDiane
    Week 5 complete... I can’t believe I did it. 20 minutes was a big mental hurdle for me. Now I feel empowered!

I'm only on week 2 and I'm already not looking forward to week 5!
  • kilobykilo

Whoop! Well done!
  • kilobykilo
    Finally have happy feet again so did w1d3 this morning. Looking forward to week 2 on Sunday:)
  • VanVanDiane
    Week 2 complete! We've settled into running along the side of the sea - it's flat and pedestrian only, and has fairy lights along it when dark so ticks all the boxes for the moment - not to mention being beautiful, even on a wet and windy day like today when the and sky are completely grey
  • kilobykilo
    Week 2 complete! We've settled into running along the side of the sea - it's flat and pedestrian only, and has fairy lights along it when dark so ticks all the boxes for the moment - not to mention being beautiful, even on a wet and windy day like today when the and sky are completely grey

That sounds like a great spot! I go along the river through a park, it's also a lovely place to spend time! W2 day 1 in the morning if my foot is behaving!
  • emmamcgarity
    Week 6 run 1 complete. I procrastinated most of today then finally put my shoes on and went out. Felt good once I finally got to it.
  • kilobykilo
    Week 6 run 1 complete. I procrastinated most of today then finally put my shoes on and went out. Felt good once I finally got to it.

Well done, you're bossing this program!

Week 2 day 1 for me, really enjoyed it.... seemed easier than the first week somehow, maybe just a change in headspace....
  • emmamcgarity

Well done, you're bossing this program!

Week 2 day 1 for me, really enjoyed it.... seemed easier than the first week somehow, maybe just a change in headspace....

I think you are right that it gets easier as you go along. So far the first two weeks and beginning of week 3 were the hardest for me. My joints and my lungs were wondering why I was torturing them.
  • kilobykilo
    My fitbit thinks I was fully exerting myself today, but my body/lungs/head really didn't.

All that gives me any bother is my legs feeling heavy from half way through on....
  • Just_Ceci
    I did W3D1 on Saturday distance version- run 200 yards, walk 200 yards, run 400 yards, walk 400 repeat. I also rode my bike on Saturday and Sunday. I am really regretting my inactive winter.
  • kilobykilo
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I did W3D1 on Saturday distance version- run 200 yards, walk 200 yards, run 400 yards, walk 400 repeat. I also rode my bike on Saturday and Sunday. I am really regretting my inactive winter.

Perhaps a silly question, but how do you measure the distance? Good work on the active weekend!
  • kilobykilo
    edited March 2019
    Week 2 day 2 done! Hurt a bit today as I'm sore from a workout but, was more than doable, even at 7am :)
  • Coffeeonice
    Coffeeonice Posts: 303 Member
    Week 3 day 1 done this morning. 7 sessions completed. Found it ok. Legs feel a bit heavy by the end but my lungs were ok. I don't run very fast though. Working on time fist and then will work on pace.
    Good to read about all the progress. We can finish this!