WAIST AWAYS - April 2019

Options

Replies

• martarena
    martarena Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Throwaway Thursday! - getting rid of house items, clutter, clothes, the going to spin away!! ๐Ÿšด๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿšด๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Threat Thursday

Having the table in our staff room at work being filled with "treats" on a daily basis. Yesterday it was mini eggs, chips and cheesies
    41l13saq5oxb.jpg
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,447 Member
    Options
    We will try out making our first batch of sorbet / sherbet in the new do-dad this weekend.

But I will need to go shopping for ingredients first .... Any particulary fruit/flavour recommendations, @jugar ?

• tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Tdrjustus3
    Week Day: Monday
    Week 1
    PW: 282.2
    CW: 280.4
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN CW 215.6

@reflectionofme Those treats look really good. Sending you lots of applause for willpower.
    @BMcC9 Am eagerly awaiting the results of your sorbet making. I could happily have ice cream for meals every day.
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,823 Member
    Options
    April : Step challenge
    4/1/19-16,121
    4/2/-16,201
    4/3/-16,147
    4/4/-17,210
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,229 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: ยป
    We will try out making our first batch of sorbet / sherbet in the new do-dad this weekend.

But I will need to go shopping for ingredients first .... Any particulary fruit/flavour recommendations, @jugar ?

Just about anything with mango works amazingly well - put a whole pitted mango through the blender until smooth. Then any other fruit you like with it - strawberries, blueberries, etc. To make the consistency work, you need some simple syrup (water and sugar). I usually put in some lime or lemon zest (very finely grated), sometimes a sprig of fresh rosemary - boil those in the syrup and just keep it in the fridge until you need it. If you don't want the sugar, it seems white wine also keeps it from getting too hard in the freezer! Pears are wonderful too. Just simmer them and then puree, use some nutmeg or cardamom or anything else you like. I went wild on cranberry for a while. Cook in water and sugar, blend them, pour through a strainer and off you go. With lime. With mango - gorgeous colour and super yummy. With blueberries. You can't go wrong! Getting the perfect consistency is not always easy. When it finishes in the machine, it will be like soft-serve. Put it into containers and in the freezer for at least a couple of hours and it will finish freezing. Sometimes you have to let it sit out for 10 minutes or so before serving. Have fun!
  • jugar
    Options
    sue_01 wrote: ยป
    Thrilling Thursday- I am really excited because I have made 16,000 steps+ this week I had a sitting appointment yesterday, super strong winds, now I am going to the dentist for my check up, sitting again I already have 9,000 steps, and it only 11:00am.

This is fantastic! Your steps are really impressive - I think they should count double if you're walking in the kind of wind we've had today, don't you?
  • jugar
    Options
    Throwaway Thursday! - getting rid of house items, clutter, clothes, the going to spin away!! ๐Ÿšด๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿšด๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

I need to do that. You know the room in the basement with all the stuff in it? I want to turn that into my workout room, but have to do all the work to empty it first. SOME DAY. I figure I should save that job for when it is really hot out in July and I can't stand it. The basement will be cool and lovely. Of course, I said that last summer...
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Steps 4/3 12,881
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Finally went through all my cookbooks and recipe mags...bit of a hoarder. Kept some gave some away!!
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Steps 4/4~ 11,123
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Username: jlbtnc
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 208.6
    Todays Weight: 205.8

plus my steps from Thursday 4/4 (was not able to log everything due to being out) - 10160
    steps from 4/3 - not sure if posted them - 10278
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    @tdrjustus3
    @jlbtnc
    Well done on making it through week 1! Keep it up!!
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Thank you @Perla4686 it was a touch week for me
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Foodie Fridays ... anything and everything food related .... the good, the not-so-good and the downright UGLY!

JUST PICK ONE (unless you feel like posting more than once, after you come back and respond to someone else .... )

Recipe(s)

What mind-games does your IGM get up to when you had to work late and are driving one block over from your former-fave Fast Food joint?

What in-your-plan YUMMY!! treats do your IGM respond WELL to as a bribe for skipping the drive-through?

What's a trigger food for you? (something there is no such thing as "just one" and is better to cut out completely for now) - what if anything did you substitute for it?

What is "something special you CAN control" but will ALWAYS find a way to work into your allotted food plan (like for me, Dark Chocolate Bark Thins .... or other high-ended single-serving chocolate .... ~60 cals per each pre-wrapped ball of yummm, and soooooooo much more worth it than a daily generic vending machine chocolate bar at over 250 calories)
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Foodie Fridays
    I'm enjoying my very delicious salad for lunch (420 calories)
    Lettuce
    Roasted sweet potatoes
    Pomegranate arils
    Grilled halloumi cheese
    Tahini dressing
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,294 Member
    Options
    Steps- 11,152
  • jugar
    edited April 2019
    Options
    0k39jsbl6ivr.jpg

It's the biggest weigh-in day of the week! Get those numbers flying in - ready for the week 1 tally.

@AmyRobF
    @Bear479
    @Connie7355
    @jlbtnc Done!
    @Jugar Done!
    @leni1us
    @martinesther88
    @Sue_01
    @Kittu125

And Saturday people? Be ready to get yours in on time - we want no one missing by 5 am Sunday when the crazy moderators start working on the tally. That's 5 am Pacific time!!!!
    @martarena
    @matthewsfive
    @Micki48
    @treebek
    @snowstormy8
    @evangsimmons170

OK. LATE PEOPLE. Last reminder... If you're gone, you're gone. But if you're here, get it done!
    @MrsBeckiC1
    @Astrue
    @Blackbeautysue

People on maintenance can weigh in if you want to.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    BMcC9
    (cheer squad)

PW: 135.8
    CW: 135.4
This discussion has been closed.