LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Sounds like a great plan there darlin'! ROCK AND ROLL! I'mma keep on 'em for the chicken feeties too ;)
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Today’s Date: 4/5/2019
    Today's Plan: Was OMAD, but ended up intermittent fasting for 19hrs and eating 2 meals and snacks
    Weight Goal for the Month: 162lb
    Today’s Weight: N/A
    Today’s Water Consumed: not enough
    Today’s Exercise completed: nada
    Hours slept: 8hrs
    Description/Photo of Meals: wing/leg/thigh of Sam's rotisserie chicken w/ hot sauce, cheddar crisps, SF orange jello w/ added citric acid, pork belly strips marinated in soy sauce/sesame oil/ 5 spice/ garlic powder/ onion powder/ red pepper flakes/ salt/ black pepper and air fried
    Total calories: 1735

Your thoughts/comments on the day: I felt the need to eat earlier, so I did. I probably would've eaten more chicken then, but the breast was SO incredibly dry. Inedible. It wasn't enough though so I finished off a bag of some cheese crisps and had a few bites of jello.
    While making the jello, I added in a sprinkle of citric acid to add sourness. So yum!
    Dinner tonight with family didn't work out either. They picked a Chinese place (Americanized Chinese/Thai food) that has nothing I would want. It's all in sugary syrupy sauce or battered and served with a heaping helping of rice that makes up about 70% of the meal....like most places here. Good, but not exactly healthy or satisfying when you can't enjoy the rice.
    So I decided to stay home and try the pork belly. Had no idea what to do with them so figured that the seasoning for the chicken thighs is good, maybe it would work on the pork. It marinated for all of 10 minutes before I popped them in to the air fryer. 15min on one side, and 15 min on the other. Not as crispy as I was hoping but it was still really good. :yum:

Is it bad that on these free for all calorie days... I'm disappointed when I can't eat more? Lol. It's like I'm disappointed that I'm not eating 5000 calories or something :lol:
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Good job on not weighing! :+1: I am one of those who will drive myself nuts if I don't weigh. I tried only weighing once a week but in the end, I ended up like a depressed puppy :( So now, I will just weigh whenever I want and if Mr Scale has been nasty, I will push him under my bed for a day or two :lol: Sometimes, its hard to eat with family. My kids just love fastfood and every Sunday its 200% confirm it will be fastfood :lol: Your meals sounds delicious and I bet the pork belly smelled amazing with the aroma filling up your kitchen :yum: Have a wonderful weekend <3
  • LiLee2018
    Today’s Date:4/6/19
    Today's Plan: FFA calories OMAD
    Hours slept: 8hrs
    Description/Photo of Meals: Big *kitten* salad! Romaine lettuce, feta cheese, uncured ham cubes, cherry tomato, yellow onion, broccoli, cucumber slices, caesar dressing, ribeye cooked in butter and a dash of hot sauce after, homemade ice cream, cheese crisps
    Total calories: N/A

Your thoughts/comments on the day: Friday night after eating the pork belly, I woke up needing to throw up. I think it was just too much fat for my stomach and it wasn't settling well. Not fun at all, but live and learn.
    After that, I wanted something lighter for dinner and I hadn't had a salad in forever so that's what I made. A big *kitten* salad. And it was delicious too! Leafy greens and raw broccoli go right through me, but it was worth it! lol
    I also tried making some ice cream using Mio orange/tangerine. It tasted good, but I added too much of the flavoring. Oh well. Kids and hubby liked it.
    Grocery store also had rib roasts still on sale so we grabbed another. We can get 6 really good sized steaks out of one. So much cheaper than buying ribeyes already sliced. Meat is so expensive here /cry
    Tonight is going to be bone broth. Maybe tomorrow too. Haven't decided and depends how I feel.

Still keeping strong and staying off the scale too. Friday is right around the corner. I can make it until then!
    Also going to start exercising more this week... which means I really need to clean up this gross living room. Toddlers man..... little whiny crying eating cute walking disasters.
  • LiLee2018
    Today’s Date: 4/7/19
    Today's Plan: OMAD
    Today’s Water Consumed: 1/2 liter
    Hours slept: 9
    Description/Photo of Meals: 4 cups (about 2 coffee cups worth) of chicken bone broth w/ about a tsp of chicken bouillon added. 2 swigs of braggs ACV concord grape drink
    Total calories: About 200 or so

Your thoughts/comments on the day: I clean fasted today. No soda at all during my fasting time. Didn't feel the need for a caffeine boost so didn't have any diet dr pepper. Decided since I wasn't drinking that, might as well see if I can do a clean fast. And welp... it went pretty good. I am having a caff free diet coke right now though. I do want to get back to 1 maybe 2 sodas a day. I was starting to get back in to my old habit of nothing but soda all day long.
    I have experienced some serious hunger today though. Not sure if that's b/c of the no diet soda or what. But it was pretty tough today. First half of the day was ok b/c I busied myself doing house work. 2nd half after I was done... just ugh. Lots of stomach gurgles and grumbles and wanting ALL THE FOOD.
    Not sure if I'll be able to do just bone broth again tomorrow. I did set out to do alternate days of bone broth so I could just stick to that plan.

Also, the braggs drink is ok. You can still smell the ACV pretty strongly and there is sugar in it too from the juice they use which is disappointing. Not a lot though thankfully. The flavor wasn't too bad. Drinkable. I'll probably have a swig of that before eating every day just b/c I don't want to waste it lol.

And yeah... all in all a decent day. I want to weigh myself so bad /cry Must. Stay. Strong!
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    You are doing great! You have to listen to your body for sure :)
  • LiLee2018
    Well, workout this morning was disappointing. I did do 3 sets of squats though. That's a start. But the bands I bought keep rolling up and not staying where they're supposed to. Even on the easier exercises they keep rolling. Grrrr
    Maybe should've just bought ankle weights or something.

Also had a horrible night of sleep for some reason. Think it's b/c it was too warm in the room. I just don't sleep well when it's warm b/c I always wake up tossing the blankets off, then having to put them back on after I cool off, wash rinse repeat. If it's cold, I can just snuggle up under the blanket all night.
    So diet dr pepper this morning for the caffeine. I wish I liked black coffee b/c I would drink that instead. I'll check out green tea next time I go to the store too, but I'm not really a fan of hot tea either. BAH! lol

So yeah.. extremely tired today. Workout wasn't that great, but that will get better with time. Just need better sleep.
    Im gonna go with alternate days of bone broth. And I think next week, I'm going to try a maintenance week. Watching videos that say you don't want your body adapting to a caloric deficit so will increase my calories next week and see what happens.

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Sorry about you not getting good sleep last night, I feel for you. It is hard to workout if you're tired. But, you're sticking with it and doing great all around so that's a plus!

I think you're really wise to up calories, I'm a huge proponent of getting enough calories and when I did up mine--when I was kicking *kitten* and before I put on my dumbass hat and dropped this group and went back to the old way even though I always felt great doing IF and eating whole foods--I dropped weight really well when I regularly upped calories. So I think you'll be pleasantly surprised! :-)
  • mistymeadows2005
    UGHHHHHHHHHHH getting no sleep is the WORST babe! So sorry!!!

I like that you're throwing in the bone broth days - and quite frankly it just makes my lil bone-broth-lovin' heart happy every time you mention it <3

Excited to see your results next week! Remind me when you're going to re-weigh in again?
  • LiLee2018
    misty- I'll be weighing in this friday :)

wsandy- I really hope I get good results :) It will be fun stuffing my face at least lol

Today’s Date: 4/8/19
    Today’s Exercise completed: 3 sets of 15rep squats
    Hours slept: not enough
    Description/Photo of Meals: 3 rotisserie chicken leg quarters, SF raspberry jello, parmesan crisps, fried cheddar jack cheese, swig of braggs ACV grape flavor drink
    Total calories: 1488

Your thoughts/comments on the day: HANGRY today. I was not pleasant to be around. Kids driving me a bit more crazy than usual.
    Devoured my food in record time and could've eaten a lot more, but kept it under control. Will be catching up on water intake before bed.
  • wsandy8512
    @LiLee2018, haha, that’s bet! Stuffing ones face is always fun!
  • jadepearl
    Aww..so sorry to hear that! (hugs) Not getting enough or any good sleep sucks! :( Same here right now, with the school holidays, my kids are driving me nuts too... :lol: Good luck with your weigh-in on Friday :)
  • LiLee2018
    Horrible sleep again. Already told Hubs that I don't care what he says... I'm turning on the AC (we have a window unit in our room). I NEED sleep. Tossing and turning all night b/c I kept waking to throw the blanket off, or put it back on if I got cold again. I'm going to bed early and I'm making our room an ice box!
    I wanted to do a clean fast today but I need this caffeine right now b/c I feel like a zombie.... a very tired super dead decaying zombie that just wants to lay down and go back to sleep but can't b/c I have super hyper loud toddler tornadoes attached to me that don't take naps anymore /cry.

Thankfully my mood feels more even & level today. Anything and everything isn't instantly setting me off like it was yesterday. I hate getting like that and I'm not sure why it happens. Maybe an electrolyte thing. Before starting keto, I was pretty level headed. I still had moments, but not like after starting keto. Like Dr Jekyll and Mrs Bitchface.

I'm actually not looking forward to weighing in. Well.. I am b/c I'm curious, but also I'm not b/c I feel like it's not going to be a good one for some reason. Maybe that's just the lack of sleep talking lol. Bad weigh ins... good weigh ins. I'm in this until the end. No more yo-yo dieting for this lady.

Bone broth meal today. Thankfully I can break my fast a little earlier since I finished eating early yesterday. Will be having at least 2 cups of it. Will probably have to take another trip to the store so I can make more before the week is over. Will probably do that tomorrow after dropping daughter off at school... /nodnod

• volgirl1322
    Sorry your sleep isn't good at all ---I am the same way I love it freezing and if i get too hot --I am miserable :) Hope you win the battle with hubs :)……

Don't stress on your weigh in --if you do it just do it and move on...….I am the same way super nervous on Friday and really hoping for a happy weigh in but we all have those that just plain suck :)…....

Enjoy your broth sounds yummy :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Ugh yeah sleep across the board seems to be the struggle for us all! Maybe it's the time of year - for you it def sounds weather related LOL - tell that man to keep his hands off your AC!!!!!!! LOL
  • LiLee2018
    Today’s Date: 4/9/19
    Today’s Water Consumed: Meh
    Hours slept: what is this sleep??
    Description/Photo of Meals: 80/20 hamburger patty w/ hot sauce, 3 rotisserie chicken leg quarters, 1 line of lily's salted caramel chocolate, 1.5c chicken bone broth w/ bouillon
    Total calories: 1628

Your thoughts/comments on the day: Welp.. bone broth day was a fail! I had my yummy cup and knew instantly that just bone broth wasn't going to be enough. Not sure if it's b/c I'm tired or what, but my body just needed to eat.. so I did. A lot.
    Still in a deficit but only just barely. Oh well.
    Not going to beat myself up for listening to my body.

Feel so worn down though. I reeeeeeally need a good night of sleep tonight. REALLY need it. I am almost at the point of not being able to think straight. That's how tired I am right now.
    Doesn't help that both my boys have had sick poops today and one threw up during dinner. Hope whatever they have doesn't spread to me.
  • wsandy8512
    edited April 2019
    (((Lisa))), I feel so bad for you and I know how it feels to go without barely any sleep. There right now myself, but I don't have small children to deal with and my husband and I both love a cool 68 for overnight sleeping temperature. I hope you are able to get a good quality night's sleep in soon and definitely don't get sick from whatever your little ones have!

Your meal sounds awesome and there is nothing wrong with listening to your body. No more yo-yoing for me, either!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Definitely not! I ALWAYS listen and I'm almost ALWAYS glad I did because the scale rewards me (***as long as I'm careful to make sure it's physical hunger not mental hunger*** as we mentioned before LOL)
  • volgirl1322
    Yes I agree---you have to listen to your body if you need to eat just eat and move on.....
    Hoping for some sleep tonight for you....
  • jadepearl
    So sorry to hear that you ain't getting any sleep! Sending over quick healing vibes to your boys <3 Hope they are feeling better today :) Yes, I too agree with others. Do listen to your body :)