WAIST AWAYS - April 2019

Options

Replies

• sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    I only had yogurt for breakfast today, so I could get out walking, I am going to a celebration of life, all my clothes are one size down. At four we are having birthday #2 for my grand daughter just have to watch my food choices.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    Options
    karenesg wrote: »
    You guys are ROCKING the baseball game! Whooohoooo Go Team !!!

We are indeed! It has been really fun. Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    sue_01 wrote: »
    I only had yogurt for breakfast today, so I could get out walking, I am going to a celebration of life, all my clothes are one size down. At four we are having birthday #2 for my grand daughter just have to watch my food choices.

This is beautiful. One size down - YESS!
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Saturday weigh in
    Week 2
    PW 201.6
    CW 202.5

Feeling a little unfocused. Trying to deal with my taxes. But I am doing everything possible to procrastinate. Running out of time.

6r5wqiy4q43c.png

Hang in there Micki!! I feel your struggle. Am also trying to work to eliminate some of my procrastination habits. Yeah, running out of time helps LOL! Best to you B)
  • karenesg
    Options
    sue_01 wrote: »

That's AWESOME Sue!! What a great feeling huh?! Enjoy the walk and celebrations B)
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    WEIGH-IN:

User = @evangsimmons170
    Week = 2
    Weigh-in Day = Saturday (4/13/19)
    Previous Weight = 338.4
    Current Weight = 339.2

STEP CHALLENGE:

04/07/19             10,532 
    04/08/19             10,494 
    04/09/19                8,191 
    04/10/19                5,679 
    04/11/19                7,303 
    04/12/19             11,336 
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    sim3estvqap6.png
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    OMG I just figured out how to screen shot on my smart phone so I can stop doing double work between MFP and my Fitbit. This is epic!!!! Hey, I'm 50! It took me a minute to figure it out. LOLOLOL @jugar You can expect my posts to be more frequent now! Woo hoo!

P.S. I had to do it on computer because I still couldn't figure out how to get it to post from my phone, but this is still progress! :blush:
  • karenesg
    Options
    OMG I just figured out how to screen shot on my smart phone so I can stop doing double work between MFP and my Fitbit. This is epic!!!! Hey, I'm 50! It took me a minute to figure it out. LOLOLOL @jugar You can expect my posts to be more frequent now! Woo hoo!

P.S. I had to do it on computer because I still couldn't figure out how to get it to post from my phone, but this is still progress! :blush:

Good stepping! And learning! Way to go :smiley:
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,403 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    End of week reflections:

As some of you saw, because @mari_moulin has stepped away for a while as moderator for F2F, I was asked to join the moderators, and I accepted. So far it is a blast - they are a great bunch and I am enjoying getting to know the other teams and captains. I really miss Mari! In order to make this work, I'd love it if my wonderful co-captain could take over the weigh-ins again - @BMcC9 could you do that? I'll keep on with the steps since they count in the baseball scores ....

I will take over the weigh-ins as of Week 3 / Day 1 (aka tomorrow, Sunday April 14)

Good work on making it to the mid-point of the month, everyone!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,403 Member
    Options
    Team Weight No More's Week 3 Group Challenge Today Matters

omgl8uz38b0s.jpg

A Four minute Four Circle goal setting tool
    Adapted from Steve Chandler's book "100 ways to motivate yourself"

The Four Circle Method is a game changer if you suffer with the thought "I have so much weight to lose and it will TAKE FOREVER."

This is a great tool that helps you plan what you will do today to get you to that far away goal. You see, most of us are just disconnected from the smaller version of ourselves. We can't believe that the little things we do today MATTER. We think things like, "This bite won't hurt" or "I’m done… weighing 150lbs will take forever so give me a cookie."

The Four Circles basically trains your brain to believe how important today's tiny steps are. Yep...drinking the water matters versus our usual thought of drinking the water isn't enough.

Instruction: Start by drawing four circles on a piece of paper (see example below). The circles represent one year, one month, one week, and today. Inside each circle write down what you want. It can be anything. Start with the one year circle first.

The top left circle is the one year goal.
    The top right breaks that goal down into a smaller piece, a monthly goal.
    The bottom left is an even smaller piece, a weekly goal.
    The bottom right is EVERYTHING you are going to do today that will help you reach your goal.

Without looking at our goals on a daily basis, we tend to lose sight of them and get caught up in reacting to people and circumstances, forgetting about our one year goal. If you hit your daily goal every day, your weekly goal is automatically hit. If your weekly goal every week is reached, the monthly goal has to happen If you hit your monthly goal every month, your yearly goal will be achieved.

Ultimately, success is dependent upon just one of the circles: the circle labeled "today". When you realize the irrefutable mathematical truth contained in this system, you have just proved on paper that your day and your life are the same thing. There is no future other than the future you are working on today. Your future is not stranded out there somewhere in space.

Now tell your team and share your goals. Every day matters. What will you do today?

uowm98yw87cp.png

Thank you for sharing your specific goals aready, @karenesg. I will work on mine later tonight. I am also going to be sharing this with another challenge group I am with. Seems to me ... offhand .... I could apply the same thing to NON-mfp challenges as well .... like regular, systematic studying for my Second Language Exams, or getting to the bottom of my mending pile ... or building up the savings account etc etc .....

I will have to check out the whole book!
  • jugar
    Options

The best! Don't you love figuring stuff out?
  • jugar
    Options
    SATURDAY BASEBALL - END OF WEEK 1 OF 2!

1. @jugar 90 minutes, 15,000 steps = triple triple
    2. @jlbtnc
    3. @sue_01
    4. @micki48
    5. @Kittu125
    6. @fourathomej

We had our very first warm day today - in the 60's Fahrenheit! Felt SO good. I walked and walked and walked - I love our road. It is a gravel road with few dwellings. In close to 2 hours, 3 vehicles passed by. The streams are now running like crazy, and the snow is finally starting to recede. Our pond has open water in a few spots now - the frogs will come up as soon as all the ice is off and we have a sunny day. It is my real indication that spring has arrived when that happens.

No coat. Wow.

OK, I'm done gushing now. Get those baseball stats in as early as you can so that @Navydaddjtc and I can crunch them up and show who is winning (WE ARE) tomorrow morning.
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    AmyRobF wrote: »
    AmyRobF
    PW 212
    CW 210
    🙌🏻

Here it is!

• jugar
    Options
    AmyRobF
    PW 212
    CW 210
    🙌🏻

Here it is!

Fantastic!
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I walked for 1 hour and 47 minutes and 14,004 steps (I don't think will get much more in steps)
  • sue_01
    Options
    SATURDAY BASEBALL - END OF WEEK 1 OF 2!

1. @jugar 90 minutes, 15,000 steps = triple triple
    2. @jlbtnc
    3. @sue_01-44mins, 11,405 steps = double
    4. @micki48
    5. @Kittu125
    6. @fourathomej
  • sue_01