Options

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    To all those who celebrate, Happy Easter!! The thread has been a little quiet this week; maybe Easter has something to do with it. What are your plans for the weekend? I have already had my two family dinners, so on Sunday it will just be my husband, my son and myself and we will be having leftover Christmas turkey and stuffing from the freezer. I will do up some mashed potatoes and squash and call it a day. It's not supposed to be raining (rained all day here on Friday) so maybe the guys will get in a round of golf. If not, they will be watching the Leafs game!! I know I will be!! Did you all have Good Friday off? Here it is a stat holiday, but one of my MFP friends from Nebraska worked yesterday, which really surprised me.

I worked yesterday, and am about to be going in to work shortly. Retail 😫

I am planning on going to my boyfriend's house for Easter, although we do not have any plans. My mom is having Easter dinner with relatives that I no longer speak to, so it is better this way. A lot of places (in CT at least) are still open for the weekend. Many of the grocery stores are staying open until 12 or 1 tomorrow, because of the Stop &Shop strike out here.

That is actually sad, that people in retail have to work so much just so we can have the convenience of shopping whenever we like. Family time is important, too, and we, as humans, have the ability to plan ahead if we know stores are closed. (My family's business is a farm supply and we are closed every Sunday, even in the spring, when planting season is our busiest time!! The only stat we remain open for (and pay our employees accordingly) is the Monday holiday the third weekend in May.) So, since Friday and Saturday are business as usual in the States (Saturday is here as well), does that mean you get Sunday and Monday off? Easter Monday here is only a civic holiday for teachers, doctors, postal workers, etc.

No l, unless you are a bank, government building/office or school, usually most retail is open for all holidays, except for Christmas. Our store is closed on Easter, but all other holidays we are currently open.

I served my time in retail. One year I was stuck working on Easter Sunday. This lady came up to me and said “you know it’s not right that this store is open and you have to work today”
    My response: “well as long as people like you come in and spend money on the holidays, people like me will have to keep working them”

Great response, Erik, and so true!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    To all those who celebrate, Happy Easter!! The thread has been a little quiet this week; maybe Easter has something to do with it. What are your plans for the weekend? I have already had my two family dinners, so on Sunday it will just be my husband, my son and myself and we will be having leftover Christmas turkey and stuffing from the freezer. I will do up some mashed potatoes and squash and call it a day. It's not supposed to be raining (rained all day here on Friday) so maybe the guys will get in a round of golf. If not, they will be watching the Leafs game!! I know I will be!! Did you all have Good Friday off? Here it is a stat holiday, but one of my MFP friends from Nebraska worked yesterday, which really surprised me.

I worked yesterday, and am about to be going in to work shortly. Retail 😫

I am planning on going to my boyfriend's house for Easter, although we do not have any plans. My mom is having Easter dinner with relatives that I no longer speak to, so it is better this way. A lot of places (in CT at least) are still open for the weekend. Many of the grocery stores are staying open until 12 or 1 tomorrow, because of the Stop &Shop strike out here.

That is actually sad, that people in retail have to work so much just so we can have the convenience of shopping whenever we like. Family time is important, too, and we, as humans, have the ability to plan ahead if we know stores are closed. (My family's business is a farm supply and we are closed every Sunday, even in the spring, when planting season is our busiest time!! The only stat we remain open for (and pay our employees accordingly) is the Monday holiday the third weekend in May.) So, since Friday and Saturday are business as usual in the States (Saturday is here as well), does that mean you get Sunday and Monday off? Easter Monday here is only a civic holiday for teachers, doctors, postal workers, etc.

No l, unless you are a bank, government building/office or school, usually most retail is open for all holidays, except for Christmas. Our store is closed on Easter, but all other holidays we are currently open.

I served my time in retail. One year I was stuck working on Easter Sunday. This lady came up to me and said “you know it’s not right that this store is open and you have to work today”
    My response: “well as long as people like you come in and spend money on the holidays, people like me will have to keep working them”

Exactly! If people shop, they'll stay open.
  • 24blfn
    24blfn Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Username: 24blfn
    Weigh in week: April Week 3
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's weight: 211.8
    Todays Weight: 212.8

Sorry I'm late.
    Same old story ( I'm a serial starter and have been at this for 9 years!!!!) I lose a bit of weight, my trousers become looser, I have to tighten my belt a couple of holes, I start to feel a little thinner and then I become complacent and start to gain it back, several 3000+, 4000+ and a 5000 kcal day this week. Why do I do this to myself when I know what to do to lose weight and have done it many times before???
    Reality is I'm still massively unhealthy ( BMI is 38) and I have uncontrolled high blood pressure due to my weight (I'm a stubborn bloke so refuse to take my meds as strokes etc won't happen to me).
    Even though I've lost some weight this time I'm not fully committed and I don't know why!
    I restarted this time as my 4 year old daughter started to call me fat daddy all the time and that really hurt.
    Sorry for the long post and thanks for listening, hopefully sharing this will stop the rot, I need my *kitten* kicking!!! Any offers??
    Happy Easter
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    4/20/19 Mini Challenge
    Logged: Yes
    Under: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 45 minutes elliptical
  • heaz10
    heaz10 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    4/19:
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes 25 min walk

4/20:
    Exercise: yes 30 min walk
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    24blfn wrote: »

Sorry I'm late.
    Same old story ( I'm a serial starter and have been at this for 9 years!!!!) I lose a bit of weight, my trousers become looser, I have to tighten my belt a couple of holes, I start to feel a little thinner and then I become complacent and start to gain it back, several 3000+, 4000+ and a 5000 kcal day this week. Why do I do this to myself when I know what to do to lose weight and have done it many times before???
    Reality is I'm still massively unhealthy ( BMI is 38) and I have uncontrolled high blood pressure due to my weight (I'm a stubborn bloke so refuse to take my meds as strokes etc won't happen to me).
    Even though I've lost some weight this time I'm not fully committed and I don't know why!
    I restarted this time as my 4 year old daughter started to call me fat daddy all the time and that really hurt.
    Sorry for the long post and thanks for listening, hopefully sharing this will stop the rot, I need my *kitten* kicking!!! Any offers??
    Happy Easter

@24blfn, by posting this you have effectively caught yourself from continuing to spiral out of control. You are telling us that you don’t want to be a serial starter, nor do you want to be “fat daddy”!! After all your binges this week, you are only up a pound, so all is not lost....far from it!! Take the rest of the weekend to come up with a plan for next week so that you can start on Monday with new resolve!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Sorry out of town on a family emergency haven’t had time to think let alone weight in or keep track of my calories or exercise
    Happy Easter / Passover friends
    I’ll be back at it on Monday morning
    See ya then
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Saturday, April 20, 2019
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: No
    Exercise: No
    Steps as of posting: 8.731

6 hours of driving. Why is it so exhausting to sit on your butt for 6 hours?! Surprised I went over calories today. Had a lot of snacks packed and was feeling hungry most of the day. I didn’t log until the end of the day because I didn’t have my phone on me. Honestly thought if I went by hunger cues I would be ok. Guess I’m a ways off from naturally knowing my calorie limit for the day.
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter!
  • nordiera
    nordiera Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sorry been out of phone service for easter long weekend.

Weigh in Friday 19/04
    CW: 272 lbs (123.4kg)
  • Jl20alon2564
    Jl20alon2564 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Username: Jl20alon2564
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Journey starting weight: 332lbs
    February starting weight: 324lbs
    March starting weight: 314.2lbs
    April starting weight: 299.6lbs
    Last weeks weight: 294lbs
    Current weight: 290.8lbs

Happy Easter everyone! The kids baskets are driving me nuts today. I gotta remind myself that I don't really love this candy. It's just a bad long time habit of munching on it absent mindedly that I need to break. Hope everyone has a good day!
  • Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options

Sorry I'm late.
    Happy Easter

Sorry you've had a rough time with keeping on track this week and I totally understand what you mean about the motivation/lack of motivation cycle.

I posted similarly just last week and the support I got was fantastic so you're in the right place. You can do it!
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Coral333 wrote: »

Sorry I'm late.
    Happy Easter

Sorry you've had a rough time with keeping on track this week and I totally understand what you mean about the motivation/lack of motivation cycle.

I posted similarly just last week and the support I got was fantastic so you're in the right place. You can do it!

I have also posted similar to this within the last month. My motivation comes strong then wanes away and I struggle. It is very cyclical.

The people in this group are very supportive and hot me back on track. You can do it !
  • karrihowlett
    karrihowlett Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    April 20 Mini challenge

Tracked- Yes
    Under- No
    Exercise- 30 minute walk
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    heaz10 wrote: »
    4/19:
    Exercise: yes 25 min walk

4/20:
    Exercise: yes 30 min walk

@heaz10, Heather, I have been collecting the results for the Mini Challenge for Week #3. According to your posts, you only have five yes's, with Sunday and Thursday being no's. Before I officially declare your streak in the Winner's Circle over and record your accomplishment in the record book, I just want to make sure that this is accurate. It is still a great week, even if it is only five yes's!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    Sorry out of town on a family emergency haven’t had time to think let alone weight in or keep track of my calories or exercise
    Happy Easter / Passover friends
    I’ll be back at it on Monday morning
    See ya then

@murdog3t, hugs, Tami. Hope all is well with your family and that you were able to have a good Easter Celebration.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »
    MINI CHALLENGE
    DATE: Saturday, April 20, 2019
    Logged food: Yes
    Under calories: No
    Exercise: No
    Steps as of posting: 8.731

6 hours of driving. Why is it so exhausting to sit on your butt for 6 hours?! Surprised I went over calories today. Had a lot of snacks packed and was feeling hungry most of the day. I didn’t log until the end of the day because I didn’t have my phone on me. Honestly thought if I went by hunger cues I would be ok. Guess I’m a ways off from naturally knowing my calorie limit for the day.

@mikea2g, were you way over, Mike? You have been eating over your calories the last little bit due to your back injury, so maybe your hunger cues were being based on that level of satiety rather than the calorie deficit level.
This discussion has been closed.