cydneebauman Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Weekly weight
    Username: cydneebauman
    Weigh in week: May week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: 201
    Todays Weight: 200.4

I can definitely tell I'm bloated today and holding in some water eight weight 😭😭

I was so happy with Saturday's weigh in coming in under 200 that yesterday and today has been discouraging. But I got this! Let's get this Monday started!
  • BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Weekly weight
    Username: cydneebauman
    Weigh in week: May week 1
    Previous Week's weight: 201
    Todays Weight: 200.4

I can definitely tell I'm bloated today and holding in some water eight weight 😭😭

I was so happy with Saturday's weigh in coming in under 200 that yesterday and today has been discouraging. But I got this! Let's get this Monday started!

Don't let it get you down! Use it as fuel this week. You are still down 1.4 lbs from the previous weigh in, so you are headed in the right direction - and yes, you do got this!!!
  • melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Username: Melodyis4reals
    Weigh in week: week 1
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Week's weight: 175
    Todays Weight: 173.8

I know I put my weight up yesterday but not in the correct format. My apologies. I ended up falling asleep putting my little to sleep. Here’s to 9.5 hours of sleep!
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    No loss this week. I weigh myself daily so I can log it in the Happy Scale app to better understand my fluctuations and during last week I saw 158 on the scale. However, Monday is my “official” weigh-in day and this morning I was 160, so no change from last Monday which is fine. That’s what I get for eating the snowballs and FOUR packed fajitas (with lots of salsa and sour cream) the other night lol. But they were sooo good 😋 Anyway, here’s to a fresh start this week...we’ve got this 💪💟

A lot of people say you shouldn't weigh daily, but I definitely thinks it helps to see how food affects you. Like salt, etc. You can learn how much it adds to your weight, and how long it takes for your body to "normalize". Also, even if it is like .2 pounds, it helps motivate me to keep going.

And... FAJITAS! OMG YESS! What do you like to put in your fajitas, and wht spices do you use?

@BEASTFIELD314 I weigh everyday too. I don’t let it dictate my day, if it’s a bad weight, I like seeing the numbers and how they lay out. Recently found out that cured ham makes me hold water for like a week! Have to watch that in the future. (I love ham)🍖🍖🍖
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    What's everyone's go to low calorie snack? I love pickles and popcorn but I am always looking for more snack ideas.

I make my own mustard dressing with 2tbsp vinegar, 2 tbsp lemon juice, olive oil 1tbsp, 3 tsp garlic powder and 3 tbsp of ground chia seed 1/2 cup of french mustard (this is to make a small bowl to be refrigerated) I then use a spoonful with my snack 6 baby carrots, 1 chop celery stalk and 8 cucumber slices 84 cal
    3pwtji9fnjmh.jpg
    This is my version but you need to find veggies you like and do something similar. Although it's low in calories it's very filling.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday, 4/28)

Track: No
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: No
    Goals/Day/Comments: Not the best weight loss for week 1, but my first week is rarely great. Getting back into the swing of things. Did a little cleaning outside - hosed off the patio, got the grill prepped for the season. Fixed a few things around the house. Overall, tried to make it a relaxing day, getting ready for the week.

I have my alarm set for 5am. We'll see how that goes. Just getting myself used to getting up early so I can then start getting some exercise (probably walking) in each day. Hope the weekend treated you all well, and the week ahead is great!

Jason, just FYI that backyard work counts as exercise as well. 😃😃

Since I've become disabled I learned to calculate every movement especially if it lasts more than 5 minutes
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post: April 28th

Track: Yes
    Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: 5,800 steps + yard work

I was really proud of myself today. I did my own yard work for the 1st time in years. My yard has a bunch of big bare spots so today I raked the spots to loosen the soil, dropped down some top soil, seed and straw. I also set up a sprinkler to water it. I'm really hoping the bare spots fill in a little before the crazy hot weather hits.

Since my weight loss rate has dropped to a crawl this month I'm going to try some metabolism boosts.....some that you all have talked about. Drinking a lot more water and adding green tea are tops on my list. I tried green tea with Swerve today and it was good. I already eat a lot of lean protein. I plan to follow the Doc's advice and get in 3 cardio workouts per week. I need to work on getting more sleep too. This is an article I was reading: https://healthline.com/nutrition/10-ways-to-boost-metabolism#section9

Excellent and I love your goals. I have to say ever since I've drinking water and sleeping my 7-8hrs I've been so much better in dropping the pounds on a consistent basis
  • nbatch456
    nbatch456 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Username: nbatch456
    Week: May Week 1
    PW = 178.5
    CW= 178
  • nbatch456
    nbatch456 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Sun, 4/28
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: No
    Goals/Day/Comments: Ate like a champ during the weekend. New start cause it’s MONDAY!
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 1 hour superfit class

My 85 year old father broke his hip this weekend. I am so sad for him.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)
    Track: yes
    Exercise: 1 hour superfit class

My 85 year old father broke his hip this weekend. I am so sad for him.

Oh no I'll be praying he has a speedy recovery that can be so painful as individuals get older but really praying he's not in too much pain and has lots of help through the recovery process.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    HAPPY MONDAY TEAM SLIMSONS

MOTIVATIONAL TIP: STRESS EATING & LOW CALORIE FOODS

When you find yourself in the momentof additional stress make sure your cupboards and refrigerators are filled with fat burning or low calorie foods or go outside and do something productive to relieve that stress. I myself emotional eat so I am speaking from experience. I'm still seeking an outlet for my emotional eating as its been 45 days and I have a tentative handle on it right now. As you know it takes 90 days to create a habit so I am O LY halfway there and I find myself at times googling cakes and cookies soooo not good.

ff4i7taqxyn4.jpg

yhs343fe0i5f.jpg

Be blessed.
    Regards
    Glorious Gloria ❤❤
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,805 Member
    Options
    Sunday 4/28 check in
    Water: over
    Exercise: walking
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Lissy. Was part of this last month but wasn't able to put in as much effort as I would have liked.

CW: 223.4
    My weigh in date will be Wednesdays
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble finding motivation and being consistent. I feel like I know *how* to do everything and *what* I should do, I just don't, won't, or can't. I make plans for good changes, then when it comes to implementing them, my brain is like "nah, you're good." I'm really aiming to be accountable this month with you guys. If anyone wants to ping me if you don't hear from me, that would be wonderful, and I'm happy to do the same back. I may not have dedication to myself (yet), but I'm good at helping others.

Sunday 4/28 check in
    Calories - didn't track but probably over
    Water - good
    Exercise - went for a walk with my boyfriend

Today I went for a walk in the morning before work and am hoping to go for a walk again later today, as well as get some strength and/or yoga in. I'm trying IF again (it worked well for me in the past, it's just HARD). I'm donating blood tomorrow so I don't think I'll be able to be as active tomorrow afternoon.
  • OkieGina
    OkieGina Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Username: OkieGina
    Weigh in week: May Week 1
    Previous Week's weight: 214.4
    Today's Weight: 212.2
  • OkieGina
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »

Done! Do I need to put "weekly weigh-in" at the top, or tag you in it or anything?
  • OkieGina
    Options
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    Weekly weigh-in

Username: o0kody0o
    Week/ May week 1
    PW: 160 lbs
    CW: 160 lbs

No loss this week. I weigh myself daily so I can log it in the Happy Scale app to better understand my fluctuations and during last week I saw 158 on the scale. However, Monday is my “official” weigh-in day and this morning I was 160, so no change from last Monday which is fine. That’s what I get for eating the snowballs and FOUR packed fajitas (with lots of salsa and sour cream) the other night lol. But they were sooo good 😋 Anyway, here’s to a fresh start this week...we’ve got this 💪💟

Ok, so I'm still trying to get caught up in this thread, but your post caught my eye for 2 reasons:

1) I had a trainer once who suggested I log my weight everyday, but really only concern myself with week-to-week comparisons, i.e., Monday to Monday, Tuesday to Tuesday, etc. That way you could see patterns in your eating (i.e., weight is down every Friday, but up every Monday - are you splurging too much), catch any upward trends before you are 2 weeks (or more) into them, and not get discouraged my a temporary weight gain. I felt like that gave me pretty good insight into my eating habits without being discouraging.

2) "snowballs" ... are you in Louisiana or from Louisiana? :wink: Or does someone else use that term? (I'm not from there, but did live there for a while.)
  • DeshotelK
    DeshotelK Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    OkieGina wrote: »
    2) "snowballs" ... are you in Louisiana or from Louisiana? :wink: Or does someone else use that term? (I'm not from there, but did live there for a while.)

I had the same question! I'm from Louisiana and don't know of any other state that calls them "snowballs". Got excited that there may be someone else from my area in this group.
This discussion has been closed.